• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenumi

Banned
Sounds like we're also going be getting the full AOT open from now on. Shame that there had to be such an outcry over the most minor of things last week, but such people should be happier this week.

Raxus

Next week seems like a slow week all around minus Black Lagoon and AoT.

This week's One Piece episode is the last 'slow one' before we hit full speed.

Man I could do for some wings, but like only if they are hella good.

I just got some crappy Quaker Steak wings since it's close but they hit the spot. I would say hot wings and french fries are my favorite meal, there's nothing quite like that, especially with a cold glass of beer.

Gorillaz

Going to be gone this weekend since it's mother's day and half of my family loves to live in the middle of nowhere in a small country town in Michigan so connection is fucked (grandma still doesn't have internet yet.....it really hurts)

Regarding the big 2 AoT and Lagoon, if some people rolled their eyes on the melodramatic tone of the pilot then they might not like this one that much as well, since it's part 2 of what happened in the pilot.

Lagoon wise....a fun action packed (and memorable), arc coming up. So that will be nice.

Oh right mother's day, also also my graduation is this Saturday and unsure where even I will be on Saturday at 11:30pm . Oh well I guess.

I've been thinking of doing something more with my life. Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I have been seriously considering applying to become a firefighter or police officer. On one hand, college would've been a total waste of money ($50K+ wasted) but I do love helping people and want a career that's actually rewarding. Right now I work in insurance and while it pays well, doesn't really fulfill me as a person.

IDK, sorry for rambling here. I guess graduating with a masters here soon has me questioning my life decisions.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Gucci, I had no idea you lived in Ohio.

Oh god...this game...

I've actually heard that the fighting mechanics aren't that bad and progression is pretty good. I'll wait on some level-headed reviews of the game. LE looks pretty good and surprising that it's coming west.

Edit: Don't forget to WAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!
uguu~~

I've not played much of Versus and my Japanese is garbage anyways but I've played a ton (51 hours and 3 minutes, holy crap) of Senran Kagura Burst. It's both a booby exploitation beat em up and a surprisingly deep story. Shockingly well written and thought provoking intermixed with a lot of breast jokes and anime tropes. It does the reality of going to ninja school storyline more justice than Naruto...which might not be saying much but is still more than I ever expected from a game that I got on a lark like this.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finished my finals this week as well (pre-calc, network storage, & java programming). Now I gotta study for information systems since I'm taking a certification exam next week that costs $75 (normally $200 w/o a code from the prof) that'll earn me an automatic A & something nice on my resume.

Know I passed programming, no idea on pre-calc (did crap on previous 2 exams but got 100%s on online portion, but no idea if they count towards my final grade), & gonna have to retake network storage since I think I just couldn't focus as well as I could have balancing 3 other classes & it was hard to absorb the info when it's 90% powerpoint.

Hoping to graduate next year-ish (turned junior this year). & now that the semester is done, I can focus on exercising/dieting again and finally get around to summoning the courage for online dating.

I feel while not completely related to what I want to do my current degree does help me at least attempt to work towards my desire to help others particularly those like me who are a number of minorities or oppressed classes. I feel furthering my education will better help me do that later on but first I obviously have to get all my other ducks in line, such as saving money to move and become financially secure.

P.S I'm pretty sure one can volunteer as a firefighter and still have another profession , I'd suggest that. Also other volunteer work would be well.

I do some volunteer work at a local food pantry here in the city once a week. I should look into the volunteer firefighting thing and see if it's the right move for me. I'm just terrified I'll end up in a career I hate.

daveo42

Banned
I graduated last year around this time after dropping out in 2005 and still have yet to get into the industry I wanted. It may have even been a waste of time because I lack the experience to get a decent paying job in the industry. I'm around 35k in debt with a Communication degree to show for it, while I could have had a management job at my current company 2 years ago without one.

Not that I think a degree is a waste, but maybe my dreams were a bit too big for what I'm currently able to do. I could definitely do more, I just need someone or something to motivate me. Not really the best thing...I've become too complacent in my current situation.

Congrats to those graduating soon. I'm sure you guys will do fine in whatever you end up doing after school.

I also apologize for my ramblings here. Just an old man thinking about his past decisions that he can't change.

I've not played much of Versus and my Japanese is garbage anyways but I've played a ton (51 hours and 3 minutes, holy crap) of Senran Kagura Burst. It's both a booby exploitation beat em up and a surprisingly deep story. Shockingly well written and thought provoking intermixed with a lot of breast jokes and anime tropes. It does the reality of going to ninja school storyline more justice than Naruto...which might not be saying much but is still more than I ever expected from a game that I got on a lark like this.

Thanks for the insight. I don't mind the crazy fan service, but that alone wouldn't have been worth it for me. Glad to hear there's more to it than that and now I might pick it up.

Edit: Reading back over my post, I'll admit I was a bit bleak. I guess my point is stay motivated and follow through with whatever you do. The job market is still rough, but you'll do fine. And try to avoid all the mistakes I've already made.

That's particularly understandable especially as one comes close to their final years in undergrad with student loans and the such. I've learnt it's best not to overthink the future or exceedingly regret the past.

Gorillaz

Congrats to those graduating or soon to be graduating. I myself, graduated in December and have 2 part time jobs right now until I get something in my field. It's not as bad as it sounds since the hours are easily flexible.

Keep yall head up tho tho those coming out this year whether it be Spring or in the Fall. The job hunt is definitely rough but stay positive

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm hoping to qualify for work study at the college/get hired there so I can have a job that feels like it's actually contributing to what I'd like to actually do once I graduate (information technologies or computer science). If I do, have money I earn from that be saving up/"safety net" money, then the online work I already do for gas & such be money for games & such.

Levyne

Banned
h9BucIx.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Deadman Wonderland Episode 6

Yoyo is basically Nami if Nojiko was a psycho, arlong was her real dad and her real mom was a total bitch.

09:08 Bitch.
13:00 Dumbass.
13:05 Not a swear but "why don't you jackoff in a bottle of formaldehyde and call it our first born?" is a classic.
13:10 Bitch.
16:41 Dumb Fuck.
16:50 Shit.
16:55 Bullshit.
17:30 Fucking.
17:36 Bullshit.
17:38 Motherfucking.
17:39 Assholes.
17:48 Cunt.
18:00 Piece of Shit.
18:27 Bitch.
18:47 Bullshit.
18:48 Asshole.
18:50 Bullshit.
18:54 Dumb Fuck.
19:40 Not a swear but "filthy cock gnawing whore of a mom" is also decent.
20:15 Cunt.
20:17 Fucking.
20:22 Shit.
22:00 Bastard.

EDIT: Funimation probably went a bit bleep heavy with some of the non swear things hummingbird said. Honestly you probably get as much swearing from your average Boondocks and this is tame compared to some episodes of Black Lagoon.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Deadman Wonderland Episode 6

EDIT: Funimation probably went a bit bleep heavy with some of the non swear things hummingbird said. Honestly you probably get as much swearing from your average Boondocks and this is tame compared to some episodes of Black Lagoon.

It was on at 12:30 (11:30 CST) not 2:00 (1:00 CST), and they probably didn't know what they could get away with.

Though the "bottle of formaldehyde" line was uncensored.

09:08 Bitch.
13:00 Dumbass.
13:05 Not a swear but "why don't you jackoff in a bottle of formaldehyde and call it our first born?" is a classic.
13:10 Bitch.
16:41 Dumb Fuck.
16:50 Shit.
16:55 Bullshit.
17:30 Fucking.
17:36 Bullshit.
17:38 Motherfucking.
17:39 Assholes.
17:48 Cunt.
18:00 Piece of Shit.
18:27 Bitch.
18:47 Bullshit.
18:48 Asshole.
18:50 Bullshit.
18:54 Dumb Fuck.
19:40 Not a swear but "filthy cock gnawing whore of a mom" is also decent.
20:15 Cunt.
20:17 Fucking.
20:22 Shit.
22:00 Bastard.

ysuP6ch.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Deadman Wonderland Episode 7

So there's a Vince McMahon Senior! Seems JR hates his daddy almost as much as the real Vince. Also hey, we used to know each other so I'm totally going to forget the girl I grew up with at the Resident Evil manor especially after she broke the T-Virus Dog's back.

04:03 Asshole.
05:02 Fucking.
06:51 Fucking Legit.
07:23 Badass.
12:28 Fuck.
12:35 Ass.
14:55 Bullshit.
15:05 Fuck.
19:37 Cuntface.
19:50 Dumbass.
19:53 Shit.
19:54 Fuck.
20:48 Dumbass.
21:24 Ass.
21:59 Ass.

Seda

This was ~22 months ago

He we go.

ohboyohyboyohboyohboyohboy

MUST NOT POST ANYTHING.

Damn man, he gotta beat his new piece of ass.

Edit: Yo wait wtf?

OH WOW!

Didn't see that coming.

What in the fuck.

WELCOME EVERYONE TO CARNIVAL CORPSE, WE GOT A REAL SLOBBER KNOCKER BETWEEN WOODPECKER AND HUMMINGBIRD!!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookay

What in the actual fuck

I was prepared and yet I wasn't.

KILLER KUNG FU WOLF GIRL

Oh God what is happening?

What the shit !

Yep that bitch makes Shino look sane.

Wooooooooaaaaah what the hell happened to her?

BITCHES BE CRAAAAAAZY

what the fucking fuck.

BWAHAHAHAHHA! White knighting backfire!!!!!

what a bitch!

CRUSH HER, GANTA!

I really love this show.

Ok fuck this bitch up yo.

She's a freak.

INFINITE CLIMAX MODE

GODDAMN

Gaf reactions are the best.

Horny bitch!

Deflower her Ganta.

She's crazy

Oh well. She cray.

Dammmmmn this bitch is cray

OH FUCK

DY DO YOU SEE THIS

DIS BITCH CRAY

Oh my god this dialogue just gets more amazing each episode. WHAT A TWIST

WHAT. WHAT. WHAT.

It's Yo's sister? WHAT.

Oh god, this really is the WWE now.

WHERE ARE THE BLEEPS

I MISS THE BLEEPS

Quit beating up the dude's sister.

YAY BLEEP!

The reactions are glorious.

Yo sister crazy, Yo

Finally, a good BLEEP.

I thought this too, lol.

BLEEEP! Ahhh the bleeps.

Omg....what is going on with her?

He brings the bleeps and the bangs

So worth it.

holy shit

Holy shit.

You gotta LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE crazy chicks!

Because if there's anything that DMW is wary of, it's gratuitous violence.

This fucking show.

This episode is fucking awesome. lawl

This bitch...

This girl is awesome...I think?

DIS MANIPULATIVE BITCH IS CRAY

Holy fuck

Wow..............thats messed up.

The bleeps! YES!

Say fuck moar please.

Emo hair dude redeeming himself

oh and BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Three Four BLEEPs in 10 seconds.

o m g

she is the best

ALL OF THE BLEEPS

Dat dialogue

oh my god teh bleeps lol

SHE'S BEEPING CRAZY.

Beep

BEEPP!!!

Wow WTF!!!!

oh my fucking god....

That was 4 BLEEPS!

LMAO This bitch...

HOLY GOD, THIS PROGRAM IS LITERALLY DESTROYING THE TV RIGHT NOW.

Wait what the fuck?

I can't find the appropriate gif for my reactions on that...

What da...

MY GOD SO MANY BLEEPING BLEEPS

Oh my fucking god.

Dem bleeps Loooooooooooooool. Amazing XD!

Oh my God, this bitch is Bizarro Sophita.

Damn dude power up and kick her ass already.

BAHAHAHAHA

This is amazing.

What in the fucking fuck am I fucking watching?

man, so blindsided lol

MY BODY IS READY

TAKE ME NOW

"If you can't get a girl off, what use are you to me?"

KuGsj.gif

I'm dying from these shots.

Anyone playing the DW drinking game is already dead.

This may be one of the craziest characters I've ever seen

This is amazingggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

YOU DUMB FUCK!

Are you going to lift your leg and piss on me next?

I like this show.

Ganta...

just merk em both

Get'em GANTA!!!!

what the fuck am i watching.

The beeps are just amazing.

Wheres Dr. Phil when you need him?

BEEPS.

BEEPS EVERYWHERE.

These beeps are literally killing me.

why can't I hold all these beeps?

DIS BITCH IS CRAY

Ahaha she called him a dumbf*ck

Daaaaaaayuuumn!

WAT!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL!

BEEP! HAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!?!?!? WTF?

Here you go:

LQFPV.jpg

HAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHH

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

OH MY GOD

What the hell!

Oh my god teh delivery of these lines is impeccable

HHAHAHAHAA, WHAT THE FUCCCCCK.

OH MY GOD

THIS EPISODE

THIS FUCKING EPISODE

what the fuck is wrong with everyone in this show?

that's some cold shit...

"Filthy cock-gnawing whore of a mom?"
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Mom saving the flowers.
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

This show is off the chain. Even Paranoia Agent didn't go this far.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

Well, shit.

HEADBUTT OF DESTINY

Yo holy shit Ganta got a hard ass head

Your time is up, my time is now! You can't see me, my time is NOW!

Ganta Igarashi tells the truth.

Ganta Igarashi will headbutt a bitch.

Ganta Igarashi is a G.

I love this show.

I love me a good headbutt

Goku headbutt

My God, this show.

Oh god, comedy gold.

HEADBUTT, BITCH!

BEST GIRL

tumblr_llqeowxku81qab6haqh.gif

Man, awesome

SHINY SHINY

SHINY SHINY, more and more inappropriate each passing week.

What a fucking episode.

These episodes aren't long enough.

That episode was great, hahahahahaha.

shiny shiny

SHINY SHINY

I counted 21 BLEEPs from this episode.

We need to have an ambulance on speed dial for this thread.

That was the best fucking thing ever. Seriously.

Shiny shiny !

That was my favorite episode yet. So much crazy, so much wtf, so many bleeps

This episode did not disapoint.

greatest episode of anime ever

This show is so much fun. Dumb, full of violence, and completely unashamed.

iMd9QdtXtARYQ.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I might have some gifs...

then again, I might not.

This is a great show, I take it it only aired on some obscure satellite station in Japan and died a death on tv, so no more anime.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wish I was around for DMW reactions. I told some friends "HEY, this show is gonna come on with the revival of Toonami!" & they barely made it past 5 minutes.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wonder what my first TOONAMI thread post was?

I lurked near the beginning but worked or partied most Saturdays that first year and was still pissed that I fell asleep during April Fools before Bleach even came on.

EDIT: I saw maybe five minutes of this show clicking through. Meanwhile I saw almost every minute of episode 23 of Casshern Sins. I remembered everything when I watched it a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom