• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
In my short time here I have yet to complete the challenge. I'm usually ready to pass out by the time OG Naruto comes on, but I can usually make it to Jack. I might try to complete the 6.5hr challenge over the summer.

Takashi

ONE OF US, ONE OF US

With the current block, I'll usually stop paying attention after Black Lagoon. Repeat Naruto is a no. FMAB just finishing recently was probably the 2nd or 3rd time watching it. Around that same time I also sped through it again with my gf as she hadn't seen it before so I could see her reactions, so I'm taking a bit of a break on it. I'll likely watch again on toonami once the main plot picks up.

I enjoy samurai jack but knowing it never got a resolution kinda keeps me from investing on the eps I didn't see as a kid. I hear SBT is good but its not enough interest to keep me watching the whole block unfortunately.

ONE OF US, ONE OF US

With the current block, I'll usually stop paying attention after Black Lagoon. Repeat Naruto is a no. FMAB just finishing recently was probably the 2nd or 3rd time watching it. Around that same time I also sped through it again with my gf as she hadn't seen it before so I could see her reactions, so I'm taking a bit of a break on it. I'll likely watch again on toonami once the main plot picks up.

I enjoy samurai jack but knowing it never got a resolution kinda keeps me from investing on the eps I didn't see as a kid. I hear SBT is good but its not enough interest to keep me watching the whole block unfortunately.

The real question is what do you think of Bleach?

ONE OF US, ONE OF US

Welcome to Toonami GAF and GAF in general :D

Here is your junior survival guide

Rule 1: While you're a junior, if there is even a hint of controversy stay away from a thread

Rule 2: Get to 300 post (easy with toonami) and be active for 3 months

Rule 3: don't be snarky until your a regular member

Follow those steps and you'll have a good time

Also quick your top 5 ongoing and top 5 finished anime

bigkrev

Welcome to Toonami GAF and GAF in general :D

Here is your junior survival guide

Rule 1: While you're a junior, if there is even a hint of controversy stay away from a thread

Rule 2: Get to 300 post (easy with toonami) and be active for 3 months

Rule 3: don't be snarky until your a regular member

Follow those steps and you'll have a good time

Also quick your top 5 ongoing and top 5 finished anime

Rule 4 stay the FUCK out of gaming during E3

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Also this.

Keep in mind the best way to not get banned is not to be a dick. Just don't be a dick and you'll be ok.

Unfortunately, other people being dicks kind of makes you want to be a dick right back to them, haha.

Raxus

I think Raxus was an original member, not sure though

Nope, sadly not. I have seen most of the series but I fell off for the last 1/4 of the episodes and I have yet to see much of Final Act. I have been wanting to watch it live on Toonami with you guys.
Gaming side is easy to stay safe in.

Don't be an asshole. There, you're protected.

*Unless you hate on the Xbox One/Vita then gifs a plenty!

Also the WiiU is a ded system and Nintendo should upend their business model and sell their company.

GAF gets pretty bad around E3

Takashi

Bleach is decent and can be pretty good at times. Keeps me entertained for the most part
nozomi and kon god no
. The only thing is that I didn't really start watching it until the Arrancar arc began, so when people say "oh the Soul Society arc was the best" and "OG bleach was awesome", I don't know what they mean. I've heard alot of early Bleach is slice of life-ish and that this current arc is similar to that, so tbh I haven't really been paying attention to these current episodes since I'm not that familiar with that style of Bleach. But overall, it does its job well as a shounen.

Lists? I'm pretty terrible at them, since I'm one of those people who can't make up their mind since they think they might have forgotten something. But I'll give it a shot

Finished Anime
FMAB
Bebop
Evangelion
Welcome to the NHK
Mushishi
Death Note
Baccano

I know its more than five and its a pretty loose order anyway, as in they're all pretty damn good.

Dont really have any ongoing anime though since I tend to finish one if I really want to get through it and have time to. Black Lagoon is the only one I can think of atm, but I've really enjoyed what I have seen of Gintama and Daily Life of High School Boys but I'm not actively watching them right now.

EDIT: Yeah I figure it's not hard to keep from getting banned as long as you dont post anything stupid, but i'll still be abit careful during e3 though

Bleach is decent and can be pretty good at times. Keeps me entertained for the most part
nozomi and kon god no
. The only thing is that I didn't really start watching it until the Arrancar arc began, so when people say "oh the Soul Society arc was the best" and "OG bleach was awesome", I don't know what they mean. I've heard alot of early Bleach is slice of life-ish and that this current arc is similar to that, so tbh I haven't really been paying attention to these current episodes since I'm not that familiar with that style of Bleach. But overall, it does its job well as a shounen.

Lists? I'm pretty terrible at them, since I'm one of those people who can't make up their mind since they think they might have forgotten something. But I'll give it a shot

Finished Anime
FMAB
Bebop
Evangelion
Welcome to the NHK
Mushishi
Death Note
Baccano

I know its more than five and its a pretty loose order anyway, as in they're all pretty damn good.

Dont really have any ongoing anime though since I tend to finish one if I really want to get through it and have time to. Black Lagoon is the only one I can think of atm, but I've really enjoyed what I have seen of Gintama and Daily Life of High School Boys but I'm not actively watching them right now.

Awesome list of anime. You should definitely give Monster and Steins;Gate a watch, because it seems we have similar tastes.

Takashi

Thanks for the recommendations guys.

I actually wanted to watch Monster a while back but I saw it was around 70 episodes. So I looked up people's opinions to see if it was worth it (avoiding spoilers of course) and saw some people saying that there were a lot of filler episodes, but that they were kinda part of the big buildup of the plot. I'm not sure if the eps were indeed filler, or were people just complaining about a slow paced buildup?

nozomi and kon god no

Good answer, we can be friends now!

soul_and_blackstar_gif_by_infamoussubzero-d6ce1e4.gif

People tend to say the original Soul Society arc was the best because most (some would say every) after that follow its storyline pretty closely. Also, the Arrancar arc dragged for soooooo long that it put a lot of people off by the time we finally got to the battle for Karakura town.

But yeah, early Bleach is very similar to the first two episodes of the fullbringer arc. High school shenanigans, slapstick comedy, and the occasional hollow purification. I'm enjoying it.

Seda

As I say to every junior, threadwhining and hiveminding are typically the reasons new members get banned. Don't state that a thread is stupid or worthless ("not threadworthy") and don't generalize the forum or a group of people on the forum ("GAF is a bunch of losers", "so-and-so Fanboys are obnoxious", etc). These can be only minor bans for full members but juniors aren't so lucky.

But what Tanamon said is basically the bottom line.

Enjoy your stay.

Thanks for the recommendations guys.

I actually wanted to watch Monster a while back but I saw it was around 70 episodes. So I looked up people's opinions to see if it was worth it (avoiding spoilers of course) and saw some people saying that there were a lot of filler episodes, but that they were kinda part of the big buildup of the plot. I'm not sure if the eps were indeed filler, or were people just complaining about a slow paced buildup?

It's because basically Monster is half-action mystery and half slice of life. The "filler" they are talking about is all world building imo. Really draws into the world that the author created.

BBboy20

Oh man oh man

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=817978

There will be blood flowing down the streets today~
Meh

(coming from someone who felt like his world was falling apart from the Bone reveal to E3).

I just wanna see more Lily Bergamo :(
All it takes is a US release date to get me a PS4.

Microsoft finally came to their fucking senses? Well I'll be damned. Too little. too late
I couldn't even watch that video after mentioning "more choice" and "feedback".

Caleb got me some tickets for the Thrursday showing of Godzilla. Probably my most anticipated day (until Bayonetta 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy come around). Also pre-ordered Mario Kart 8 because of that poster and Senran Kangra Versus because of XSEED (and it being a physical/limited edition)...is this place really just Off-Topic until Saturday/Sunday nights?

Takashi

Good answer, we can be friends now!

Also, the Arrancar arc dragged for soooooo long that it put a lot of people off by the time we finally got to the battle for Karakura town.

tumblr_inline_n2k4crunkj1sygg5m.gif

Yeah I remember when that was airing on adultswim and it draaaagged, but it got worse because then IIRC bleach got to the end of grimmjow I think and then they started repeating them. ugh

-snip-

Enjoy your stay.

Thanks for the heads up :)

edit: Im gonna try and find some time to try and run through monster then, sounds like the build up has a massive payoff

Welcome.
Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Edit: Definitely agree with rule number 4: Stay out of gaming during E3. Except for live thread reactions.

Hey ToonamiGAF, been lurking since way back when InuyashaGAF
rip
was comprised of about 2 or 3 posters lol. But it's pretty cool seeing both the thread and the block grow to what it is now, and the whole group watch and reading reactions is awesome.

Most of what toonami/adultswim has shown I've probably seen or at least generally know what is about. As far as general anime though, I've seen more than your casual watcher, but I haven't seen nearly as much as you guys.

Anyway I was kinda hoping I would be activated before AoT's premiere, but no big deal, joining you guys at the 3rd episode is just as fine so looking forward to that. I've already watched it and kept up with the manga, but I think watching it on toonami is a different experience, like something to look forward to if that makes sense.
Welcome.
Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Edit: Definitely agree with rule number 4: Stay out of gaming during E3. Except for live thread reactions.

Persona7

Banned
Attack On Titan airs at 11:30? I wish I knew that the last two weeks. I thought it was later. I have to watch them as they air now because my cable provider/cartoon network suck and won't put any new episodes on demand until months later and in SD.

Tenumi

Banned
That's what hummingbirds for

I've got my MAL, my AnimePlanet, my Hummingbird, all caught up, yet I still have issues remembering what I'm watching/reading, and I can go weeks forgetting that I was watching a show.

Speaking of, I need to get back to Dragonball soon. Finished the first disk and forgot to start the second...

Amikami

Banned
rip
was comprised of about 2 or 3 posters lol. But it's pretty cool seeing both the thread and the block grow to what it is now, and the whole group watch and reading reactions is awesome.

Most of what toonami/adultswim has shown I've probably seen or at least generally know what is about. As far as general anime though, I've seen more than your casual watcher, but I haven't seen nearly as much as you guys.

Anyway I was kinda hoping I would be activated before AoT's premiere, but no big deal, joining you guys at the 3rd episode is just as fine so looking forward to that. I've already watched it and kept up with the manga, but I think watching it on toonami is a different experience, like something to look forward to if that makes sense.

Hey there. Always great to have new members aboard. Enjoy yourself. And others have said it but I'll say it again anyway. Stay safe around these boards. It gets touchy around E3. I know members irl who joined for E3, and was gone before the end of the conferences just because things got a little too heated and tempers rose. Stick with us. We're a friendly group. :3

Man God

Non-Canon Member
E3 isn't even that ban happy anymore unless there is a significant betrayalton.

What it is though is death to the forums usability. I preferred the years where they shut off the OT early and got rid of avatars and the like to the ones where it crashed a bunch and then they did that.

Persona7

Banned
Now, I need to stay on schedule and watch toonami. I always try but I always end up not being home or doing something else and forgetting.

rip

Welcome Takashi, two time IGPX champ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom