• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
fSk8wrE.gif

Children Who Chase Lost Voices - Yep, that was definitely a Discount-Miyazaki movie if I've ever seen one. I get the general them Shinkai was going for here; how to cope with and move past losing a loved one. Unfortunately he told it in the most convoluted way possible. Animation was beautiful though. At least it was better than Tales from Earthsea.

YourWaifuIsTrash.gif

The slash looks like it changed directions between cuts.

cntr

Banned
toonami podcast stuff: yeah, decapitation is specifically a big deal in Japan because of cultural things

like, the chainsaw guy in Resident Evil 4 cuts your head off in the English version, but not in the Japanese version

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Japan & UK: the human body? That's fine, long as you ain't doing stuff like decapitations or other similarly violent shit.

Also 4kids made it to Jaya, which is actually a decent amount of Chopper Doctoring.

Remember that they cut out stuff to try and rush the show to get to da Chopper hoping he'd be a hit merchandise wise. It...didn't work out so well.

Ah! I remember BigAl2k6's 4Kids rants, too

Regiruler

Children Who Chase Lost Voices - Yep, that was definitely a Discount-Miyazaki movie if I've ever seen one. I get the general them Shinkai was going for here; how to cope with and move past losing a loved one. Unfortunately he told it in the most convoluted way possible. Animation was beautiful though. At least it was better than Tales from Earthsea.
For what it's worth I really like the ending scene to this one.

cntr

Banned
You know, I just realized why the CIA guy in the last GitS episode was so shady:

He's literally an old racist cartoon stereotype of Asian people. The American Empire's CIA selected him because they assumed people in Asia really were like that, and so he played the part. Even his fake name, "Watanabe Tanaka", is the Japanese equivalent of naming someone "John Smith" or some other generic-ass name.

Line_HTX

Booo, the blu-rays were bad?

Has anyone seen Your Name in the theater this last weekend?

Thinking of going a second time to see it dubbed

I'm going tonight for the dub. From all the clips on Funimation Youtube, Steph Sheh does a pretty good job. Sounds more like a brightened 2nd half Eureka than Orihime.

Line_HTX

Oh, that was the problem?

Eh, I wish more BD's had dubtitles like TV closed captions. I like SAC's adapted script more because it flows better like a normal conversation.

cntr

Banned
Berserk probably makes a ton of money, but the people who read Berserk in Japan aren't the kind of people who watch anime

Line_HTX

Ordinal Scale probably made a ton of money at the box office in the US as well.

Toonami should air it at some point, it's actually better when there are hardly any stupid/offensive shit.

Shino should've actually been the main character of SAO2. Do that and ditch the rapist best friend and it would've made for a decent show. :p

a96.png
Why the hell did they call that idiot from SAO "The Black Swordsman" in a world where it's about 20 years after the debut of Berserk?
Sword art makes WAY more money to fund a project like this.
They barely even put a budget into any Berserk series though. They put money behind the movies, but all they did was redo the fucking Golden Age.

Why the hell did they call that idiot from SAO "The Black Swordsman" in a world where it's about 20 years after the debut of Berserk?

It was probably something that stuck from back when SAO was still a Web Novel.

They barely even put a budget into any Berserk series though. They put money behind the movies, but all they did was redo the fucking Golden Age.

At least we got to see Griffith doing nothing wrong, but in CG. :p

On the last episode of Samurai Jack, Jack becomes a dad and tries to escape that thing with from Gears of War 2.
And Aku with boobs.
Gonna have to catch the rest Toonami. Gonna be hard because Persona 5 came yesterday.

cntr

Banned
toonami showdown/toonamigaf podcast: oh, yeah, I forgot to mention this earlier.

Bright chilled out a ton in ZZ. That's why he didn't slap Banagher.

toonami showdown/toonamigaf podcast: oh, yeah, I forgot to mention this earlier.

Bright chilled out a ton in ZZ. That's why he didn't slap Banagher.
I honestly think Bright just stopped giving a fuck after watching all of his friends die in Zeta. Judau needed to get slapped along with Beecha and Mondo...those two needed to get ejected into the nothingness of space, but Bright really just didn't have it in him at that point.

Bright isn't too chill when he signs his own sons execution order
It's not like Hathaway didn't deserve it. Bright sent that blockhead half way across the ship when he smacked him.
fg7TkSS.gif

Chan shouldn't have even caught his ass knowing what happens to her later on. "Nope, you gonna hit the ground dumbass."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom