• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the real question is why bother recapping the movies in the first place, especially with how long they got dragged out & making some weird changes.

Imagine if we got Dragon Ball Mega, but Toei decided "hey, know what we should do for the first 30 episodes? Recap the Broly movies"

From what I heard, part of it was Toei's way of getting the movie's back from 20th century fox, since they own part of the rights to them. also it was because they weren't ready with new material for Super and needed to buy time.

cntr

Banned
I think the real question is why bother recapping the movies in the first place, especially with how long they got dragged out & making some weird changes.

Imagine if we got Dragon Ball Mega, but Toei decided "hey, know what we should do for the first 30 episodes? Recap the Broly movies"
afaik Toei told its animators to start making Super about 2 months before it actually came out

so they simply didn't have time to write and storyboard new plots. it was a "production clusterfuck".

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
From what I heard, part of it was Toei's way of getting the movie's back from 20th century fox, since they own part of the rights to them. also it was because they weren't ready with new material for Super and needed to buy time.

Yup, pre-production is the most important part when it comes to animation, they didnt have any time for pre-production and it turned into a shit show of having newer animators rushed and constant outsourcing, I actually dont even think BoG arc is even that bad, its RoF that really suffered.

cntr

Banned
for what it's worth, I've heard that the next few episodes of "filler" between the BoG and RF recaps are pretty good

caliph95

Honestly it would have been better for Dub Super to just skip those arc but that just me being impatient and wanting the U6 arc
for what it's worth, I've heard that the next few episodes of "filler" between the BoG and RF recaps are pretty good
I heard too hopefully it is i just been using the dub as background noise

I think I'm finally gonna beat Breath of the Wild tomorrow.

I'm scared to.

I mean, what do I do afterwards?

I was lucky to be able to beat BotW on my spring break...

And, then, I got through NieR: Automata and I'm a good way through Persona 5. I still have Horizon and Nioh to get to eventually, far as other big releases I haven't gotten to yet. That's along with getting Last Guardian recently along with NieR and Horizon on a B2G1F deal at Target.

Xe4

Banned
Saw Tokyo Ghoul this morning, it was ok. Better than the first two at least. I still hate the MC and his whinyness/screaming and the purple hair chick tries too hard (much like this show). Animation was on point, the dub was good, and those two cop characters were cool, I guess (though again, them shoving in my face how cool they were made them a bit less so).

I honestly find it hard to feel bad for many ghouls, so I can't really see the cops as bad guys. When they have to show me a little girl ghoul to make me have any sympathy, you should probably try to make more likable characters.

I'd say this episode was a 7/10, vs a 6/10 for episode 1 and 4/10 for 2.

I have to catch up on HxH, GitS, and Unicorn (yawn). I have no interest in Naruto, much as I think there's some cool parts of this arc, I can't stand 90% of the VA's, particularly Naruto, so it's hard to catch my interest with that show.

Regiruler

Looked it up, Tsukiyama (the purple hair guy who showed up at the end of TG
and who will be very prominent in the next episode to say the least
) is voiced by J Michael Tatum.

Last role that appeared on Toonami was Loser in Dimension W, if I'm not mistaken. Also Dr. Gel.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I know everyone hear except Bass really likes One Punch Man Someone on Reddit partially animated the Suiryu Vs Saitama fight from the OPM manga and its pretty well done! Gives you a little taste of what to expect from Season 2 of the anime.

suiryu_vs_saitama__animation__by_pachydermreflections-db5hcvh.gif

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Is it a spoiler when its totally out of context and doesn't tell you anything? If so I'll remove it.

Maybe I should have just said disinterested man in wig and gi takes on martial artist?

cntr

Banned
Is it a spoiler when its totally out of context and doesn't tell you anything? If so I'll remove it.
we're joking, but well, fights are one of the main attractions to OPM, so embedding the animation instead of just linking it is kind of spoiler-ish, even if it's not a big deal.

Line_HTX

Finally watched Your Name in dub. Steph Sheh knocked it out of the ballpark.

And huge props to the band for re-recording all of the songs in the movie in English. I hope more people get to hear their songs.

This shit should've been on Toonami and NOT fucking trash like Children Who Chase Lost Voices.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How has nobody combined those two tropes yet? A...yan...tsun...re...

"It's not like I killed that girl because i liked you & didn't want any other girls taking you, baka"

Luckily you do

* 3,232 *
To be fair i'm new plus i spent my early months mostly lurking
I probably lurked this place for over a year before I joined. I can't imagine my post count if I had joined instantly. I'd probably get banned for shit posting, then again, I haven't been banned yet so who knows.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
wonder who has the most posts out of the thread regulars?
I want to say the top 5 are:

1.) Man God: 64,871 (but he's also the one who's been here the longest, since 2007)
2.) B-Dubs: 56,004
3.) Bass: 55,092
4.) Seda: 45,205
5.) foxuzamaki: 42,836

6.) Line: 42,144
7.) Raxus: 37,411
8.) Me: 36,386

caliph95

I want to say the top 5 are:

1.) Man God: 64,871 (but he's also the one who's been here the longest, since 2007)
2.) B-Dubs: 56,004
3.) Bass: 55,092
4.) Seda: 45,205
5.) foxuzamaki: 42,836

6.) Line: 42,144
7.) Raxus: 37,411
8.) Me: 36,386

Slayvern has 107,736 but he's been here since 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom