• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You know the whole "I have a new big brother when my mom/dad got remarried" is a stupid in anime its 10x stupid in live action. You aren't related by blood, its not incest, get over it.

And yes I understand that often times they do the "not really bro/sis or related" to get past censorship, but still that should happen when the characters are very young so they still grow up together. The trailer makes them look like their parents got married when they were in their teens. The guy might as well date a random girl from school who likes to roleplay as a sibling cause thats basically what this is.
"My Stepsister Can't Be This Unrelated!"

daveo42

Banned
l0sF3Em.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now if Japan could make one, we'd be set & could go on a road train trip.

Edit: Undersea tunnel? Hmmm, part of me fears what would happen if it broke down & was stuck in the tunnel. Guess it'd be better if a plane broke down. One of those ideas I like, but a TON of stuff would need to be taken care of to make sure it's safe.

I've never actually flown in an airplane, but the thought of barreling through the sky in a giant metal bird terrifies me. Going hundreds of feet below water in a giant metal snake isn't any better.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I haven't flown since since...March and only fly... 1-3 times a year
Last I was in a plane was in 2011 when Capcom gave me an all-expense paid trip to Miami.

& this talk of live-action animes reminds me there was a few live-action Death Note films that actually got dubbed. How were those? I can't imagine those coming to Toonami due to...well, not being cartoons for one, but not having enough actual action in it.

Most of my annoyance/anxiety about flying comes from things that aren't the flying itself. There's security and TSA, there's getting to the airport on time, there's the anxiety of deciding if I can get food and eat before the flight starts boarding or not (same with going to the bathroom), there's the actual boarding that is organized in a way inefficient , there's layovers and delays (or catching really close connecting flights), there's getting sick due to exposure to lots and lots of people , there's making sure I neither forget anything nor have them stolen. Those are far more annoying or anxiety inducing for me than flying since i can just sleep and listen to music at that point.

daveo42

Banned
Yeah, the flying portion isn't all that bad, but all the stuff before and after is usually a massive chore that you have to muscle through. The only time the flying portion is really bad if you get stuck near annoying people/kids and or those who have issues being contained in their own seats.

I've had a few pleasurable flying experiences and decent conversation, but those seem like rare occurrences. I usually just stick to my Vita/3DS/music.

Oh man I didnt even mention *after* flying. I typically travel internationally which means it's usually the lovely combo of anxiety that customs is gonna assume these expensive things I had forever are new and charge me for them, fear my bags will be lost or arrive late, having to wait for someone to pick me up, people being really naive and irritating while trying to get off the plane (why the hell are you standing up when the door isn't even open yet), etc etc.

daveo42

Banned
I've never flown internationally. Hell, I've never left North America (been to Canada once and we drove). I'm planning on making a trip to Japan in the next year to visit a friend that's teaching over there.

I've never flown internationally. Hell, I've never left North America (been to Canada once and we drove). I'm planning on making a trip to Japan in the next year to visit a friend that's teaching over there.

Are they working for JET or AEON? I thought about applying to teach abroad, still might do it while I'm young...

daveo42

Banned
Are they working for JET or AEON? I thought about applying to teach abroad, still might do it while I'm young...

I'd have to ask, but I know it's not through JET. It might have been through some other program all together, but the teaching job he did have and got another one much closer to some of the people he stayed with during college.

I've heard JET can be pretty hard to get into. I wouldn't mind teaching abroad either and have thought about it before.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Japan was definitely the longest plane ride I've experienced. Solid 14 hours in the air if I remember right.

Coming back home was kind of a trip, though, since I ended up arriving about 30 minutes before I took off (i.e. depart Narita at 3:30 on Wednesday, arrive in New York at 3:00 on Wednesday). It's kind of a strange feeling, though really it's just balancing out the day you lost flying there in the first place.

Seda

Only place I've been to outside of the U.S. (and Canada where I spent maybe and hour tiptoeing the border) is Australia. That was nearly ten years ago now.

It was a memorable experience, kinda want to go back now that I'm older.

LOLDSFAN

Speaking of planes, I'll be going to Hawaii to visit my sister next week.

So i'll probably miss Toonami next Saturday.

Outside of the United States, I've been to Mexico.

My out-of-country experiences are all cruises: Mexico, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and the like.

Love to do overseas, but I really should try planning for it instead of thinking "Well, how about now? Nope, don't have the money!"

daveo42

Banned
Planning is the hardest part for me. I was planning on getting to Japan this year, but I was expecting to have a better paying job months ago and I haven't been saving money or vacation time, so I screwed the pooch in both aspects.

Speaking of jobs, I got an interview today and am super nervous. I hate job interviews, even when they usually go pretty well.

My biggest travel desires right now is to :
Roadtrip America
Travel across Europe
Visit Japan (I'd travel most of Asia actually I guess if I had the time , money)

Planning is the hardest part for me. I was planning on getting to Japan this year, but I was expecting to have a better paying job months ago and I haven't been saving money or vacation time, so I screwed the pooch in both aspects.

Speaking of jobs, I got an interview today and am super nervous. I hate job interviews, even when they usually go pretty well.

Good luck on that interview today, I'm sure you'll do great

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Places I've been to outside of the US:

Bahamas
Canada
England
Italy
Japan
Mexico
Belize
Honduras
Cayman Islands

I think that's it.

here's a theory i've seen floating around: due to the lack of writing credits, Aaron McGruder wrote the past two episodes of this Boondocks season. would be hilarious if true given some of the complaints i've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom