• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
You said people didn't want DBZ back. You said the property casted a shadow over the block. You said it wasn't going to get announced.

You were wrong.

I can't deny that I miscalculated on that measure and I still contend DBZ is a virus that should have been been confined to Nicktoons, but Toonami does seem to be unwilling to let go of its past. Welp, now it is time for the other side of the coin to prove its case, I want to see DBZ bring in 2 Million people now, I want to see if it can live up to the old pedigree. I hate the face that DBZ is going to pollute Toonami ahead of something made in this millennium, but the reality of things is the reality of things, bitching about it at this point isn't going to make DBZ go away. So now it is the time to see if its odious presence is justified.

daveo42

Banned
Is this like.................some kind of thread whining? Or do we have a FPS Nazi on the mod team?

I guess whining over what's being reported. Though, we've seen where DF has had some slip-ups before. I think it was a bit different than when they bring up plot details into a technical review of a game, but this focuses on the technical portion.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Crunchyroll is spreading the Nicktoons Kai virus.

Politics killed the Thundercats reboot. It was billed as Avatar:TLA for a new generation, but the cabal at Crunchyroll couldn't let it be.

Seda

First of all, it's clear this was a group decision and not a single mod decision.

You shouldn't take this as any official statement regarding the actions taken as I had nothing to do with it, but I suppose I do represent moderators no matter what I say.

Basically people who didn't come into the thread to discuss Digital Foundry's findings weren't given any leeway. Snippy comments towards DF for 'nitpicking' when the article was largely very positive weren't tolerated, especially considering that's what DF is deliberately supposed to do. Jumping in to scoff at the thread premise without discussing the actual subject at hand falls under the definition of thread-whining.

I did not make these decisions nor am I agreeing or disagreeing with anything that happened. Just trying to explain the thought-process.

First of all, it's clear this was a group decision and not a single mod decision.

You shouldn't take this as any official statement regarding the actions taken as I had nothing to do with it, but I suppose I do represent moderators no matter what I say.

Basically people who didn't come into the thread to discuss Digital Foundry's findings weren't given any leeway. Snippy comments towards DF for 'nitpicking' when the article was largely very positive weren't tolerated, especially considering that's what DF is deliberately supposed to do. Jumping in to scoff at the thread premise without discussing the actual subject at hand falls under the definition of thread-whining.

I did not make these decisions nor am I agreeing or disagreeing with anything that happened. Just trying to explain the thought-process.

This sounds pretty fair, and considering most DF threads turn into console fan war pissing it seems like the right decision.

daveo42

Banned
Woo...AoT promo. I forgot how fast these first few episodes moved.

Holy crap, I am. Lucky for me, the two older cousins love me (the other is an infant).

Is there a stream I can watch? I might be able to use their Wii U to access ToonamiGAF.

Definitely in an anime now.

Neoxon

Reading the two titles of GotG Vol. 2 that I don't own physical copies of to kill time. Can anyone link me to the steam if there is one?

Also, I noticed that Bleach & Naruto are in the place of DBZ Cooler.

I can't deny that I miscalculated on that measure and I still contend DBZ is a virus that should have been been confined to Nicktoons, but Toonami does seem to be unwilling to let go of its past. Welp, now it is time for the other side of the coin to prove its case, I want to see DBZ bring in 2 Million people now, I want to see if it can live up to the old pedigree. I hate the face that DBZ is going to pollute Toonami ahead of something made in this millennium, but the reality of things is the reality of things, bitching about it at this point isn't going to make DBZ go away. So now it is the time to see if its odious presence is justified.

I'm a realist. Kai won't bring in 2 million viewers. If AS puts it at midnight or 11:30, the highest I see it getting is at least 1.5 or 1.6 million viewers.
Although, I wouldn't be surprised if it got lower ratings than that.

Lmao

Ponn

Banned
Teen Titans Go!

Eren gets his ass kicked um...I say 14 times tonight. And 2 mouth stuffing instances. Those are my bets.

Also i'm going to try to sneak pot roast into a theater just to say I did it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I'm a realist. Kai won't bring in 2 million viewers. If AS puts it at midnight or 11:30, the highest I see it getting is at least 1.5 or 1.6 million viewers.
Although, I wouldn't be surprised if it got lower ratings than that.

That is about what I am expecting, maybe 1.7 at the outset, but with the way I keep getting bombarded with NUMBER 1 ANIME and TOONAMI IS WHOLE and UNPRECEDENTED RATINGS that seems to be where expectations are in the minds of some.

bigkrev

Probably won't post much tonight cause no wifi, and I don't want to murder my data plan. I'm at the beach!

Also, I'm less interested in Kai than I am in Bleach if that can be believed.

That is about what I am expecting, maybe 1.7 at the outset, but with the way I keep getting bombarded with NUMBER 1 ANIME and TOONAMI IS WHOLE and UNPRECEDENTED RATINGS that seems to be where expectations are in the minds of some.
Who are these imaginary people you keep referring to? I don't see anyone here making those claims outside of ratings which is a reasonable prediction. If Space Dandy and Titan can break records, Kai can too.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So basically if Demarco gets pissy about something and says it's never happening, it's going to happen (DBZ Kai.) :p

I'll keep this in mind about a weekday timeslot and full openings...

Takashi

I don't even think it will get that much. I'm sure in the beginning it will do hugely, but then I think it will level out at around AoT numbers or so, with the exceptions being the major fights.

So basically if Demarco gets pissy about something and says it's never happening, it's going to happen (DBZ Kai.) :p

I'll keep this in mind about a weekday timeslot and full openings...

Subbed anime to air on Toonami confirmed
Y8reiVX.jpg

LOLDSFAN

I see. Thanks for the explanation.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't even think it will get that much. I'm sure in the beginning it will do hugely, but then I think it will level out at around AoT numbers or so, with the exceptions being the major fights.

I think it'll do Titan/Dandy numbers at first, maybe a bit more, then dive a bit when everyone realizes it's not as good as the abridged version. :p

I think it'll do Titan/Dandy numbers at first, maybe a bit more, then dive a bit when everyone realizes it's not as good as the abridged version. :p

Considering how well Bleach did during terrible filler... and DBZ/Kai is far more popular then Bleach could ever hope to be... yeah DBZ Kai is gonna do just fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom