• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I've had a Wii U since launch.
And I have three of the four games offered. The one I don't have is Wii Party U.
Well... it is free I guess.

Also, anyone buying a Wii U in this thread needs to get The Wonderful 101.

Raxus

I've had a Wii U since launch.
And I have three of the four games offered. The one I don't have is Wii Party U.
Well... it is free I guess.

Also, anyone buying a Wii U in this thread needs to get The Wonderful 101.

I am still angry I missed that for 8 bucks.
image.php

Monster Hunter is awful on consoles. It's whole gameplay design hinges on it being portable and being able to play in short bursts.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Monster Hunter is awful on consoles. It's whole gameplay design hinges on it being portable and being able to play in short bursts.

Nonsense. This ain't Japan, nobody's gonna sit on a train and play Monster Hunter together.

That shit should be played at home where you can get an actual wi-fi signal.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

tumblr_n4ihcijgyT1qfbz1so1_500.png

MH is the only franchise I think excels on both.

Being able to quest everywhere is amazing.

However, most quests are 20-40 minutes. Not really "short bursts." Also, I feel like the game gains a lot from being "larger than life" in HD graphics on a big screen. The monsters are much more menacing.

Aside from that, playing with a Pro Controller kicks the 3DS's ass. (Circle Pad Pro is a joker.)

I feel console Monhun is way better than portable Monhun for us Americans. And I prefer portables way more! I know no one in real life that has Monster Hunter or even a Wii U for that matter. But thanks to forums I've met a lot of cool people that I can play monhun with for hours on end. And i'm serious too. I once played for 9 hours straight with my forum buddies. It was fantastic.

Unlike Pokemon I don't feel the "meant for portables" argument works, mon hun may be preferred in japan on portables but there is value based on its themes and play styles to be equally as good if not better on consoles. For one you can make missions that take longer especially when you're playing in groups online, they can make the game look amazing, the controls are less ass (but are still generally ass) . This is coming from someone who likes handhelds much more than consoles.

Jintor

Should I buy Mario Kart 8 now and not a wii U because I can probably just afford a game but there's no way in hell I can afford a console for another few months

Should I buy Mario Kart 8 now and not a wii U because I can probably just afford a game but there's no way in hell I can afford a console for another few months

Well, MK8 doesn't come out for a month anyways. But yeah, it's enough of a good deal that you could get the game and the free game and it'd be worth it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
When I'm on the road playing MH3U, I use a 3DS XL and the CPP LL.

When I get home...I still play the game portably with the Gamepad instead.

f6BNL9B.gif

daveo42

Banned
I think I'm going to grab the MK8 bundle at launch. Seems like a pretty solid deal. Will probably end up with WWHD as my freebie.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh and if you don't own a Wii U? NSMBU is legit as fuck. The assumption is that if you have one you should already have the game. It's one of the best 2D platforming games ever and it's expansion pack NSLU is even better.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also, W101 or WWHD or Pikmin 3?

probably w101 tbh

In Europe, sure.

In the US it's the cheapest game by far. Hell last week a disc copy of it was 8.50 at Toys R US and 30 bucks on the eshop.

W101, NSMBU, Pikmin 3, WWHD, and MH3U are all must buys.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I was hoping to get W101, but then saw that was only EU. I don't get why the list is so much smaller in the US. Oh well, Wind Waker HD is still tempting, even if I'm still bummed out on not getting the Ganondorf figurine.

Also that feeling of finishing up 5 pre-calc assignments & knowing you get Thurs. & Friday off because those are "Exam Study Days".

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Unlike Pokemon I don't feel the "meant for portables" argument works, mon hun may be preferred in japan on portables but there is value based on its themes and play styles to be equally as good if not better on consoles. For one you can make missions that take longer especially when you're playing in groups online, they can make the game look amazing, the controls are less ass (but are still generally ass) . This is coming from someone who likes handhelds much more than consoles.

YIGrN3k.gif

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
If you guys do get a Wii U remember to pick up a copy of MH3U so we can all play together.

It's been on my list for a while, as soon as I get my paycheck on the 8th....im gonna preorder mario kart 8, get child of light and then take care of other stuff, but I probably will get it after that!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I came so close to beating Ghost Recon:Shadow Wars yesterday. I nearly broke my rule and played it today. Instead of doing that though I didn't play Tales of the Abyss! Going to do that now.

YC8BFpK.gif

and I'm going to call it an early night.

MikeMyers

Chaozu is more useful than any of the Saiyans after Freeza's death.

Chaozu does absolutely nothing, barely even shows his face, while the Saiyans constantly contributes to making things worse. 0 points is better than -1,000 points.

daveo42

Banned
Chaozu is more useful than any of the Saiyans after Freeza's death.

Only because he stopped showing up all together. Something Yamcha never quite figured out.

Chaozu does absolutely nothing, barely even shows his face, while the Saiyans constantly contributes to making things worse. 0 points is better than -1,000 points.

I knew where you were going with this and I agree. Cocky saiyans meant fucking everything up and waiting for Goku to come back in some form to save the day and resurrect everyone.

MikeMyers

Um yeah, I'm not sure what my comparison of Chaozu to Goku/Vegeta has anything to do with Yamcha. But yes, even Yamcha is more useful than those two at that point.

daveo42

Banned
Yamcha kept showing up and either dying or distracting the more competent fighters in the series. He made matters worse just by being there as a liability.

MikeMyers

Except when the cast learns about the Androids, Bulma suggests using the DBs to find Gero's lab and jump him before he can start making the Androids. Being that Gero hadn't turned himself into an Android at that point, any of the human fighters could have beaten him including probably Chichi!

Therefore no Androids are made, and no Cell coming to that timeline.

As for Buu, Babidi admits it would take a whole lifetime to get the energy to release Buu, but Goku and Vegeta's spat caused him to get released in an afternoon!

So no. If someone like Yamcha, Yajirobe, or Chaozu was main character after Freeza's death; the threats of Android, Cell, or Buu would have never happened.

daveo42

Banned
But then it would have been a pretty boring manga at that point. The cockiness of the saiyans were there to drive the plot forward to make the current bad guy even more powerful than they already were. Without that, we wouldn't have gotten the Cell or Buu sagas at all, which at least the Cell saga was pretty good. Buu got a bit weird.

Honestly, I kind of wish it had ended after Frieza since everything had been wrapped up at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom