• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky

Banned
Ruckus can only carry a show for so much

Think about it like this; I'm more excited to see an episode of /Bleach/ then watch this. Jesus. What happened.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Just looked on my TV guide, and it says One Piece comes on at 1:30 now. Looks like I'm going to have to stay up for an extra 30mins now. Welp, here we go.

Gotta make room for Titan.
By doing that, Space Dandy is moved to 12:30 (11:30 here) and everything after is pushed ahead.

Meaning instead of the power hour of boring, we get the blah that is Blorch, the insanity of Space Dandy, and the Zzzzz of Sleep-puden. Then One Piece arrives to kick us awake.

Ruckus can only carry a show for so much

Think about it like this; I'm more excited to see an episode of /Bleach/ then watch this. Jesus. What happened.

An Uncle Ruckus movie almost happened. Almost. The Kickstarter didn't meet its goal.
Imagine 90 minutes of him... that'd be too much.

By doing that, Space Dandy is moved to 12:30 (11:30 here) and everything after is pushed ahead.

Meaning instead of the power hour of boring, we get the blah that is Blorch, the insanity of Space Dandy, and the Zzzzz of Sleep-puden. Then One Piece arrives to kick us awake.

Bleach is back in canon and this next arc is pretty good, and considering the anime went "fuck it we're being can'd" it looks to have pretty good pacing

Yup, we're getting Attack on Titan in case you haven't heard the news. Should be a fun night.

And I thought I would be happy to see Attack on Titan on Toonami. You can mees with a lot of shows on Toonami, but not my One Piece.
Still excited to see AOT though.

eh. i actually have some hope for this Bleach arc after last episode. though i'm sorta hoping they explain why Rukia can't just use a........whatever it's called to hang out with Ichigo.

daveo42

Banned
And I thought I would be happy to see Attack on Titan on Toonami. You can mees with a lot of shows on Toonami, but not my One Piece.
Still excited to see AOT though.

Holy shit I love your avatar. Glad to see someone else likes Clarence.

Later One Piece is ok, but really they need to move back Naruto or Bleach.

BatDan

I think I figured out the biggest problem with this episode.
This is less a Boondocks episode and more of a show that purposely screws over the main characters in convoluted ways. Like Malcolm in the Middle or... ... shit I can't think of another one now. I mean shows where the main characters are always miserable and any attempt at happiness is usually snuffed away.

I think Ruckus was funny maybe in the first season but the idea/act behind him is old and tired, his behavior is less outrageous or funny and more "White people probably watch this to laugh at the racist things he say and honestly I know many self hating black people it may not be as overt but it's there" .

Man God

Non-Canon Member
eh. i actually have some hope for this Bleach arc after last episode. though i'm sorta hoping they explain why Rukia can't just use a........whatever it's called to hang out with Ichigo.

Or you know the fact that Kon/Ichigo's dad, one if not both of his sisters, Orihime, Chad, Uryu could all see her and translate.

well, i dunno. not being able to physically see her and talk to her normally is a big enough deal that i think it warranted the goodbye.

I think it'd be one of those too painful things, I dunno I guess it didn't really occur to me when reading the arc

Welp, I'm going to have to give that episode a 3/10. It was just...boring. Nothing of significance happened and the references to Good Times flew way over my head, I feel like this episode doesn't really mesh well with their target demographic. Many of the jokes felt forced, like the n-word moment piece batdan pointed out, while others dragged on too long. Oh well, next week looks promising.

I don't know, I'd rather just say that was a bad episode and not lament the season as a whole just yet you know, the first episode was entertaining.

BatDan

I am really afraid that this entire season is going to be bad, like Community Season 4 bad.

Producers will never learn that doing a show without the main creative force behind will almost always end in disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom