• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
lyxBfiz.jpg

One of the rare moments when I glance over at gaming side.

Nintendo wins E3, as other systems simply present expected sequels to the things you thought they were doing anyway!

Oh yeah Mamoru is totally a UnkaPhil, but he denies it.

Totally need to expose Yamcha to the craziness of modern day anime, and watch him unaffected by 75% of it's female cast, thinking most of them look like Roricon characers. Anime industry realizes it's missteps, a return to retro Macross and Fist of the North Star styles overtakes the industry for the next decade or so.

MikeMyers

Totally need to expose Yamcha to the craziness of modern day anime, and watch him unaffected by 75% of it's female cast, thinking most of them look like Roricon characers. Anime industry realizes it's missteps, a return to retro Macross and Fist of the North Star styles overtakes the industry for the next decade or so.

Furuya is still living it old-school with DBZ, SM, and Saint Seiya back.

Perhaps an Amuro Ray comeback is needed?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I actually learned the name of that a while back, it's called "perspective incorrect texturing" (or as TV Tropes puts it, Unmoving Plaid). Shaft likes to do this sometimes like with Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei or the Monogatari stuff.

BATDAMN IT, ninja'd.

Did someone mention monogatari.

foxuzamaki

So ive been reading gamingside all day at work and this was literally the worse day of gaf I have ever seen.

Totally! (-_-; ) Gaming discussion is such a hassle lately. "SHOCK! XB1 game lower resolution, already confirmed to look like DINOSAUR DUNG, confirmed!" Pixel counting, political statements that might or might not be intended, and blowing everything out of proportion... I just wanna talk about GAMES again, ha.

What what wut wat? You don't care that this 30fps or 900p?

bigkrev

In regards to Mario Kart, I played the game with someone who gave the game a score less than 9/10 2 weekends ago, and due to the fact that I never play MK, did not even realize that Battle mode was totally fucked up. The stuff I did notice was the framerate not being solid in 4p mode and the amount of customization really seemed like too much for a quick pick-up and play multiplayer. (WHY DO I HAVE TO CHOOSE FROM LIKE 6 DIFFERENT PARACHUTES/GLIDERS?!?!). Also, the fact that we could not 5player with 4 plus the gamepad was super dumb.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
NeoGAF: Come for the Gaming Discussion. Stay for Off-Topic.

And yet the Gaming side is still better than a good number of forums out there...

foxuzamaki

I dont think seda posted not one post in that mod praise thread last week, even though he was mentioned a few times.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Furuya is still living it old-school with DBZ, SM, and Saint Seiya back.

Perhaps an Amuro Ray comeback is needed?

Amuro never dies, he just hides out in Gundam games until he's called upon for something else. However... it's probably time to call him back for Gundam: One Year War Again, or something of that sort... I'd watch it!

What what wut wat? You don't care that this 30fps or 900p?

Not really, no! XD Not to the degree of most of gaming side. They seem to get WAY more out of resolution wars than actual gameplay, game design, or anything truly significant.

It's funny to me, because I was the person in my group of friends who'd notice a lot of these things back in the day. So I understand their significance in general. But it just seems so comically overblown!

Talking about games no NeoGAF when would we ever do that SAB :p

Next you're gonna say we should actually go play some, crazy!

NeoGardeningAllianceForums, the best place for Cake decorating and antiquing tips!! BELIEVE.

Godzilla is pretty good. Looks like I missed gaming side shenanigans. Cool.

Blah everyone I know online who's seen it loves it and the reviews have largely been positive... yet despite this all my friends and family who have admitted "it looks good" don't want to go with me to see it because "ehh 1998 Godzilla sucked/was enough for them"

AHHHHH

bigkrev

Blah everyone I know online who's seen it loves it and the reviews have largely been positive... yet despite this all my friends and family who have admitted "it looks good" don't want to go with me to see it because "ehh 1998 Godzilla sucked/was enough for them"

AHHHHH

I don't know if i'll get anyone to come with me, but I don't care, I'm seeing this.

Also, with all the bad shit in gaming, there is some good stuff, like SuperHot getting fully funded in 24 hours

Raxus

"Racist/Homophobic" Far Cry cover
"Racist" Mario Kart
"Lol(l)ies" in TLoU/Walking Dead

He wears a pink suit? HE MUST BE GAY!

The cover art is pretty boss. One of my favorite cover arts in a long long time.

The loli thread gave me a mini aneurysm. It has to be a troll thread.

MikeMyers

Why she punching best character Oolong?

Amuro never dies, he just hides out in Gundam games until he's called upon for something else. However... it's probably time to call him back for Gundam: One Year War Again, or something of that sort... I'd watch it!

Furuya never ages as well! He really is the great Newtype. Too bad Bright Noa is dead.

Interestingly, in another interview I read, Furuya list his top five most important roles: Hyūma Hoshi, Amuro Ray, Yamcha, Tuxedo Kamen, and Saint Seiya. I would have thought Amuro Ray would be #1!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
tumblr_n5ev9vcw591tx9dtlo3_r1_400.gif

HAIL THE GREAT DESTROYER SATAN, THE DEVOURER OF SOULS AND THE TRUE KING OF GAMES

tumblr_n5ev9vcw591tx9dtlo1_r1_400.gif

HEAR ME SATAN

tumblr_n5ev9vcw591tx9dtlo2_r1_400.gif

ANSWER MY PRAYERS!

Takashi

Holy shit thanks! I'd been looking for that track for fucking ever. Back in middle school we'd have these book fairs and I bought a copy of Shonen Jump (how I learned about Naruto), and it had a demo disc for that Yugioh game and I played the shit out of it. Every time I would remember that track I'd search on youtube but guess I didn't look hard enough lol.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Why she punching best character Oolong?

Furuya never ages as well! He really is the great Newtype. Too bad Bright Noa is dead.

Interestingly, in another interview I read, Furuya list his top five most important roles: Hyūma Hoshi, Amuro Ray, Yamcha, Tuxedo Kamen, and Saint Seiya. I would have thought Amuro Ray would be #1!

You never get enough payback for wasting a Shenron wish on Pantsu. Punched in face till the end of time!

Hm, I'll be in the general vicinity of Furuya at Animazment next weekend. That ALSO means they'll be no Sketch Dump from me on the 24th/25th! Hm, maybe I'll try and do SOMETHING at least. Yay I get to sit in on another KOTOKO concert, heh heh. "I haven't seen Shakugan No Shana yet, play Shooting Star again!"

Has Hyuma his first role, perhaps? I guess there's more Japanese-centric weight to such a role, even moreso than the legendary Gundam...

bigkrev

Holy shit thanks! I'd been looking for that track for fucking ever. Back in middle school we'd have these book fairs and I bought a copy of Shonen Jump (how I learned about Naruto), and it had a demo disc for that Yugioh game and I played the shit out of it. Every time I would remember that track I'd search on youtube but guess I didn't look hard enough lol.

apparently, it was ONLY in the Demo, which is why the song is so hard to find! And it makes the girls c** in their panties!

MikeMyers

Wait, you are meeting him? Perhaps you can get something done for me. Check your PMs in a bit.

Oolong just makes me laugh with his grump and wimpy attitude. I was really bothered he got shafted after the first arc, because even Puar got stuff to do in the Urani Baba arc! One of my favourite scenes is when Puar and Oolong try to fool the bad guys in DB Movie 2 by turning into the villains, but then Oolong's transformation wears off and the other villain see him in his true form. Yamcha and Puar's reaction is hilarious. Oh and hey, his wish did save the world!

Takashi

apparently, it was ONLY in the Demo, which is why the song is so hard to find! And it makes the girls c** in their panties!

Man that's lucky I got to hear it again then! But why leave out such a sexy ass track from the game?

Speaking of, I heard the card game is quite complex
er
now. Apparently now you need a motorcycle to even play.

Takashi

I haven't seen a lot of it, but from what I have yes it's really good. Although a lot of the references and jokes are Japanese, so idk how well they would translate if at all.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wait, you are meeting him? Perhaps you can get something done for me. Check your PMs in a bit.

Oolong just makes me laugh with his grump and wimpy attitude. I was really bothered he got shafted after the first arc, because even Puar got stuff to do in the Urani Baba arc! One of my favourite scenes is when Puar and Oolong try to fool the bad guys in DB Movie 2 by turning into the villains, but then Oolong's transformation wears off and the other villain see him in his true form. Yamcha and Puar's reaction is hilarious. Oh and hey, his wish did save the world!

KNluKEK.gif

LOLDSFAN

Gaming side going crazy again? Well good thing I'm on vacation right now.

Oh and to the Adventure Time stuff... I've only seen bits and pieces of it. I don't really watch American cartoons anyway. So I have no strong opinion either on if it's good or not. I hear it has a pretty big cult following though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom