• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Eren dreams of the world dominated by Titans beyond his city's massive walls, 17 months after Aizen's defeat Ichigo is enjoying his regular life in high school, Dandy takes in an alien orphan, Guy and Kakashi's teams try to break into the Akatsuki hideout, Nami and Chopper lead the people of Water 7 in a mad dash to try to stop the Sea Train from departing, Rin is sent to a town tormented by the Kraken, Rock and Revy handle chores around Roanapur, Ghost in the Shell's first season comes to a close as Togusa decides to take justice into his own hands, Haku makes a sacrifice, the Elric boys learn a thing or two about the miracle of life, Jack learns to jump good (what?), when a senator is poisoned Padme and Bail Organa try to track down the murderer, and the OTHER Titan show closes us out as the Galalunians find themselves a squishy pet.

11:30 - Attack on Titan - 1 - To You, After 2,000 Years: The Fall of Shiganshina, Part 1
12:00 - Bleach - 343 - 3rd Year High School Student! Dressed Up, and a New Chapter Begins!
12:30 - Space Dandy - 5 - A Merry Companion Is a Wagon in Space, Baby
1:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 18 - Charge Tactic! Button Hook Entry!!
1:30 - One Piece - 252 - The Steam Whistle Forces Friends Apart! The Sea Train Starts to Run!
2:00 - Blue Exorcist - 11 - Demon of the Deep
2:30 - Black Lagoon - 7 - Calm Down, Two Men
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 26 - STAND ALONE COMPLEX - END
3:30 - Naruto - 18 - The Weapons Known as Shinobi
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 11 - The Miracle at Rush Valley
4:30 - Samurai Jack - 14 - Jack Learns to Jump Good
5:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 37 - Senate Murders
5:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 9 - Tashy 497

LOLDSFAN

I knew AoT would be on TOONAMI so I haven't watched it.

Same here. (In old mans voice) It was the chosen one.

I don't know how people are going to resist from watching the rest of the season. Waiting every week for a new episode is going to be maddening.

School, work, friends, videogames, other anime, etc are all others things that can occupy your time and keep you busy so you're not thinking about a single show that you have to watch.

Then again school is ending soon for most so there could be more temptation in that regard. :p

daveo42

Banned
I'm completely caught up on the manga.
Have not seen a full episode of the anime. Just clips.

I should do that this evening. Been out cause it's nice and it's free comic book day.

BL was moved back to 230 now too?

ugggggh shit is getting later and later in the night. Last week I made it to Samurai Jack and that one racing show that ended. Barely. Passed out around GiTS I think

You'll survive. Making Jack at 430 is going to be the worst.

BBboy20

I think I'll live without reading the AoT manga right away; maybe I will one day but I'm in no rush to scratch the insane itch I have on the franchise's mysteries.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I couldn't stand watching more than the first ten minutes of this Batman series so we'll see next week if the group watch experience will aid my enjoyment. I have heard from people who stuck with it that it got better as it went along.

So did every single other Batman series, by the way. TAS started great and got even better, The Batman and BatB started rocky and ended up pretty good.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I know I say this a lot but tonight is a truly great night up and down the lineup. Even Shippuden starts to pick up the pace tonight.

Raxus

I know I say this a lot but tonight is a truly great night up and down the lineup. Even Shippuden starts to pick up the pace tonight.

Ehhhhhhh. I think it improves a bunch in a couple episodes. Shippuden animates its fights really well.

Go see it. It was stupid but entertaining.
Go see it. It is the greatest movie of all time
and the circle of GAF impressions is complete.

LOLDSFAN

I rarely watch toonami but I just wanted to drop in and say that whoever is running the toonami tumblr is killing it.

tumblr_n50147YO9z1rvb8cmo1_400.gif

Feeling that sexual tension on Tumblr.

daveo42

Banned
AoT anime flows a lot better than the manga. I'd stick with that right now. The manga is good as well, but I'm someone who can enjoy both.

Levyne

Banned
Seems about half and half to me. Though lots of people who have already seen it that aren't thread regulars may pop in.

To complain about the dub

I've never seen AoT so you can expect the most genuine of impressions from me.

I just hope I can make it to Black Lagoon. It's too late now.

Gorillaz

aren't you guys going to make a new thread for AoT or just leave it here

It seems like something that could be needed because it will be a whole different beast since it's a mix of people who saw it but are interested in the dub and new comers......but idk if worth it.

edit: probably won't make it to BL as much either depending on the night

It seems like something that could be needed because it will be a whole different beast since it's a mix of people who saw it but are interested in the dub and new comers......but idk if worth it.

We didn't make one for the world premier of dandy no reason to make one for attack on titan just use this thread

No, this is the toonami thread and Attack on Titan is now a toonami show.

I haven't seen any of AOT yet, Manga or Anime. Should be fun.

Also I do eat stuff during Toonami. Usually get some Mickey D's before OT starts. Helps to keep me awake and it it's the only thing within walking distance from my dorm.

Also I'm finished withk all of my finals. Moving out tommorow and heading home. :)

So do we have a date for Dandy's return? And if it comes back during Titan's run, which one gets the 11:30 spot? Sorry if this has been answered a bunch, I haven't been very active in the thread this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom