• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Bandai Namco US‏Verified account @BandaiNamcoUS 24m24 minutes ago

All great stories need strong heroes! We stand with all women on #InternationalWomensDay

C6a62IsU8AAvz5u.jpg

Heh, three of the characters though...

Line_HTX

Somebody made a comment on the "Ladies of Toonami" promo and prominently showed Asuna as a good example or something, I don't remember

Bandai Namco US‏Verified account @BandaiNamcoUS 24m24 minutes ago

All great stories need strong heroes! We stand with all women on #InternationalWomensDay

C6a62IsU8AAvz5u.jpg

Heh, three of the characters though...
I'll give them Sarada...but punching bag waifu Hinata and Sakura "I'll kill people for you Sasuke" Haruno? Git da fuq outta here.

Since people are already going in on Sakura and Hinata, I have to lol at Asuna being up there.

SAO likes to have it's cake and eat it too a little too much with its Leading Ladies.

cntr

Banned
Tenten's one of the main characters of Rock Lee and His Ninja Pals.

so things worked out just fine for her in the end

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My friend almost talked me into seeing the movie today, but we decided on seeing Your Name next month since we both knew we'd enjoy it considering we have to drive about 75 minutes each way.

....though it astounds me that he doesn't like SAO's dub, which is probably one of the only good things about the series since Aniplex puts out some rather good dubs. Guess that's what happens when you get too used to the subs of a show....

cntr

Banned
Also tbh, how many Jump battle shounens have female characters who're allowed to fight on the same level as the male characters? There's My Hero Academia, Hunter x Hunter, and Jojo (specifically, Part 6)...and I can't really think of anything else.

And even then, I can't say that unconditionally. MHA has a bit too much fanservice for me (though the author usually keeps it relatively tasteful), HxH doesn't have that many female characters, and thanks to editors, Araki couldn't do all he wanted with female characters until Part 6, which was seinen manga in a shounen magazine anyway. And it's probably not coincidence that two of those series are from heavily Western-influenced authors.

It's dumb.

Most battle shounens have female characters that fight, but most battle shounens are led by male characters, and you're unlikely to see anyone in a battle shounen stronger than the protag barring a tournament. Then you combine that with not so great gender roles and voila.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Also tbh, how many Jump battle shounens have female characters who're allowed to fight on the same level as the male characters? There's My Hero Academia, Hunter x Hunter, and Jojo (specifically, Part 6)...and I can't really think of anything else.
Medaka Box? Dr. Slump? Maybe Sket Dance??

........Shokugeki no Soma???

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FINE, KEKKO KAMEN.

.......YES, that was a Jump series.....granted, monthly Jump, but that maybe sorta kind of possibly could count.

...also maybe Claymore.

FINE, KEKKO KAMEN.

.......YES, that was a Jump series.....granted, monthly Jump, but that maybe sorta kind of possibly could count.

...also maybe Claymore.
I have seen it three times and own it on blu ray, yet I forgot to include that. I guess I just assumed it didn't run in WSJ. Miria is bae.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom