• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must not have watched much Animaniacs.

I did, but that was always obviously done in parody as it was a comedy show. SBT is a "serious" action show and we're actively watching a high school cheer leader seduce a mc to try and get something out of him for the sex tease.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Animaniacs kind of teased at those jokes & it wasn't in your face about it most of the time. It probably took you a few years when you were older to realize "Oh so THAT'S what that joke meant!". Hell, the "fingerprints/finger Prince" joke took me a very long time to fully understand.

Meanwhile, with SBT's twerking scene....

tumblr_md5egvGgxz1rjpf3yo1_400.gif

bigkrev

I'm alive!

My only weekend impression is that I don't get how people can hate Blue Exorcist. It is perfect as a 2:00 AM "I'm going to bed I need something mindless" show

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm alive!

My only weekend impression is that I don't get how people can hate Blue Exorcist. It is perfect as a 2:00 AM "I'm going to bed I need something mindless" show

I bet you couldn't WAAAAAIIIIIITTTT to share that with us!

I agree, BE is perfect for this.

daveo42

Banned
I'm alive!

Oh hai bigkrev!

Glad to see you back. As for BE, I agree that the show is pretty mindless (based on what I've seen so far) and works well in it's slot. This is why I'm a fan of having Black Lagoon come on before we hit Blue Exorcist.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Over, he's learned his lesson.

Everyone takes over and Seda bans him for a minute, cleaning up when the odds shift to under

Also is Ichigo's boss a time skip only character? I know I've probably forgotten a good third of Bleach's cast but I think I would have remembered someone this amazing.

bigkrev

Surprisingly few bans for that one, people smartened up pretty quickly.

Probably because the narrative wasn't "Homosexuality is wrong", it was "I don't care"

That said, I'm shocked the guy who made the thread about how Obama wasn't black didn't get banned, just junior'd and mocked in the title

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Shippuden has voice filters for Akatsuki!

and and

That great OST!

Samurai Seven has a bunch of laser planes or something. Makes me wonder if this is Xenogears episode 1.

daveo42

Banned
I made it though the first half of Samurai Seven and generally enjoyed it, but dropped it for some reason. Maybe I'll get back around to finishing it.

Samurai seven was good if only for the Kurosawa bits that they kept, otherwise it was a mess to look at, but I guess that comes with the territory for Gonzo's animation skills.

Yeah S7 fells like ages ago.

Same thing with the Twitter campaign that restarted the block to begin with. Crazy that it's been 2 years of this block already. I mean who would've think it?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I feel like i'm the only person that actually thought Samurai Seven was actually kind of ok. I watched it years ago on IFC though.

I've been trying to watch this show ever since then. I also missed it on Funimation Channel. Next it came to Netflix where I ignored it for years until it was delisted, and finally TOONAMI.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, the thing that always struck me is just how useless Samurai Seven was and pretty much a poster child for hows not to remake a property.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't know yet what I'm going to do with One Piece:Unlimited World Red, out on July 8th for 3DS/Vita/PS3/Wii U (Wii U is digital only and Vita is Gamestop exclusive for retail)

I'm thinking I'll get the 3DS game first and will wait and see on Wii U/PS3. It'll likely get cheap as hell on those platforms rather quickly.

I don't know yet what I'm going to do with One Piece:Unlimited World Red, out on July 8th for 3DS/Vita/PS3/Wii U (Wii U is digital only and Vita is Gamestop exclusive for retail)

I'm thinking I'll get the 3DS game first and will wait and see on Wii U/PS3. It'll likely get cheap as hell on those platforms rather quickly.

If you can do multiplayer across wiiu/3ds I'll get the wiiu version, if not 3ds

daveo42

Banned

Are they doing cross-save/buy for the Vita/PS3 version? Might grab it for the Vita if it is.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It should have Cross Save considering it's the exact same content and they'd be jerks to not include it (Wii U should also but the only game that does is MH3U and that's a whole nother story) but who does Cross Buy besides Sony and Sony sponsored Indies these days? It just costs you money.

TheChits

I don't even know what type of game Unlimited World Red is, but I'm fiending for a One Piece game so I'm gonna pick it up on one of Nintendo systems. Don't know which yet.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't even know what type of game Unlimited World Red is, but I'm fiending for a One Piece game so I'm gonna pick it up on one of Nintendo systems. Don't know which yet.

The Unlimited series is pretty cool. Think a more open world 3D zelda game with the straw hats doing different things. Slightly more combat too.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Thought about getting pirate warriors 2. Roster is amazing if nothing else
I got it when it was on sale for $12.50 on PSN. For that price, I found it enjoyable, most likely because I was more invested because of the fact it was based on One Piece.

I'll probably get Unlimited World Red on Vita if I have the cash & there's nothing else at the moment. Don't mind that it's GS only since that & Amazon are my main two places to get games.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I got it when it was on sale for $12.50 on PSN. For that price, I found it enjoyable, most likely because I was more invested because of the fact it was based on One Piece.

I'll probably get Unlimited World Red on Vita if I have the cash & there's nothing else at the moment. Don't mind that it's GS only since that & Amazon are my main two places to get games.

Unlike Xenoblade though there is no real worry about this one exploding in price, the digital version will dampen the rarity of it pretty steeply in the short term.

Long term it might be worth something as a curio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom