• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously though, I facepalm every time someone brings that episode up and tries to use it as an example of bad animation.

Well, you could tell that quality was sacrificed abit for faster and fluid fight animation.

But Naruto always does that. you could tell their was going to be allot of action in an episode when the quality dipped.

Moaradin

I think people are just now starting to understand that it's GOOD to go off model for the sake of animation. Just look at the most recent Pokemon season, Konosuba, or Mob Psycho. All tend to go off model quite frequently.

Morlas

Those names are nothing compared to the great Soda Popinski

m.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Seriously though, I facepalm every time someone brings that episode up and tries to use it as an example of bad animation.

It's not bad animation.
It's inappropriate animation. We've got a serious battle going and the animators decided "Let's go Looney Tunes"

cntr

Banned
The fact they named a Russian guy that is some G Gundam tier racism.
What're you talking about, JadedWriter? He's not Russian, he's from the Human Reform League.

yeah fair point but that's a different kind of stupid from normal gundam naming

What're you talking about, JadedWriter? He's not Russian, he's from the Human Reform League.

yeah fair point but that's a different kind of stupid from normal gundam naming
I think the HRL got their naming conventions from Russian terminology or at the very least sound Russian. I think certain places melded in 00, but their nationalities clearly stayed the same in my opinion.

cntr

Banned
I think the HRL got their naming conventions from Russian terminology or at the very least sound Russian. I think certain places melded in 00, but their nationalities clearly stayed the same in my opinion.
The AEU, HRL, and the Union were basically Europe, Russia/China, and America, yeah. Kind of interesting that Japan was part of the Union instead of the HRL, but they never really went in-depth on that. Guess they were fans of Code Geass?

Wish more series just let multiple countries exist instead of this weird superstate rubbish. Never really see it out of SF novels.

The AEU, HRL, and the Union were basically Europe, Russia/China, and America, yeah. Kind of interesting that Japan was part of the Union instead of the HRL, but they never really went in-depth on that. Guess they were fans of Code Geass?

Wish more series just let multiple countries exist instead of this weird superstate rubbish. Never really see it out of SF novels.
They were both probably done by the same teams since both shows turned to shit in their second seasons.

Exaggerated. The only real shows that are necessary are 0079 and Char's counterattack. So either 1 tv series and 1 movie l, or four movies if you go the 0079 trilogy route.

Everything else certainly helps but unicorn isn't 1/10th as confusion without that background as toonami makes it out to be.

It is, however, terrible at communicating information through dialogue which is the actual defining factor in what makes something confusing or not rather than how much continuity there is.

Which of course is a bit of a wrench in this whole "ToonamiGAF is a mean hivemind that's being intentionally ignorant" thing but them's the breaks.

Mizerman

I am legit conviced Athrun's alias for Seed Destiny should've been Cinco Labia. Gundam 00 as a whole is just a meme for dumb as fuck Gundam names. Anew Returner, Allelujah Haptism, Sergei motherfucking Smirnov, Kati Manequin...

For all we know, they probably thought about that before dropping it.

I think people are just now starting to understand that it's GOOD to go off model for the sake of animation. Just look at the most recent Pokemon season, Konosuba, or Mob Psycho. All tend to go off model quite frequently.

Honestly, if I fault that Naruto fight for anything it's really awkward fight choreography. But the animation itself definitely isn't so much the issue.

It's like when Naruto and Sasuke had the fight at the Valley of the End. The animation became less "aesthetically pleasing" but it was also the most smoothly animated fight of Part I.

Remember when Shippuden randomly had that filler episode with Asuma's funeral and proved it can be good in filler when it actually tries which just makes it even worse that it never tries for months on end

Good times

The Innovators all had magnificently stupid names.

Ribbons Almark
Bring Stabity
Devine Nova
Hiling Care
Revive Revival
Anew Returner
Regene Regetta
pff.gif

What the 00 writers did while naming their fucking characters. I don't even fucking remember Devine Nova. I haven't seen 00 since I bought it on DVD, which was during the time where Sunrise was pulling out of the NA DVD market.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

It's a cost saving thing. You can have good animation while staying on model, but not everyone wants to spend the money needed to do that. That's why you usually only see it for features, OAVs, and short, high-budget anime runs.

Xe4

Banned
It's not bad animation.
It's inappropriate animation. We've got a serious battle going and the animators decided "Let's go Looney Tunes"
Naw it's great. Not everything needs to be "typically animated" battles. Stylization in fights is great, and there needs to be more of it in shows.

Love Tyrant

So on the one hand, Love Tyrant is looking one of those series that can get really obnoxious with it's meta humor. The whole "look at us do the thing, isn't that funny" type of jokes.

On the other hand, I like how completely unhinged the characters are right off the back. And the kiss note is an admittedly funny way to justify the show having a harem.

On the other other hand, the show really needs to slow down and pace it's comedic timing better. It was so rapid fire that the characters were barely introduced before they hit the ground running.

I feel like I should watch a show with a name like Love Tyrant.

Though if I made it, it would be about a Tyrant from Resident Evil trying to find love.

Enemy_008.jpg

Regiruler

Love Tyrant

So on the one hand, Love Tyrant is looking one of those series that can get really obnoxious with it's meta humor. The whole "look at us do the thing, isn't that funny" type of jokes.

On the other hand, I like how completely unhinged the characters are right off the back. And the kiss note is an admittedly funny way to justify the show having a harem.

On the other other hand, the show really needs to slow down and pace it's comedic timing better. It was so rapid fire that the characters were barely introduced before they hit the ground running.

People threatening to go out with you is a problem I would like to have.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
people asking to go out with you period sure would be something i'd like to experience...

...hahahaha......*sigh*....someday.....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"hey, so what if we took the yandere from Future Diary, but somehow made her even more violent towards her love interest?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom