• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

toonami fanbase: "we want darker, more mature shows!"

demarco: "k, here's black lagoon & hellsing ultimate"

fanbase: "noooooooooooo, not that kind of dark & mature"

demarco: "uh, akame ga kill & tokyo ghoul?"

fanbase: "yeaaaaaah, that's it"

But I guess it's like what I said during the 2nd episode, I can see why it's popular with the teenage demographic (i.e. junior & younger high schoolers) because it's their "gateway" into "darker" anime/manga, so they get this sense of "yeaaaaah, this is why anime/manga is better than those lame american cartoons, this has more violence & gore!"

to be fair I would rather rewatch akame ga kill than hellsing ultimate (black lagoon is the best of all of those)

I was so excited for helling, but alas despite it trying to be awesome, I just found it rather boring.... so much flash... so little substance... and such an annoying main villain... just STFU @_@

I mean it's still a pretty good watch overall, but akame was more enjoyable due to the stupid :p

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
toonami fanbase: "we want darker, more mature shows!"

demarco: "k, here's black lagoon & hellsing ultimate"

fanbase: "noooooooooooo, not that kind of dark & mature"

demarco: "uh, akame ga kill & tokyo ghoul?"

fanbase: "yeaaaaaah, that's it"

But I guess it's like what I said during the 2nd episode, I can see why it's popular with the teenage demographic (i.e. junior & younger high schoolers) because it's their "gateway" into "darker" anime/manga, so they get this sense of "yeaaaaah, this is why anime/manga is better than those lame american cartoons, this has more violence & gore!"

The American anime fanbase generally like shows that have THE EDGE, not actually dark and mature shows. So when people say they want something mature, they mean THE EDGE because no one who wants a more mature show would actually use the word mature. Which is bullshit because it means we aren't going to get a lot of really good shows as a result.

The American anime fanbase generally like shows that have THE EDGE, not actually dark and mature shows. So when people say they want something mature, they mean THE EDGE because no one who wants a more mature show would actually use the word mature. Which is bullshit because it means we aren't going to get a lot of really good shows as a result.

Maybe that means Stardust Crusaders will be better received? It's the most popular part of franchise and
Jotaro
more or less kicstarted the whole "Edgy Protagonist" in Shonen. :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Part 3 will probably be better received since it was the only part of Jojo that was previously localized via Viz & Capcom, so it's the one most US fans were introduced to & probably had no idea there was parts before & after. Plus it has a more familiar "shonen" structure to it.

Crocodile

THE EDGE makes for a better group watch then mature dark series

Well if the aim is strictly what generates the most commentary I feel there's truth to this. Jack is often so good that nobody can take their eyes off the screen long enough to make a post. That wasn't a problem for AgK LOL. I'd still rather watch more shows like Jack with y'all than AgK though.

Maybe that means Stardust Crusaders will be better received? It's the most popular part of franchise and
Jotaro
more or less kicstarted the whole "Edgy Protagonist" in Shonen. :p

Jotaro isn't edgy though, he's stoic - sometimes to a fault. Though I will agree that his "cool, calm badass" vibe helped contribute to the popularity of Part 3.

Well if the aim is strictly what generates the most commentary I feel there's truth to this. Jack is often so good that nobody can take their eyes off the screen long enough to make a post. That wasn't a problem for AgK LOL. I'd still rather watch more shows like Jack with y'all than AgK though.

Jotaro isn't edgy though, he's stoic - sometimes to a fault. Though I will agree that his "cool, calm badass" vibe helped contribute to the popularity of Part 3.

He calls his mom a bitch for giving him a goodbye kiss lol

He's definitely not a try hard, but he definitely inspired a lot of copycats, for good and bad.

Part 3 will probably be better received since it was the only part of Jojo that was previously localized via Viz & Capcom, so it's the one most US fans were introduced to & probably had no idea there was parts before & after. Plus it has a more familiar "shonen" structure to it.
I have that odd feeling Part 3 will get better ratings than Part 4 and I'll bitch about it.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Jotaro never changes his outfit and even gets new one made by local tailors. I found that to be the funniest thing in Part 3 especially when others call him out on it.

Also helps that for the longest time, the Part 3 OVAs was only form of animation for JoJo.

Moaradin

full ratings

ratingsymo4e.png

Seda

I'd like to think most people in this thread are sane and are simply curious about ratings rather than obsessing over them.

Moaradin

I'd like to think most people in this thread are sane and are simply curious about ratings rather than obsessing over them.

Well, we haven't got to the point where we're saying JoJo is KILLING the block and they need to get rid of it at least.

The Toonami subreddit is a dumpster fire when it comes to this shit.

cntr

Banned
fair, haven't really seen anybody worried about the ratings in a while

The Toonami subreddit is a dumpster fire when it comes to this shit.
from what I can tell, even most of the people on the Toonami subreddit avoid their rating threads because they're so bad

Guys, I know it's gonna be hard.

But soon Sand Whale and Me will be over.

We'll just have to say goodbye to KFC.

KFC is the name of the female lead.

Regiruler

I honestly didn't hear roundabout in the leg guitar and I still don't. The very start isn't as iconic when distorted like that, maybe if it was the the faster portion of the melody I could recognize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom