• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

I am the victim of an inexplicable switcheroo.

I brought my contingency copy of Zelda that I got from walmart for a refund, and I found at the CS counter that I had the wrong receipt: it was the receipt for the groceries I made during the shame shopping trip, even though I swear I never touched anything inside the bag of just Zelda and it's receipt.

I now can't find the receipt in my room and I am losing my fucking mind.

I am the victim of an inexplicable switcheroo.

I brought my contingency copy of Zelda that I got from walmart for a refund, and I found at the CS counter that I had the wrong receipt: it was the receipt for the groceries I made during the shame shopping trip, even though I swear I never touched anything inside the bag of just Zelda and it's receipt.

I now can't find the receipt in my room and I am losing my fucking mind.

No chance it isn't in the pockets of the pants or coat you were wearing at the time, or your wallet?

source.gif

Nailed it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Things that technically pass the bechdel test:

- K-on
- Valkyrie Drive (the game & the anime)
- Queen's blade?
- dead or alive xtreme 2 & maybe 3
- Onechanbara
- i bet Bullet Girls on Vita

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What is this test and how does it work? I never bothered asking for a long time, lol
The test is passed if the following 3 items are true:

- there is more than one woman
- they talked to each other at least once
- they talked about something not relating to a man

So ya know, Black Lagoon fails, but Valkyrie Drive, the series about weaponized women powered by pleasure, technically passes.

cntr

Banned
For what it's worth, it wasn't invented to literally be a test, but to instead just point out how weird it is that so many things don't "pass".

But people take it as an actual test, and you know.

So ya know, Black Lagoon fails, but Valkyrie Drive, the series about weaponized women powered by pleasure, technically passes.
I remember talking about that kind of thing back when Pacific Rim came out. Good times.

giphy.gif

Rip and tear Jack.

Fuuka 10
download.png

The look of a person who is about to fuck up a good thing for NO RAISEN!

So Fuuka is suddenly jealous that Koyuki got her incredibly vaguely defined man, despite you know, rooting for her in previous episodes. Something she even admits to.
download_1.png

You didn't really try so much as you told her straight to her face to JUST GO FOR IT!

So apparently a lot of this episode was non-cannon, which is kind of humorous in that it's probably the closest the show has come to showing genuine romantic attraction. Yu and Koyuki's relationship may be really stupid, but at least it's built on something. Mainly childhood trauma to be honest. (Hell it's really the only relationship. Fuuka and Yu have nothing. They went on one date.) There really isn't much to say about this episode. It's the gang getting ready for another gig, and Fuuka being uncomfortable that her idol friend got her childhood love to blossom.

What a hero.

Cornbread78

The test is passed if the following 3 items are true:

- there is more than one woman
- they talked to each other at least once
- they talked about something not relating to a man

So, only yuri shit qualifies?

ckohler

Episode 47 "Asteroid Mole People"
This week Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler, and Imperial Bishop discuss Samurai Jack hype, the Sand Whale and Me promo, DeviantArt Goku, child battles, German science, Banagher's tears, Chrollo Lucilfer, GiruGiruGiru, and the Major's sexy-time.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode047.mp3

Timecodes:
0:00:50 News
0:06:36 DBSuper
0:15:28 DBZ Kai
0:21:14 Jojo
0:27:27 Gundam
0:30:20 HxH
0:38:39 Shippuden
0:40:11 One Piece
0:46:39 GITS
0:50:00 Sign Offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

Everyone should avoid looking at any news articles about the Monster Hunter XX / Hunter x Hunter collaboration.
There are MAJOR spoilers in the scan that are way ahead of where Toonami is at.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Everyone should avoid looking at any news articles about the Monster Hunter XX / Hunter x Hunter collaboration.
There are MAJOR spoilers in the scan that are way ahead of where Toonami is at.

There is a collaboration between those two properties? Is it a game?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Monster X Hunter X Hunter does have a nice ring to it. Honestly considering some of the "magical creatures" that inhabit the HxH world it wouldn't be much of a stretch to see Gon punching a hole through a Devil Joh.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Monster Hunter x Hunter XX

Also, I don't get how it's a spoiler but because you guys said it was a spoiler, now I'm spoiled by the fact you guys spoiled the spoiler.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Caught up with Samurai Jack. I am so ready for Saturday.

Kind of weird that the final episode for 13 years was a comedy episode where Jack watches a baby. I guess season finales were never a big deal though. Season 1 ended with Aku telling propaganda fairy tales, Season 2 with Jack losing his sandals and trying different shoes, and Season 3 with Jack going through a labyrinth with Daisuke Jigen.

But man, Samurai Jack holds up so well. It was a sin Cartoon Network cancelled it. But it's back, and things will finally conclude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom