• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So if my math is correct & there's no marathons:

Tokyo Ghoul S1 end date: June 10th
S2 end date (factoring in the July 4th marathon): Sept. 9th or 16th (trying to remember if Labor Day weekend has a marathon, which I don't recall it does?)

Memorial Day is basically a guaranteed marathon.

Moaradin

Yeah, One Piece probably just wasn't worth renewing. It's such a damn shame. Going out on a filler arc right before one of the best arcs in the series -_-

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They only said Tokyo Ghoul was replacing One Piece, which for 2:30, feels very late.

I can only guess maybe Jojo or HxH gets bumped down a slot

& so One Piece ends not with a triumph over a giant, story changing battle, but a whimper with filler......

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They only said Tokyo Ghoul was replacing One Piece, which for 2:30, feels very late.

I can only guess maybe Jojo or HxH gets bumped down a slot

& so One Piece ends not with a triumph over a giant, story changing battle, but a whimper with filler......

It's kind of a good send off. You'll see.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, they're showing the Month of Miyazaki promo from 2006.

That sure was a blast from the past.

Also, DeMarco said "We will announce a new schedule soon-ish." when asked if Tokyo Ghoul would take the 2:30 slot. Sounds like there'll be some shuffling around.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Ratings, cost, other factors I can't share" are why One Piece is leaving. But they'll be making a goodbye video.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't know why DeMarco hinted at this being "fun" news.

...though granted, I think he said a few months ago Tokyo Ghoul was the 2nd most requested show, & it got 24% of votes from that Twitter poll (MP100 got 43% with Lupin having 20%).

.........so this means Mob Psycho 100 will be this year as well, right? RIGHT?!

Wonder if Naruto is next but I feel like they wouldn't cut Naruto.

Tbh I'm not too mad. The One Piece anime drags and it'll be nice to have a rotating show instead of feeling like we're making no progress through a middling adaptation.

Grexeno

I don't know why DeMarco hinted at this being "fun" news.

...though granted, I think he said a few months ago Tokyo Ghoul was the 2nd most requested show, & it got 24% of votes from that Twitter poll (MP100 got 43% with Lupin having 20%).

.........so this means Mob Psycho 100 will be this year as well, right? RIGHT?!
Still betting pretty hard on MP100 being the creme filling between JoJo seasons.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
On the plus side for me, a huge One Piece and TOONAMI fan, is that there is yet another show on the block I haven't seen.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now they're showing the 2012 April Fools promo.

Kind of bummed I discovered this was airing about halfway through, but it was so neat seeing stuff like Trigun & Outlaw Star.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I feel we have to accept the ratings reality.

It tied the demo with Naruto most weeks. I think it might have a bit more to do with the number of long runners and wanting to free a spot up, and it just happened to be low man on the totem pole. Which sucks donkey balls.

As someone who has seen both seasons of Tokyo Ghoul...I remember thinking the first season was...okay-ish. Not a good adaptation at all, but watchable.

That second season just straight up isn't good tho. It's simply not entertaining or well put together.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I kind of hope Unicorn & Shippuden are next to each other so I can convince myself to take an hour break off instead of just skipping Shippuden.

Line-up promo from last week is showing..................which feels pointless knowing in 2 weeks, they gotta make ANOTHER one.

One Piece's struggle to catch on in the states has more factors involved than just the 4kids dub.

Don't get me wrong, 4Kids neutering it didn't help, but One Piece still:

Looks pretty goofy
Has a slow start
Is a slow show in general (thanks toei)
Is long
Has no video games

Regiruler

Wait, that was the good news?

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

and demarco said the ratings were fine

I only really comprehended the "Tokyo Ghoul coming to toonami" part of the thread in off topic, and was coming here to see the meltdowns, all the while thinking "I wonder what it will be replacing, I didn't know there was a show ending soon".

I didn't think they were replacing one piece.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One Piece's struggle to catch on in the states has more factors involved than just the 4kids dub.

Looks pretty goofy
Has a slow start
Is long
Has no video games

It does look goofy.
It's not too slow to begin....not too fast either.
It is long.
Only thing I disagree with is it has plenty of video games.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

Looks pretty goofy
Has a slow start
Is long
Has no video games
We got all the Pirate Warriors games, some back in the PS2/GCN/Wii era, & Burning Blood which was just last year. Granted, not as many as DBZ & the OP games never got dubs, but still.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
At least dubbed One Piece is easy to track down.

I'm kinda interested in seeing the next arc of Naruto Shit pudding animated for the first time and getting the dub would involve paying real ass money.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now they're showing the OP farewell video.

Such a bummer after all the talk of "omg this next arc is gonna be awesome"

also ALL THESE UNANSWERED QUESTIONS & PLOT DUMPS WILL NEVER BE ANSWERED NOW

Regiruler

You know, I would have appreciated if they did this earlier so that stand alone complex could be ahead of tokyo ghoul from episode 1 of SAC.

Grexeno

Now they're showing the OP farewell video.

Such a bummer after all the talk of "omg this next arc is gonna be awesome"

also ALL THESE UNANSWERED QUESTIONS & PLOT DUMPS WILL NEVER BE ANSWERED NOW
Guess you'll have to read the manga or watch on streaming services.

You MUST watch the next arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom