• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Things are quiet today.

1Ql9dMZ.gif

Things are quiet today.

I don't know about y'all but those of us in the DC/MD/NoVA region are pretty much snorkling our way to our computers as we speak.

In truth, just a busy day at work for me and trying to keep up with the news that my living room has been flooded during the rains.

It's been a rough one for me :(

Xbox red ringed last Saturday.
Almost cut the top of my finger off on the x-clamps inside it trying to repair it myself.
On Tuesday, some clown barrelled down on me while I was attempting to make a turn into my apartment complex. Ended up taking the turn sharper than expected to get out of the way and I blew a tire when my wheel hit the curb.
Now my apartment is currently getting the water extracted from the carpeting after being flooded due to the monsoon we had last night and this morning.

Has NOT been a good time lol.

daveo42

Banned
I'll be biking to the comic shop today and finishing Child of Light tonight.

The thread just because a twitter feed :lol

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've been trying to see just how much I can improve in MH3U by using just the resources available to me as someone who just ranked up and can feasibly do solo.

So far I've completed the Jagi and Wroggi S armors and using an event quest and a lot of luck made a Remalgalypse, my first blue sharpness weapon.

I then went back today and did the next quest in single player in about five minutes.

Tamanon

Banned
After a week of rest after finals, my fiance is finally coming back from a two week trip today, with her mother, brother and his girlfriend who are all visiting from Ecuador. They'll be with us here for a few days, but I'll miss Toonami because we're heading to the beach on Saturday.

Levyne

Banned
After a week of rest after finals, my fiance is finally coming back from a two week trip today, with her mother, brother and his girlfriend who are all visiting from Ecuador. They'll be with us here for a few days, but I'll miss Toonami because we're heading to the beach on Saturday.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Worth missing Toonami for.

I will speak well of Bleach in your absence :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Returned from the flea market with Kirby Super Star Ultra ($10, will hold me until Triple Deluxe arrives in the mail), Dirge of Cerberus: FF7 for $2, & an Odyssey 2 system with 4 games & "The Voice" for $23.

Also saw an old Game Boy with 8 (rather decent) games, but it was freakin' $50.

Raxus

If I can be honest. I am actually kind of enjoying the new Bleach episodes if only for the fact we are focusing on the core cast more (sans Chad lol) and it is nice hanging out somewhere that has nothing to do with the soul society.

Seda

If I can be honest. I am actually kind of enjoying the new Bleach episodes if only for the fact we are focusing on the core cast more (sans Chad lol) and it is nice hanging out somewhere that has nothing to do with the soul society.

Yep, the absence of the Soul Society is boosting my enjoyment a bit.

Just finished cleaning out the hot tub which sucks, but hey I get to use the hot tub again woo now if only I could figure out a way to set up Toonami outside...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Little did Bass know that his hot tub was actually a time machine! Just like that one movie about people who travel to the past using a silly method!
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3!

Also, Funimation is now 20 years old. & there's a sale to celebrate as well. Surreal to learn that they licensed DBZ just 2 days before my 3rd birthday. & almost a week ago was the 10th anniversary of FMA getting licensed.

I kinda wish there was more locations in Bleach than just the SS, HM, and Karakru(SP?) Town. Makes the Bleach universe seem small.
But then Ichigo & friends without the Soul Reapers is fine by mean

bigkrev

What was bad about it you're the first person I've heard who didn't like it

You know how the trailer made it look like a super grounded, gritty movie more like a disaster movie than a cartoon? Without spoiling anything, none of that is present. There is no need for any of the characters in the movie- there really isn't a plot- just a series of scenes where things happen for no real reason. The main character of the movie is built up to be special, but
he never actually does anything!

The monster fighting, when the film decides to show it (they LOVE cutting away to pointless scenes that have no bearing on the plot as soon as monsters encounter each other for the most part), is spectacular, without any use of shakey cam and awesome sound. I would recommend if you plan on seeing this to show up about 90 minutes after the starting time so you miss most of the really bad stuff, and only get the cool action scenes.

Is it Godzilla 98 bad? No, but it isn't much better. It fails to be "scary", it fails to be "fun", it just... is.

So what you're saying is that it's a Godzilla film with ho hum acting and story which is only there to add drama until the big monsters are ready to fight and when said fighting happens the film is spectacular? Well now I'm more hyped to see it

bigkrev

BTW, about no one else agreeeing with my opinion, the last few pages of the OT (ie, the people who didn't see it at midnight/aren't gigantic fans) are having mixed opinions.

BTW, about no one else agreeeing with my opinion, the last few pages of the OT (ie, the people who didn't see it at midnight/aren't gigantic fans) are having mixed opinions.

Pacific Rim had "mixed" opinions as well and while the films problems were fairly accurate, it's be kind of like bitching that wrestling is fake fighting or supid/overly dramatic its like "...yeah no shit you're watching wrestling" that's how I feel reading these complaints. 95% of monster movies have sup par acting and a story that is mostly there as an excuse for a monster to destroy/kill things.

The biggest red flag is when I hear complaints ala cloverfield where "the action is too hard to see due to shaky cam" or stuff like "too much fake/bad looking cg". As long as the film doesn't insult my intelligence with bad jokes or bad action scenes (aka bay transformers) I'll probably be happy with it.

bigkrev

Pacific Rim had "mixed" opinions as well and while the films problems were fairly accurate, it's be kind of like bitching that wrestling is fake fighting or supid/overly dramatic its like "...yeah no shit you're watching wrestling" that's how I feel reading these complaints. 95% of monster movies have sup par acting and a story that is mostly there as an excuse for a monster to destroy/kill things.

The biggest red flag is when I hear complaints ala cloverfield where "the action is too hard to see due to shaky cam" or stuff like "too much fake/bad looking cg". As long as the film doesn't insult my intelligence with bad jokes or bad action scenes (aka bay transformers) I'll probably be happy with it.

I adored Pacific Rim. This movie isn't in the same solar system as Pacific Rim

bigkrev

I don't think people hated Pacific Rim, just no one saw it. I can't fathom who greenlit that film with that budget- anyone with a brain knew that most people would not want to see it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It made its budget back domestically and was a hit overseas, I think I heard a sequel was in the works (after some hemming and hawing by the studio of course.)

Pacific Rim's worst aspect was the acting, especially Mako. Really made the movie more of a chore than it should have been.

Still saw it twice in IMAX 3D though.

Crocodile

I don't think people hated Pacific Rim, just no one saw it. I can't fathom who greenlit that film with that budget- anyone with a brain knew that most people would not want to see it.

I dunno man, I feel like every three months or so in OT there's a topic akin to "Pacific Rim gave me HIV!!!!" and then it goes on for pages with people talking about how awful/amazing the film was (with no middle ground opinion). Some people clearly hated the film (some for legit reasons but a lot of it felt like it just wasn't the type of movie for them).

Bass, DTL agrees with me https://twitter.com/27CansOfTuna/status/467440015874596864

I don't know what this means

No disrespect to DTL, he's probably a great guy IRL, but I can't take his opinions on entertainment media at all seriously. When he says something is good in AnimeGaf, I know that actually means the probability I think it is or would think it is garbage is about 99.99%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom