• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the choice between that or DBZ, I choose Fairy Tail, because Fairy Tail has not had it chance on television, DBZ has, and will continue to do so.
You've got to get over your DBZ fatigue. The bottom line is that it would benefit the block so they could have more money for new aquisitions/promos/music vids/collaborations and satisfy a large fan base. Not sure why anyone wouldn't want toonami to be as successful as possible. Just do something else for 30 minutes.

Neoxon

honestly with how fast Aniplex is moving along with the dub i kinda feel like we might get it
They seem to be taking their sweet time with the dub of P3: Spring of Birth.

Hopefully they're faster with the rest of the P3 movie trilogy....& P4GA.

My question is why would they waste DBZ on Toonami when it probably would get better ratings Cartoon Network side.

Because they can show it uncut on Toonami, cut DBZ Kai on CN wouldn't do anything that Nicktoons wasn't already doing

Fairy Tail seems like something I'd only watch/get through because it is on Toonami.

I have made it past episod 1 in sub and dub but never any further. It is pretty much Blue Exorcist tier of passable but unremarkable shonen...expect much more fanservice....much more.

You make it sound like a bad thing :p

Oh, and the BBP name is used on the Dandy soundtrack.

BhvmTMwIAAADADU.jpg:medium

Crocodile

People who want Kai, please go run into the middle of the street during rush hour traffic.

Kai sucks. The Japanese version is alright but the dub sucks, they made Gohan sound like a little girl, and it just sucks. SUCKS. KAI SUCKS. IT SUCKS! THAT INTRO SONG IS AWFUL.

Please Understand.

LOL is this some kind of joke post? There's no reason to prefer the original over Kai unless you were like a huge fan of the filler. The rework does wonders for the shows pacing and the Kai dub is the best version of the dub out there. ALSO, BTW Gohan is voiced by a woman in Japanese too. He's always sounded girly :p

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, no, I am not going to get over my DBZ fatigue, Toonami can benefit from shows that are fresh and new and what the block should be about, if them bring DBZ in, let them air it at the back end where it belongs.

I can't handle anymore long running shows on Toonami.

Give me Kill La Kill and the new Sailor Moon not DBZ and Fairy Tail. It's already hard enough waiting for all the good shows at 2 AM.

daveo42

Banned
Nothing will get censored. There isn't actually any nudity in the show. Nothing that hasn't been on Toonami before.

They have censored shows in the past to air them. Outlaw Star and Tenchi are two examples that come to mind right now. And...while there isn't any definition, I can hardly see them getting away with keeping that intact. Plus a few of the scenes not might fly with the censors.

People who want Kai, please go run into the middle of the street during rush hour traffic.

Kai sucks. The Japanese version is alright but the dub sucks, they made Gohan sound like a little girl, and it just sucks. SUCKS. KAI SUCKS. IT SUCKS! THAT INTRO SONG IS AWFUL.

Please Understand.

We already had one person banned for trashing dubs and dub fans earlier today, as a junior you probably don't wanna play that game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom