• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm frankly shocked at the number of preorders Versus is getting for physical copies. I guess these same people have been buying Neptunia games and other loli bait for years physically though.

I love SK Burst but even if I had the choice I'd never buy it from Gamestop unless the physical version was like 30 bucks cheaper.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh wait it's ONLINE ranking, that makes Versus results crystal clear.

Unless you have a shiton of credit there's no reason to ever order new stuff from Gamestop.com, so those are shame orders.

Oh wait it's ONLINE ranking, that makes Versus results crystal clear.

Unless you have a shiton of credit there's no reason to ever order new stuff from Gamestop.com, so those are shame orders.

Gamestop exclusive retail game and you don't want to actually go into a Gamestop store, that's what I did for Xenoblade

Also why is the newest Bleach episode not on demand on either Adult Swim's site or on Xfinity :( both Attack on Titan and Shippuden are why not Bleach. The episode from 2 weeks ago is on AS that's it, Xfinity only has all the subbed episodes and episodes from 2009/2010 :'(

bigkrev

I didnt know that Watch Dogs had so many versions. I said God damn.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=817636

I'm kind of annoyed by that- it's incredibly misleading. The first 2 versions are the same game- all the first run copies are "special editions", just like Sony did with Infamous. It won't be possible to buy the regular version for some time. Then, there are 3 different regional exclusive special editions.

Basically, If you live in America, your choice on day 1 on consoles is a Normal game or a Collectors edition, with uPlay.com shoppers also getting a bonus steel book (although this version isn't listed on the US uPlay site, it might also be a foregn exclusive). On PC, you can get a download version, a collectors version, or a slightly more expensive digital version with half of the DLC.

Your choice basically narrows down to "Do I want the big collectors edition?", or "Do I want the normal version"?

It's not as missleading as
florida-gun-deaths-385x481.jpg

but it's kind of close

I'm kind of annoyed by that- it's incredibly misleading. The first 2 versions are the same game- all the first run copies are "special editions", just like Sony did with Infamous. It won't be possible to buy the regular version for some time. Then, there are 3 different regional exclusive special editions.

Basically, If you live in America, your choice on day 1 on consoles is a Normal game or a Collectors edition, with uPlay.com shoppers also getting a bonus steel book (although this version isn't listed on the US uPlay site, it might also be a foregn exclusive). On PC, you can get a download version, a collectors version, or a slightly more expensive digital version with half of the DLC.

Your choice basically narrows down to "Do I want the big collectors edition?", or "Do I want the normal version"?

It's not as missleading as
florida-gun-deaths-385x481.jpg

but it's kind of close
I see. That makes more sense.

Finally got to see Bleach (for whatever reason it was on the DVR... not sure when I did that but not complaining) it was pretty enjoyable last week. That bread scene though lol Orihime is so god damn thirsty not even all that bread can soak it up

Also anime gaf is about to melt down over this post

Sword Art Online: Season 1

Still love Sword Art Online. I feel like the hate I've heard for it is just completely overblown. When I finished, I just had to put it on my favourites list on Hummingbird. I felt like it was a well thought out series, the story is interesting, the action is amazing, and the characters felt believable in how they would act in that situation. In addition, I felt like the series just lends itself amazingly well in bringing out almost every single emotion there is. Watching this, I've felt excited, happy, depressed, hyped and I even shed tears at a couple points (though that was all mostly in the first half when it was more serious). Now I have to get my friend to watch this as he was turned away from what the Internet has said about it.

I honestly can't wait for Season 2 in the summer!

:X

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

:X

Shit like this is why I stay away from animeGAF. I don't know how you can say it's a well thought out series with a straight face. Or has believable characters. It was offensively bad in every objective way.

But if he had fun then more power to him. I just won't listen to his recommendations.

Shit like this is why I stay away from animeGAF. I don't know how you can say it's a well thought out series with a straight face. Or has believable characters. It was offensively bad in every objective way.

But if he had fun then more power to him. I just won't listen to his recommendations.
Here's what I do.
Just
Ignore
Them.
They obviously dont know what they talking about.
It works for me every time.

I got the words I wanted in. I'm good.

I'm predicting slightly higher ratings for AOT this week. I will probably be wrong.

Yeah I imagine AoT like Dandy will continue to do better each week... never mind the fact we have summer coming which should boost the block as a whole

I refuse to post in animegaf, but I have to know

Is Cajunator the DTL of cute girls?

In simple terms yes, though he(she?) generally has opinions I agree with about anime in general, they just like cute things.

bigkrev

789shadow

Banned
I've been watching the bumps and promos and music videos since Toonami's return, and I've come to the conclusion that even Toonami presentation cannot make Tenchi Muyo GXP look good.

I've been watching the bumps and promos and music videos since Toonami's return, and I've come to the conclusion that even Toonami presentation cannot make Tenchi Muyo GXP look good.

Just show mostly clips of space ships shooting and that out of nowhere mech plot and post the few serious lines the show has around them

Alright. I'm at episode 12 of Space Dandy now. This show is pretty damn amazing, but the one thing I'm a little let down by is there seemingly being not much of a plot (real plot; there's plenty of the other plot) beyond the dudes trying to catch Dandy. The show is basically a "monster of the week" type of thing. That's not inherently bad, I just expected more on the story front.

Am I missing something?

Alright. I'm at episode 12 of Space Dandy now. This show is pretty damn amazing, but the one thing I'm a little let down by is there seemingly being not much of a plot (real plot; there's plenty of the other plot) beyond the dudes trying to catch Dandy. The show is basically a "monster of the week" type of thing. That's not inherently bad, I just expected more on the story front.

Am I missing something?
Not really. That's what it is.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Want to hear something odd?

The closest show TOONAMI has ever aired to Fairy Tail is likely Deadman Wonderland.

Both believe in shirtless men, both believe in the power of friendship, both have a ton of the same voice actors, both are Shiny Shiny!

BBboy20

I'm surprised there hasn't been a higher-quality version without those subtitles.

I was never into turtles so I am immune to this childhood ruining
Fortunately, we have the recent cartoon to fall back on or just simply look forward to (as the next evolution of the franchise).

20 bucks? Well then.

So I was browsing around YouTube, and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUkarbDLESY
Was this a movie? Because that's a lot of action for a Conan episode.

Investing all your money on the "Wall plan" leaves you with nothing for " Project Jaeger"
ku-medium_zps553276a3.gif

Who gets his ass kicked more, Eren or Renton?
Depends what your definition of "ass kicked" is.

Next episode introduces the best character.
My most anticipated anything this dub has going for.

Quick question: there is a second season of AoT being made at some point, correct? I don't want this to be another case of me getting into a show like Deadman Wonderland and then oop it's over.
2015. It'll have movies shorten the first season, an actual live-action movie, spin-offs, probably other games, or pretty much all sorts of distraction until season 2 is made.

He most likely does like her, atleast physically, he will just never act on it.
God damn baka.

Bryce Papenbrook ‏@BrycePapenbrook 51m
It was hard not to be angry after recording as Eren. #AttackOnTitan #Toonami
Well, let's see how well his anger is at episode 5.

I've seen the scene about 100 times. The music, animation, everything.

Those guys wearing their headband will never not look weird.
I seem to be the only one here who thought of Snake Eater when they wore their neck-communicators.

Spider-Man: I really, really hate clones.
"This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot!"
This entire episode is going to be Deidara and Sasori taunting Naruto, the old lady saying "Sasori...." and Team Gai commenting on how their clones are just like them, isn't it?
"and....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l3Bo1MK9_Q&feature=player_detailpage#t=3"

So they really did put in an investment on it...man, maybe they should had filler arcs be nothing but alternative worlds.

Lmao. Sanji has to go through the boss rush dungeon?
More like the main character for Onepiercer.

I enjoyed Ted

A Million Ways to Die looks stupid though :/
I loved Ted and I can't laugh at any of the ads for this new flick.

This OP is the best on the block, I don't care what you guys say about any of the others.
tumblr_ms3qzgNXjD1sb30y2o1_500_zps45dc3b0c.gif

Revy's the brawn. Rock is the brains. Dutch is a nice mix of both.
What make Benny?

These guys are fucking fucked
LOLOLOLOlollllolollhehehhHAHAHAHAHAHAH..........HAHAlollollOLOLOLl......heh....that is what I call a first.

Some bigger names creep in towards the end but it is going to mostly be obscure bad guys. Not a bad thing. TAS had some original villains and Mr. Freeze was obscure until Heart of Ice.
That's probably because of how strong...well, everything that show was. Either go all the way with original content or go home.

Hey, it's Tim from Justified.

Speaking of, you should totally watch this amv that'll get you pumped for more One Piece (no spoilers for the Toonami crowd as the latest scene is from early in Water 7).
Whoa, we missed all that in the previous episodes?

Attack on Titan:the storyteller guy at the beginning kinda deserved it.
In the sub, it sounded female; for a long time, I figured it was Mikasa but seeing more characters and how deep the voice is, I now think it's Hanji but in the dub, it's clearly Eren.

One Piece:[/B] Sanji is now the master of stealth for his enterance onto the sea-train.
And no escape
for those who isn't a Straw Hat...

Black Lagoon: ♫ Everybody 'ought to have a maid... ♫ ... Oh god, I just realized that the boy is MLPFIM's Spike (Cathy Weseluck). Using the same voice, too.
WHA!?

Genndy was probably given a ton of freedom for SBT considering he helped provide some of the channel's most successful shows.
Of course, they screwed him over and now he works at Sony making movies with Adam Sandler.
What has he been working on recently?

So was Bread Girl, who I will refuse to call anything else.
That will probably change in the coming episodes.

Blue Exorcist - I find myself enjoying the show if I approach it as a mostly non-serious affair that happens to get serious every once in a while. So far, nothing I'd plan to watch again after it's done, but I don't feel like I've wasted my time either. I guess that's about as a back-handed compliment one can give.
At this point, I enjoy the show for what it is but it sure ain't for merit as even I'm starting to get tired of this wait on the quest to beat the shit out of Satan.

Beware the Bats - huh, Dum Dum Girls did the theme? Not much to talk about here. Short was damn fine though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBSs3-RfLKk

I didnt know that Watch Dogs had so many versions. I said God damn.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=817636
I am really glad I removed my pre-order of it last year.

"that the loveliest trick of the Devil is to persuade you that he does not exist!"

Bleach just became entertaining again but that's only because of the introduction of Ikumi. Took me a while to figure out it's Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as this seems like the most varied role she's had in a long time.

Seriously, 4 ninjas and they allowed Snow Eater to escape? Yes, please, stretch this shit because of reasons. Also, that last scene: does that mean Scorpion-wanna-be is related?

I do anticipate Sanji just boding every one on board until he reaches CP9 but who knows, maybe even he has something up his sleeve.

So, that's the role Wendie Lee plays. Nice to see her voice another bosom hottie again. :)

Yeah, Bruce Timm needs some support as he might as well be TV action cartoon's only hope. Hell, CN may as well transfer DC Nation to Toonami as I'm sure William Street will try to do a better justice
League
there. Hell, to think about it, it may as well be the place to premiere your action cartoon since everybody else rather get their action with Call of Duty.

Oh, and in regards of Beware: yeah, really should had a VERY STRONG script if they're gonna' use lower-cast villain from the beginning.

Jack can solve riddles but can't see the obvious hints of a trap? How does that work?

daveo42

Banned
I fuckin' wish Toonami would be HighSchool of the Dead on.

It's as perfect as TTGL, but in kind of the opposite direction

The block is missing a harem anime. I'd watch it again if it were on.

Whoa, we missed all that in the previous episodes?

The amv does include a lot of stuff from the first 200 episodes of the show. Everything from early East Blue to Skypiea, and it's all worth watching (minus some of the filler).

Raxus

I agree BBboy. If they are going to do lesser villains they really need to add interesting twists to them ala episodes like Heart of Ice, On Leather Wings, and Freakshow.

That said it at least painted the Bruce and Alfred relationship well. It is just a shame the villains took a backseat and had no overall impact in the story besides 'HERE IS A CONFLICT, SOLVE IT BATMAN!'

With stronger scripting you can write great stories of the villains linking to the Batman ethos and build up the villain and Batman in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom