• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Buu saga is the most silliest "None of this would have happened if the main characters had actually ignored doing anything' Arc ever. Literally if Supreme Kai hadn't forced gohans energy to get stolen, he would have just beaten up Spopovich and Yamu and then gotten on with the tourney. It would have honestly taken years+ maybe a few centuries given how much stronger the saiyans are than anything else, to resurrect Buu but between Supreme Kais silly plan and then Goku suggesting vegeta come along to fight the baddie (when has this ever worked out goku, come on) Buu is resurrected in a day and the universe nearly destroyed.

Man I can't wait for Abridged to get to the Buu arc now that I think about it. (I shit you not there is a scene where Goku is eating a ton of food instead of bringing back the senzu beans he went to get to help Videl heal after being in immensely beaten, thats like perfect already)

It's already been changed, but a few hours ago, someone edited this onto the Pokemon X and Y wikipedia page.
C72Argh.png

LOLDSFAN

Man just watched dat Mario Kart 8 Direct.

Wooooow.

Still waiting for E3 before I make a decision for a Wii U, but if I get one, MK8 will be on the top of my wish list.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh and if you don't own a Wii U? NSMBU is legit as fuck. The assumption is that if you have one you should already have the game. It's one of the best 2D platforming games ever and it's expansion pack NSLU is even better.

Yeah, NSMBU is the best New game and NSLU is even better.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Has it seriously been 10 years since Megas XLR aired? Man, I was only 12 when that show was on Cartoon Network. Still a shame there's no physical release for it, only $2 per episode on Xbox Video.

Tamanon

Banned
I would scoop up a Megas XLR Blu-Ray/DVD in a heartbeat. Or would love if it was added to Netflix, but I think it's still in legal hell.

daveo42

Banned
Mike does have a point in that Saiyans royally fuck things up for everyone before Goku shows up in one way or another to save the day.

MikeMyers

z9oadj5.gif

What were you Saiyan?

Hashtag Jaken'splantoexterminatetheSaiyans.

Gohan plz, you are completely worthless without his father. SSJ2 Gohan, Future Gohan, and Mystic Gohan are all evidence of this.

Although I admit always feel bad for Gohan at the 25th Budokai. Spopivich is beating the crap out of Videl and no one lets Gohan interfere because it's a tournament and he has to wait his turn. Then when Spopivich tries to fight Gohan later, Gohan's ready to fight until the Supreme Kai freezes Gohan so Babidi can get a buttload of free energy. Assholes.

There's nothing wrong with needing help, heck I wish shounen/dbz would better illustrate that beyond the whole "power of friendship/lending energy part" instead of the "real warriors fight alone and that's honorable" crap . THE WORLD/GALAXY/UNIVERSE IS IN DANGER YOU JERKS.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Why does "power of friendship" always have to mean "everybody else does jack shit but they're trying and that makes me believe in the heart of the cards"?

Why can't they actually do some useful shit sometimes?

If I can talk about an American cartoon for a sec, look at Avatar: the Last Airbender. Everybody in Aang's band of buddies was doing legitimately useful shit at the very end of the show, even though Aang was the title character.

MikeMyers

In the first arc of DB they did a good job on an assemble cast with Goku, Bulma, Oolong, Yamcha, and Puar bringing unique dynamic to the table. Then you get to the second arc and the non-fighters are sidelined while only Goku can put up a good fight with Jackie Chun.

There's nothing wrong with needing help, heck I wish shounen/dbz would better illustrate that beyond the whole "power of friendship/lending energy part" instead of the "real warriors fight alone and that's honorable" crap . THE WORLD/GALAXY/UNIVERSE IS IN DANGER YOU JERKS.

I wasn't really trying to make a complaint about him needing help, but more so complain how every character has to look bad so Goku can look good. It's really annoying.

Well I can't say dragon ball Z ever did it right so it's not like you're wrong, I just feel thats still gohans win. Everything about gohan in Buu arc though after the initial saiyaman stuff is just ugh.

MikeMyers

Yeah I loved the Saiyaman stuff to. It's kind of annoying that Buu arc established a reinvented Gohan as the lead with Videl, Goten, and Trunks as the supporting cast only to push them away and make it all about Goku and Vegeta again.

Interestingly the Cell arc does the same thing, but only keeps changing villains.

Goten and trunks becoming super saiyans is another thing i wanna see riffed on in Abridged, but then It weirdly feels like a lot of content in Buu arc gets called out in universe already.

Raxus

Be careful what you wish for...

So many friends the author has to keep adding MOAR FRIENDS!

Joking aside what made FMA: Brotherhood and Soul Eater a breath of fresh air is that our characters would rarely go into battle alone.

I've read fairy tail, it still falls into the whole, One dude finishes off the big bad with the power of friendship/getting lent energy/determining enough to pull a new technique out of your ass. But hey, at least it has boobs and ship teasing .

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I already get enough ship teasing from One Piece. What's their ship gonna be like since the Merry Go can't be repaired?!

daveo42

Banned
Fan service is like the only reason to read Fairy Tail at this point. Some of the arcs were interesting here and there, but nothing all that that interesting. Even the big character reveals feel kind of meh.

It lacks any actual spectacle.

This is really good. Thanks for posting it!

obviously Luffy is just gonna do this:

tumblr_inline_mo3v1bXGb91qz4rgp.png

Luffy would make a terrible boat.

I've read fairy tail, it still falls into the whole, One dude finishes off the big bad with the power of friendship/getting lent energy/determining enough to pull a new technique out of your ass. But hey, at least it has boobs and ship teasing .

Still while Natsu beats the big bad all his friends have fought and beaten the other badies and they all collectivley go "you can't defeat us becuase we believe in each other" => power up and win

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Can't hate on those character designs tho.

shanks_and_gildarts_by_jokebean-d3eom4h.png

lol.

I actually met someone at a convention that thought Oda wrote both One Piece and Fairy Tail.

Fairy Tail wishes it was One Piece. It has none of the emotional moments, character building, world building, or awesome plot twists.

There was a recent chapter where it looked like a character was going to die. In a better series, that suspense would be held on for months and the character would come back okay. Not Fairy Tail, here she's immediately rescued with no tension at all!

I actually met someone at a convention that thought Oda wrote both One Piece and Fairy Tail.

Fairy Tail wishes it was One Piece. It has none of the emotional moments, character building, world building, or awesome plot twists.

There was a recent chapter where it looked like a character was going to die. In a better series, that suspense would be held on for months and the character would come back okay. Not Fairy Tail, here she's immediately rescued with no tension at all!

No one would have been fooled at all, no way you'd kill of the
little kid character
without massive outrage. Now if they did that fake out with a secondary character then it'd almost be believable, but its fairy tail so nope

There was a recent chapter where it looked like a character was going to die. In a better series, that suspense would be held on for months and the character would come back okay they would have actually done so.
(admittedly I don't know the context, but any chance to take a cheap shot at no one dying in OP is good too)

TheChits

Holy crap amazon actually delivered something to me before it is released(okay it is only 1 day early but still). Kirby here I come

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I got lucky & despite getting regular free (non-Prime) shipping, my copy of Jojo ASB arrived today from Amazon, which is awesome since it said it'd most likely arrive on Saturday. & now I can listen to some JSR in the car tomorrow.

daveo42

Banned

It's Oda's troll manga.

I agree that Fairy Tail has next to zero of those moments that make One Piece great, but the death example is kind of moot as no one really dies in One Piece unless its a part of a character's backstory. I will say that Mashima at least knows how to draw women, something Oda really has never improved.

Swiggity swooty I'm coming for that elastic booty.

You can clearly tell by his expression that his is already in that booty, but his mother isn't all that impressed. His sister, however, is freaking out at this sudden turn of events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom