• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nemu is there, she has Nanao's top and is in a school swimsuit.

b7DlJ2g.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I did not care for this episode of The Boondocks.

You can definitely feel the lack of Aaron McGruder in this episode.
If Boondocks is renewed again (they said it won't, but the massive ratings can change minds), they really should get him back. Pay him decadent amounts of money.

At least he has that Black Jesus show coming. Normally I don't like AS's live-action shows buuut this could be good.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It was quite an odd episode that doesn't seem to have any kind of real depth. It's just there to be very very odd.

It was definitely a bad episode.

It was basically the set-up for a future episode, also the Good Times jungle got old FAST!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah I merely had an okay time watching this week's Boondocks. Certainly not a great time or even a Good Time(s).

Silky

Banned
Is this new Boondocks episode bad to anyone else? Not feeling it. It's like, Chappelle's Show lost episodes bad.

daveo42

Banned
It was basically the set-up for a future episode, also the Good Times jungle got old FAST!

It was a pretty terrible setup though and the references to Good Times very meh. Next episode looks like it could be really good. Maybe we'll have a running plot thread all season.

bigkrev

I'm watching a random episode of Inuyasha after just learning the dub is free on Amazon Prime. I forgot how dumb/great this show is

Seda

Is this new Boondocks episode bad to anyone else? Not feeling it. It's like, Chappelle's Show lost episodes bad.

I don't think many were high on it. I feel like nothing happens in this episode.
It's mostly just a bunch of talking while Grandad gets into more and more debt because he's a doofus.

It's too early for me to call this bad but it certainly isn't living up to what I've come to expect. I can't put my finger on it but it just seems like the plot is developing at a snails pace.

Silky

Banned
Duuuude is this Tycho in an Adult Swim bump

It's too early for me to call this bad but it certainly isn't living up to what I've come to expect. I can't put my finger on it but it just seems like the plot is developing at a snails pace.

First episode was good. This one...meh

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Another part of this episode that felt off to me was the shoe-horning of "n***a moment" out of nowhere. It's like "People really liked that joke, let's use it here for no reason!"

There was also the overly-cartoony GOP. As bad as they are, even they would think Ruckus' casual racism would be too much.

Just looked on my TV guide, and it says One Piece comes on at 1:30 now. Looks like I'm going to have to stay up for an extra 30mins now. Welp, here we go.

daveo42

Banned
Woo!!!! Got the live stream up and running. Now I can watch it my room!!!

yeah, i feel like you don't need this much setup to get them to what happens at the end

It isn't. The next episode could have even worked as a stand alone with next to no setup at all. I have a bad feeling that the writers are going for more shock value than thought-provoking.

Gorillaz

Another part of this episode that felt off to me was the shoe-horning of "n***a moment" out of nowhere. It's like "People really liked that joke, let's use it here for no reason!"

There was also the overly-cartoony GOP. As bad as they are, even they would think Ruckus' casual racism would be too much.
It wss more cynical then it should have been for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom