• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Water you guys doing?

tumblr_n5otg8YDZl1rufpmfo1_1280.png

Needed an excuse to post this.

I guess I make the clear distinction between sitcom and comedy even though there really isn't much different between the two. I guess the line for me is the "live studio audience/laugh track" being included and the potential for live unscripted events.

I'm a huge fan of Sunny and AD, but passed that I haven't really watched all that much else that fall into the realm of television comedies. I guess I should throw in a few others comedies that have been good, like Boondocks, Rick and Morty, Archer, and Futurama (prior to the movies).

Y u no scrubs or Malcolm in the middle or undeclared

ckohler

Just FYI, Kill la Kill is now available on Netflix (US).

Although if you haven't seen it, you should wait for the dub to air on Toonami (hopefully).

I already posted BH90210.

Wait, AdventureMike, I gotta ask....Brenda/Dylan or Kelly/Dylan? There is only one right answer.

Sorry Mike, your image actually isn't coming up on my office computer (sometimes the feds like to block stuff.) So I hadn't seen it. My bad!

Also, to answer your question, Brenda/Dylan. I am already biased and predisposed to like brunettes better than blondes. Also, I feel that Brenda/Dylan were made for each other. Kelly had the market cornered on bimbo-ness. Dylan deserved a classier level of lady.

MikeMyers

Sorry Mike, your image actually isn't coming up on my office computer (sometimes the feds like to block stuff.) So I hadn't seen it. My bad!

Also, to answer your question, Brenda/Dylan. I am already biased and predisposed to like brunettes better than blondes. Also, I feel that Brenda/Dylan were made for each other. Kelly had the market cornered on bimbo-ness. Dylan deserved a classier level of lady.

YOU MADE THE RIGHT DECISION!

Yeah, they seemed to really like Kelly because the show became all about her. I'm pretty sure at one point every male wanted her, turned into a real-life harem.

YOU MADE THE RIGHT DECISION!

Yeah, they seemed to really like Kelly because the show became all about her. I'm pretty sure at one point every male wanted her, turned into a real-life harem.

The 90s really liked blondes.

I realize that is a very vague statement and you could argue otherwise all day, but in my perception of pop culture through TV, ads, magazines, etc. growing up during that time, it felt like blondes were being pushed as the ideal woman. Everyone was all about the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders or Heather Locklear or Pam Anderson.

MikeMyers

The 90s really liked blondes.

I realize that is a very vague statement and you could argue otherwise all day, but in my perception of pop culture through TV, ads, magazines, etc. growing up during that time, it felt like blondes were being pushed as the ideal woman. Everyone was all about the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders or Heather Locklear or Pam Anderson.

Really? I seem to remember people preferred Kelly over Jessie.

Also, Heather Locklear lives near me.

daveo42

Banned
Y u no scrubs or Malcolm in the middle or undeclared

Never really got into Scrubs but some of the episodes I have seen were pretty good. Same with Malcolm in the Middle, which does great social commentary. I don't think I've seen Undeclared. Sorry. Still, I don't classify these as sitcoms based on my description above.

it actually works well in this thread. thanks bishop.

Really? I seem to remember people preferred Kelly over Jessie.

I was actually thinking of that same thing. Yeah, she definitely was the preferance on SBTB but when I think of just about any other show or ad, the blonde seemed to always be pushed as the fun party girl who is going to give you great sex. She was the popular gal and the prom queen while brunettes generally were the more subtle bookish types. Not necessarily nerds, but they were more about brains.

MikeMyers

I was actually thinking of that same thing. Yeah, she definitely was the preferance on SBTB but when I think of just about any other show or ad, the blonde seemed to always be pushed as the fun party girl who is going to give you great sex. She was the popular gal and the prom queen while brunettes generally were the more subtle bookish types. Not necessarily nerds, but they were more about brains.

I was pretty happy when they brought Valerie to be a rival to Kelly.

But I was pretty mad that Brenda left

Crocodile

Well these last few pages have been crazy O_O I agree with the general sentiment though that Fresh Prince of Bel-Air holds up amongst the best of all the classic sitcoms. Super rewatchable. I always wonder if it was a show that could be remade/replicated but then I remember that what's his face (Will's son) doesn't have even an ounce of the swag his father did back in his youth and James Avery is dead and those two were the backbone of that show :(

@Bass: I'm late on this but whatever, go to Alaska!

@AdventureMike: That avatar? Why? What was the bet exactly?

So what do you guys think of the new plot developments in Hyrule Warriors?

What you did there.........I see it :p

I'm certainly more interested now that I was when the game was first announced/revealed. I really just wish the conversation about the game wasn't so dominated by breasts - both the "ZOMG SO HOT" and the "I'm offended and Nintendo should be ashamed of themselves" crowds (I'm employing some hyperbole but the general sentiments remain the same). We've all breasts before and they aren't even outside the realm of variation you'd see in a Nintendo or Zelda game. People nee to CHILL :(

@AdventureMike: That avatar? Why? What was the bet exactly?

I bet that AoT could hit 2 million viewers within its first 3 episodes. AoT was a very high profile (for Toonami) premiere. It has name recognition from the last year or more and is very popular amongst anime enthusiasts on the internet. Outside of something like a re-airing of DBZ, I thought it might actually make it. So with that confidence I decided to bet my avatar on it. The avatar you see is a collaboration of shameful ToonamiGAFfer's ideas and I made it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Team Ninja knows breasts but its not like 3D Zelda has been immune to a little upper body love...well besides Wind Waker.

Soul isnt that bad a name at all, it's not like there aren't a a thousand Aryas, Danearys, Bellas, Targaryens, Starks, Hermiones,Bellatrixes, etc. People like naming their kids after the media they watch and it's certainly not as bad as going with Luffy, Naruto or Goku/Vegeta. People like to talk about made up names, or wrong spellings but they fail to realize *all* names were made up, some used to be wrong spellings decades/centuries ago and are now consider normal, some came from media, books ,folklore, different cultures (and translated with different spellings) , etc of the time (heck most people name their kids from biblical figures) it's not something new or uncommon or weird. Also it bothers me when people judge parents for weird arbitrary reasons while a lot of child abuse, bad parenting, etc are ignored or remain socially acceptable, but that's just me.

MikeMyers

Jason Lee named his son Pilot Inspektor.

Also, I've met people called Soul before. I've also met a guy called Tien and a girl called Espeon once.

Raxus

Just ordered Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Wonderful 101 since the were both (barely) over 20 bucks at Amazon. I need to start adding NID's.

Seda

I have the Wind Waker bundle Wii U. That's the only game I have for it.

I did play Metroid Prime 1&2 on it. Because those games can't be replayed too often.

edit: haha i just realized I've only used it as a gamecube nostalgia machine. awesome

I have the Wind Waker bundle Wii U. That's the only game I have for it.

I did play Metroid Prime 1&2 on it. Because those games can't be replayed too often.

edit: haha i just realized I've only used it as a gamecube nostalgia machine. awesome

So far the only use I have for it now is that Wii U virtual console goodness. It's going to be a while till Smash gets here.

Oddly enough, nothing for any of the next gen consoles interests me. I'm still waiting for a killer app to give me an excuse to buy a PS4.

daveo42

Banned
I'll have a Wii U ID next week with the MK8 bundle coming out and my 3ds code is on my profile. Wish you could add a code and have it send that person a friend request instead of needing both. Such an archaic system.

Levyne

Banned
Soul isnt that bad a name at all, it's not like there aren't a a thousand Aryas, Danearys, Bellas, Targaryens, Starks, Hermiones,Bellatrixes, etc. People like naming their kids after the media they watch and it's certainly not as bad as going with Luffy, Naruto or Goku/Vegeta. People like to talk about made up names, or wrong spellings but they fail to realize *all* names were made up, some used to be wrong spellings decades/centuries ago and are now consider normal, some came from media, books ,folklore, different cultures (and translated with different spellings) , etc of the time (heck most people name their kids from biblical figures) it's not something new or uncommon or weird. Also it bothers me when people judge parents for weird arbitrary reasons while a lot of child abuse, bad parenting, etc are ignored or remain socially acceptable, but that's just me.

Soul seems like an okay semi-exotic name, maybe on the same level as "Harmony" or something like that. It's the pairing of the name with part of the inspiring character 's VA's name that makes it seem a bit off to me.

I bet that AoT could hit 2 million viewers within its first 3 episodes. AoT was a very high profile (for Toonami) premiere. It has name recognition from the last year or more and is very popular amongst anime enthusiasts on the internet. Outside of something like a re-airing of DBZ, I thought it might actually make it. So with that confidence I decided to bet my avatar on it. The avatar you see is a collaboration of shameful ToonamiGAFfer's ideas and I made it.

I almost forgot about that bet. Every time i look at your avatar, I can't help laughing. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom