• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toonami Tumblr posted about Kai, I smell a promo tonight...

tumblr_mo3sxqfeqf1s20ivko1_500.gif

DBZ KAI COMING TO TOONAMI THIS FALL!!

We’re picking up this little show from Japan, we hope you like it. More details when we get closer to the time.

MikeMyers

Tien doesn't do anything dumb...ever.

He basically clowns Cell and gets nuked in the Buu saga.

Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, and Tenshinhan had no problem with Dr. Gero creating the Androids.

Bulma wanted to use the DBs to find Gero and stop him from making the DBs, and those 4 were all like NO.

MikeMyers

Now that I think about it, my favourite character Oolong, never really does anything dumb.

Saved the world too he did, but then again, so did everyone but Chaozu really.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, and Tenshinhan had no problem with Dr. Gero creating the Androids.

Bulma wanted to use the DBs to find Gero and stop him from making the DBs, and those 4 were all like NO.

I know...maybe he just went along with the people who could kill him in three seconds and shut up.

MikeMyers

I know...maybe he just went along with the people who could kill him in three seconds and shut up.

Also, when Krillin and Piccolo saved him from Nappa, he just choose to kill himself instead of teaming up with them.

I think Chaozu is the only one you can remove without everyone dying horribly.

I don't need interesting powers when i hate or find boring the characters themselves , the circumstances, and situations they find themselves in.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think they'll have a brief "coming this fall DBZ Kai" during the movie, but an actual promo won't be until later this summer

I bet Tom will mention it in the intro and maybe repeat it during the movie.

The movie basically is the announcement that DBZ is back.

I hope we get another good one this Summer. Maybe History of Trunks or Fusion Reborn.

If there's anything DBZ Kai-related during Cooler, I imagine it would be something along the lines of "KAHHHHH-MAEEEE-HAMMMM-EHHHH" then "DBZ Kai - This Fall - Toonami" flashes on the screen.

I'd prefer if it was TOM teaching SARA how to say it properly.

Seda

Back home. That was fun. It's better with Blum there though.

also yikes that Mario Kart thread exploded with bans. No Toonami regulars caught though.

I still think we'll get a short Kai promo during the movie. I have no rational basis for this claim, just a gut feeling. Hope I'm right, this announcement has me on cloud 9 (flying nimbus?) right now.

Now that I think about it, my favourite character Oolong, never really does anything dumb.

Saved the world too he did, but then again, so did everyone but Chaozu really.

Future Trunks gets shit done. Kills Freeza instantly instead of letting him get to full power like Goku.

Kills King Cold and once he's strong enough wipes out 17 and 18 and Future Cell. Tries to stop Cell becoming Perfect unlike Vegeta etc.

daveo42

Banned
Looks like I'll need to read that MK8 thread then. Also fine with a rewatch of Bebop, though new stuff is usually more preferable.

MikeMyers

Future Trunks gets shit done. Kills Freeza instantly instead of letting him get to full power like Goku.

Kills King Cold and once he's strong enough wipes out 17 and 18 and Future Cell. Tries to stop Cell becoming Perfect unlike Vegeta etc.

He also didn't understand Super Saiyan Grade III drawbacks, unlike Goku and Vegeta.

Okay so he has common sense, but is dumb in battle. Kind of the opposite of Goku.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Future Trunks does a lot of dumb things, though they are relatively minor in the grand scheme of things. Him coming back at all is why Cell happens and buffs up the androids, though makes them less evil.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People getting banned over something only 1/1000 people would notice if no one told them about it? Sigh.

It's likely patchable too.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Can't be that bad...
*sees gray names all over the first page* BLOODBATH! BLOODBATH! BLOODBATH!

Holy crap, frames are serious business.

He also didn't understand Super Saiyan Grade III drawbacks, unlike Goku and Vegeta.

Okay so he has common sense, but is dumb in battle. Kind of the opposite of Goku.

Yeah, he's not perfect when fighting but by far the most reasonable of the Saiyan Characters.

He also doesn't have nearly the amount of face-palm moments like Vegeta or Goku.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Dragon Ball is Funimations second best dub of the property. It's better than their original Z dub and better than the GT dub which came after. Very watchable.

Future Trunks does a lot of dumb things, though they are relatively minor in the grand scheme of things. Him coming back at all is why Cell happens and buffs up the androids, though makes them less evil.

He could have never seen Cell coming, and in the end most of his inadvertent foolishness is due to the Z fighters taking his warnings and simply deciding to train for 2-3 years, and then him continuing to underestimate the foolishness of his father and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom