• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

I agree with what people said eariler bout Toonami moving on from DBZ. Leave it in the past. I love it too and I know it's requested but I think it's time to move on people

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
so is there a plot relevant reason why ichigos sister is so thirsty for him? or is it just pandering? yes or no would suffice

Pandering. We don't ever see them outside of a few scenes here and there. He could be an only child and it wouldn't change anything at all.

I am aware of the status of DBZ, I am aware of how it got to prominence, I am also aware that it is ancient and should not be the defining personality of Toonami for all time.
It doesn't matter if DBZ is 'ancient' man, people want it. You sound like you just have a personal issue with the show and aren't looking at how it would benefit the block/the majority of toonami's audience. Guess you'll have to go do something else for 30 minutes once Kai starts airing in the fall.

daveo42

Banned
But you liked SAO so this should be right up your ally

Y8reiVX.jpg

It needs more harems and sisters who are a part of them.

Pandering. We don't ever see them outside of a few scenes here and there. He could be an only child and it wouldn't change anything at all.

Don't worry Kubo will bring both into this final arc and give them a fight with shikai/bankai powers
and then they'll lose and dad will show up and reveal his bankai and win

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It doesn't matter if DBZ is 'ancient' man, people want it. You sound like you just have a personal issue with the show and aren't looking at how it would benefit the block/the majority of toonami's audience. Guess you'll have to go do something else for 30 minutes once Kai starts airing in the fall.

I do have my issues with the show this is true, especially the Buu Arc, but I have a legitimately bigger issue with the idea that Toonami is nothing without DBZ.

Takashi

oddly enough i thought bleach wouldve been above just pandering the sis bro angle. welp

time for speed racer to cleanse palatte

edit: oh ok thanks, thats what i meant by plot relevant

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
so is there a plot relevant reason why ichigos sister is so thirsty for him? or is it just pandering? yes or no would suffice

She's not thirsty for him, just a concerned close little sister. That said, it's laying it on thick to establish something for later.

Dandy is very open about his masturbation habits, unlike Ichigo.

Facebook joke isn't apparent yet I gather, I suppose it's an annoying tease of a future event.

Aizen because he looks like Aizen sorta at times.

His face is always in that book. Facebook. Not anime fan's most clever nickname.

daveo42

Banned
I'd be glad for Kai to come back to Toonami. It doesn't need to come home, but it fits in well and was one of the driving forces that made what toonami is today.

I miss Viva Namida...

Dandy comes all the time. For boobies

Kai has also never been aired Uncut.

Toonami INTENSIFIES

What is this Facebook / Aizen joke? I must be blind.

Facebook joke isn't apparent yet I gather, I suppose it's an annoying tease of a future event.

Aizen because he looks like Aizen sorta at times.

Yeah it's an upcoming tease/spoiler :/ people here are impatient and forgot not everyone has seen/read this before. It's annoying for me as someone who has read it before

Seriously, fuck DBZ, it isn't wanted nor is it needed, we have enough endless shonen to dine upon already.

Isn't wanted? I suggest checking Twitter out. You know what isn't wanted? Blue Exorcist and Beware the Batman. Get that shit out of here.

"Nobody wants DBZ" he says...lmfao.

I do have my issues with the show this is true, especially the Buu Arc, but I have a legitimately bigger issue with the idea that Toonami is nothing without DBZ.

if they didn't have Naruto back i'd say you have a point, but since they do have it i kinda think the "don't let past shows define Toonami" ship has sailed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom