• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like Hathaway didn't deserve it. Bright sent that blockhead half way across the ship when he smacked him.
fg7TkSS.gif

Chan shouldn't have even caught his ass knowing what happens to her later on. "Nope, you gonna hit the ground dumbass."

That's a good gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Samurai Jack: 1,335
Super: ???
Kai: 1,012
Jojo: 783
Tokyo Ghoul: 820 (HOW DID IT MORE VIEWERS THAN JOJO??!?!?!?!)
HxH: ????
Unicorn: 576
Shippuden: ????

Moaradin

It's almost as if people don't want to watch Dragon Ball Super because it took too long to come out here or something.

Definitely happy about Jack, and although I don't know enough about Tokyo Ghoul, I'll echo the sentiment that JoJo should be doing better.

Huh? People are clearly watching Super. And that's with the 8:00 slot cannibalizing potential viewers for the 11:00 slot.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Super will still be in the millions, it's just the 8 p.m. slot that does lower in ratings & what was reported in the link, not sure why they didn't mention the 11:30 slot.

Seda

Super seems to consistently pull a .5 demo rating. I don't think that's, like, 'over-the-stratosphere' amazing but it is 'easily-beats-everything-else-on-Saturdays-except-sports' solid. Having the 8pm airing before there is a kinda weird oddity DB Super has, too.

Super will still be in the millions, it's just the 8 p.m. slot that does lower in ratings & what was reported in the link, not sure why they didn't mention the 11:30 slot.

Maybe confused by its preemption last week, the earlier airing, or that there's another Dragon Ball show.

Xe4

Banned
Samurai Jack: 1,335
Super: ???
Kai: 1,012
Jojo: 783
Tokyo Ghoul: 820 (HOW DID IT MORE VIEWERS THAN JOJO??!?!?!?!)
HxH: ????
Unicorn: 576
Shippuden: ????

As others have said, TG fits the Toonami demo to a T, definitely more so than JoJo. While Bizarre Adventure is the better show, there are a lot of teenagers and middle schoolers who watch Tokyo Ghoul and really like it. It's understandable, I was once that way (back in high school with AoT S1).

Also, I'm surprised about Super not doing better. It's usually right below Jack in terms of ratings.

Mizerman

In the case of Black Lagoon and Hellsing, it did not help that they were on the late night timeslot during their appearance. Low ratings was only inevitable on that front.

In the case of Black Lagoon and Hellsing, it did not help that they were on the late night timeslot during their appearance. Low ratings was only inevitable on that front.
Black Lagoon probably aired a couple of years too late. I probably watched it about six times before Toonami even aired it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
toonami fanbase: "we want darker, more mature shows!"

demarco: "k, here's black lagoon & hellsing ultimate"

fanbase: "noooooooooooo, not that kind of dark & mature"

demarco: "uh, akame ga kill & tokyo ghoul?"

fanbase: "yeaaaaaah, that's it"

But I guess it's like what I said during the 2nd episode, I can see why it's popular with the teenage demographic (i.e. junior & younger high schoolers) because it's their "gateway" into "darker" anime/manga, so they get this sense of "yeaaaaah, this is why anime/manga is better than those lame american cartoons, this has more violence & gore!"

Moaradin

BoG in the anime isn't that bad. It's serviceable. I heard not so great things about the RoF arc, but after that it's all pretty gravy. The current Super arc is the best Dragon Ball has been in a long time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think the real question is why bother recapping the movies in the first place, especially with how long they got dragged out & making some weird changes.

Imagine if we got Dragon Ball Mega, but Toei decided "hey, know what we should do for the first 30 episodes? Recap the Broly movies"

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
At least for the first two arcs, Toei decision to pad the movie confuse me

I don't care for it even beyond that. Just feels like it's aping what DBZ did but nowhere near is as good. I do like the slice of life stuff but when gift fighting starts I just check out

There's probably a reason why I play MGS 4 once every couple of years. I wait till I forget about the bullshit and then probably just check out mentally during the info dumps. That end credits fucking killed my ass though. All I remember are Mery's broad ass shoulders in that fucking wedding dress and it lasting over an hour.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Sounds like Dragon Ball GT.

I'd actually say is comparable. Toriyama was never a great long term story teller but a lot of DB Super just feels really slapdash, even the whole idea of a Super Saiyan god in the first place had my eyes rolling.

BoG in the anime isn't that bad. It's serviceable. I heard not so great things about the RoF arc, but after that it's all pretty gravy. The current Super arc is the best Dragon Ball has been in a long time.

I didn't help that Resurrection F the movie was already not as good as Battle of Gods. :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
still never played a mgs game despite the collection/re-releases. one of these days, maybe I'll change that.

Is the RF recap longer or shorter than the BoG one?

still never played a mgs game despite the collection/re-releases. one of these days, maybe I'll change that.

Is the RF recap longer or shorter than the BoG one?

Resurrection F is actually shorter funny enough. BoG has 12 episodes dedicated to it while RF is about 9-10. My issue with the latter though is how much it undermine it's own stakes and this is a problem rooted with the movie that this re-adaptation doesn't fix.

TheSun

Hopefully with Samurai Jack's success that'll encourage jerks to greenlight more action cartoons.

I doubt it, but it's fun to imagine.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hopefully with Samurai Jack's success that'll encourage jerks to greenlight more action cartoons.

I doubt it, but it's fun to imagine.

I wouldn't be shocked if DeMarco gave Genndy a bunch of cash and told him to give him his best after Jack, especially if he sticks the landing. The numbers Jack is putting up make it a smart business move on his part and it'd be amazing for us.

Genndy's talents have been wasted after Titan got canned for no reason until now, he should have been doing one show after another. Dude's trophy cabinet should be overflowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom