• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL is this some kind of joke post? There's no reason to prefer the original over Kai unless you were like a huge fan of the filler. The rework does wonders for the shows pacing and the Kai dub is the best version of the dub out there. ALSO, BTW Gohan is voiced by a woman in Japanese too. He's always sounded girly :p

I'm 30. I grew up buying 3rd generation DBZ VHS subs from shady dudes that smelled like pot at flea markets. I know my DBZ. Kai sucks. The re-done coloring sucks, the script is admittedly better, but the changes to the cast suck, the music sucks so bad it hurts (I like Faulconer AND the original Japanese OST) and that theme song is the lamest thing ever.

I like the filler episodes.

daveo42

Banned
They'll probably air it at 2/2:30 so they can get away with a bit more

All those shows will air on new Toonami eventually

That would be a fantastic block, but do they have the budget yet to get all of those shows on the same block? Probably not. I could see us getting half of that list now and the rest later on.

I'm 30. I grew up buying 3rd generation DBZ VHS subs from shady dudes that smelled like pot at flea markets. I know my DBZ. Kai sucks. The re-done coloring sucks, the script is admittedly better, but the changes to the cast suck, the music sucks so bad it hurts (I like Faulconer AND the original Japanese OST) and that theme song is the lamest thing ever.

I like the filler episodes.

You realize the English version is basically the Japanese version localized... it's the same cheesey song in Japanese you just don't understand Japanese

And the OST is the same

And the VA is way better your nostalgia is blinding you

Actually everything about Kai is better, you're just hating

Space Dandy has been watching this tape a lot.

thumb.png

Yea, no, I am not going to get over my DBZ fatigue, Toonami can benefit from shows that are fresh and new and what the block should be about, if them bring DBZ in, let them air it at the back end where it belongs.

Fresh and new? Like Naruto Uncut, Shippuden, Bleach, Brotherhood, Ghost in the Shell, etc? I don't see you making this argument when One Piece comes on either.

What toonami needs is shows that will bring them high ratings. That foundation allows them the freedom to experiment.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"I didn't mean to do that" KABOOM

You realize the English version is basically the Japanese version localized... it's the same cheesey song in Japanese you just don't understand Japanese

And the OST is the same

And the VA is way better your nostalgia is blinding you

Actually everything about Kai is better, you're just hating

Fun fact: Kai Gohan is Luffy.

Because it isn't an inevitability.

badnewsbarrett-png.2170

That would be a fantastic block, but do they have the budget yet to get all of those shows on the same block? Probably not. I could see us getting half of that list now and the rest later on.

Well considering right now they have the money to air

Attack on Titan
Bleach
Naruto Shippuden
One Piece
Blue Exorcist
Black Lagoon

I don't think it's impossible to see a good chunk of those shows at the same time, especially now that Toonami has gotten bigger and companies seem to want their shows on the block to increase DVD sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom