• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
Build Fighters is amazing, yo.

It's too bad sports series aren't considered popular, because something like Haikyuu would've been right up Toonami's alley. ...though it's a Sentai dub, so maybe not.

They should air Kaiji or something. That'd be great.

Aila is best girl. I know all about Reji's mom or whatever the fuck his name is. Aila was my favorite character and she had the best taste in Gunpla.
3ac456705cee5a6485febd213c0b2fee.gif

They need more stand alone Gundam shows, like G-Gundam, Wing and IBO. problem with Unicorn is that its sooooooooo deep rooted in its own history that new fans cannot pick this up without watching the 7-8 other series's first.

IBO had flaws but not the historical weight Unicorn has which made it an easier and more fruitful watch.

Exaggerated. The only real shows that are necessary are 0079 and Char's counterattack. So either 1 tv series and 1 movie l, or four movies if you go the 0079 trilogy route.

Everything else certainly helps but unicorn isn't 1/10th as confusion without that background as toonami makes it out to be.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I think Unicorn is pretty easy to follow when you boil it down but it doesn't make it any less boring sadly.

Yeah that's my problem with it mostly. It's boring.
I get that there's a big political war, White Base is still a thing, there's a box, but it's hard to care because it's so... very... slow

cntr

Banned
Unicorn's very easy to understand if you can get past the dialogue and reference dump, but I don't really like where it goes.

Also, fuck Banagher and Riddhe. I forgot how bad they were.

Raxus

Yeah that's my problem with it mostly. It's boring.
I get that there's a big political war, White Base is still a thing, there's a box, but it's hard to care because it's so... very... slow

Perhaps the worst thing about it is it spoils its central mystery and every figured it out an episode or two in.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
thanks, april fools, you ruined the ratings

also damn, people leave unicorn but return for shippuden?!

Naruto was returning to canon and starting the Pain Arc, i.e. pretty much the only remaining "good" part of the series from here on out.

cntr

Banned
I have no idea how badly Pierrot messed with it, but the Pain arc was amazing and a lot of fun in the manga. I'd call it one of the best Naruto arcs, pre-Shippuden included, aside from the ending being lame. It was what the series should've been.

Good place to stop, too.

Unicorn's very easy to understand if you can get past the dialogue and reference dump, but I don't really like where it goes.

Also, fuck Banagher and Riddhe. I forgot how bad they were.
Just wait till
the time travel sequence at the end.
ToonamiGAF is going to love that shit.

No wonder why I don't recall that since I stopped watching Build Fighters Try after the first five eps. Now Ramba Ral on the other hand showed up a lot.

Mizerman

I have no idea how badly Pierrot messed with it, but the Pain arc was amazing and a lot of fun in the manga. I'd call it one of the best Naruto arcs, pre-Shippuden included, aside from the ending being lame. It was what the series should've been.

Good place to stop, too.

I agree.

Not to mention Revive Revival.

Also a guy named Lockon Stratos, who was a sniper. His parents were really prescient.

I think it's just a running joke at this point
I am legit conviced Athrun's alias for Seed Destiny should've been Cinco Labia. Gundam 00 as a whole is just a meme for dumb as fuck Gundam names. Anew Returner, Allelujah Haptism, Sergei motherfucking Smirnov, Kati Manequin...

cntr

Banned
hey, Sergei Smirnov is a normal name.

...even though they were probably thinking of the vodka when they named him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom