• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
Not when cowboy bebop is around..unless you just mean in terms of animation then i'd have to give it to Akira.

I still think Space Dandy had the edge that year.

HYoHN0N.gif

*insert joke about generic question asked by the average toonami viewer here*

"Can we get subbed anime? If there's one thing I know the Adult Swim viewing audience has the attention span for it's reading subtitles on every show for 4 hours straight."

And also

"This English Dub of Samurai Jack sucks."

Don't have too high an opinion of generic internet anime fans I guess...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The problem with SAO is that it's actually too good.

This might be a legitimate criticism of Breath of the Wild by the way. It makes my backlog look so mundane.

I might honestly find everything I possibly can in the game, pay another sixty bucks and do it again on the Wii U. There's a chance I spend most of the rest of the year playing this game.

Regiruler

"Can we get subbed anime? If there's one thing I know the Adult Swim viewing audience has the attention span for it's reading subtitles on every show for 4 hours straight."

And also

"This English Dub of Samurai Jack sucks."

Don't have too high an opinion of generic internet anime fans I guess...
Technically the native language is considered dubbing too, so that's theoretically an opinion.

Doesn't make it a good one.

Speaking of great shows, more Fuuka tomorrow!

B-Dubs! We can see if the show continues down the stupid non-canon path or the really stupid canon path!

This might be a legitimate criticism of Breath of the Wild by the way. It makes my backlog look so mundane.

I might honestly find everything I possibly can in the game, pay another sixty bucks and do it again on the Wii U. There's a chance I spend most of the rest of the year playing this game.

I'm addicted to the game a lot, but I don't know if I'd go the route you're going with getting the game again on Wii U and playing through it again. It doesn't help there are still games I'd want to play (Nier: Automata, Horizon, Persona 5, Fire Emblem Echoes, Mario Odyssey, etc) a lot when they come out. Stuff in my backlog I really want to finish up as well. I wouldn't be surprised if I come back to BotW throughout the year, but I don't want to miss out on any games this year that I'll really enjoy.

Raxus

Going to take advantage of the B2G1Free sale tomorrow. Nier, Horizon and one other game. Thinking Yakuza 0, TLG, or some other game I have been sitting on to buy.

Regiruler

I've heard legendary things about some other parts of Twilight Princess so I can see why it got such good scores back in the day.

HD is gorgeous in some places (reminds me of the Wii U demo in places), ass elsewhere.

Raxus

I've heard legendary things about some other parts of Twilight Princess so I can see why it got such good scores back in the day.

HD is gorgeous in some places (reminds me of the Wii U demo in places), ass elsewhere.

Art direction goes a long ass way in making up for lack of power graphically. It can make a low powered game look great (Overwatch, WoW and lots of Nintendo games) and can make some games with great graphics look awful (Brown and dirty military shooters)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nier: Automata is incredible btw. Only like 10 hours in so far and I'm loving every second of it.
Seriously. Just started today as well & as someone who has played 90% of Drakengard 3 (including all its DLC) a little bit of the original Nier, it's astounding how much of an upgrade the gameplay & performance is with Platinum helping out.

Plz collab with Taro Yoko again, Platinum. It makes the perfect blend of story & gameplay.

Edit: we got a giant Ghost in the Shell display poster thing & my first though was "why did they photoshop Johanson's head on Zero Suit Samus?"

Morlas

I'll probably pick up nier when it comes out on steam, i'm making pretty good progress on zelda, and i'm not much of a completionist so i'll probably finish this weekend and save completing it better for after i'm done with my coding bootcamp.

cntr

Banned
podcast: you know how Esidisi did that "crying jag" to relax after getting mad

Kars' laugh is his version of that

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So will we find out what Whammu's version of the cry & laugh is?

Also, that laugh made it as a taunt on All-star Battle. Thanks, Namco.

cntr

Banned
I wish we got to see Wamuu's version...though now that I think about it, there's a good reason he doesn't have one, hmm.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There's so many moments left that I would love to return on the podcast to discuss, but I should narrow it down to one. Or maybe just come back to discuss Part 2 in general once it finishes.

Also so glad this OP filler is only 2 episodes long. Helps that in all honestly, outside of the pointless Foxy return (which barely lasted 5 minutes, but least to a funny "THEY HAVE A TALKING SKELETON, RUN AWAY" reaction), it's been kind of fun, a nice little "break" from such a long arc.

Nier: Automata is incredible btw. Only like 10 hours in so far and I'm loving every second of it.

Seriously. Just started today as well & as someone who has played 90% of Drakengard 3 (including all its DLC) a little bit of the original Nier, it's astounding how much of an upgrade the gameplay & performance is with Platinum helping out.

Plz collab with Taro Yoko again, Platinum. It makes the perfect blend of story & gameplay.

Edit: we got a giant Ghost in the Shell display poster thing & my first though was "why did they photoshop Johanson's head on Zero Suit Samus?"

You guys are making me not being able to wait for my copy since I got it mailed by Target for that B2G1 Free Sale (Horizon, Last Guardian and Nier). It helps that I've enjoyed Platinum Games, but I've never played a Yoko Taro game. I've heard stories of what his games are like though (Mostly the first Nier).

I might played a bit of it in between Zelda sessions.

Regiruler

Basically the big twist people wanted to get a reaction out of doesn't happen.

I have no intention on reading/watching it, someone please say what the twist is.

EDIT: I am ashamed for asking one more time, but I want to catch as much as I can by tomorrow, so answering this will help.
Can someone tell me what episode http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams/samurai-jack is on? I know it's episodic, but I really don't want to watch out of order.

I have no intention on reading/watching it, someone please say what the twist is.

I ended up checking out of the manga since people were being so coy about it and

the main girl, Fuuka, was supposed to be hit by a truck and die not long after hooking up with the main character.

cntr

Banned
We don't know yet if the twist didn't happen, so if you're watching Fuuka, don't spoil yourself just yet.

Edit: Nevermind!

Sorry, B-Dubs!

Chase17

I'm not going to look at what was supposed to happen yet in Fuuka. There are still 2 episodes for some sort of nonsense to happen
or at least I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom