• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I imagine Viz wants to get a good buffer of dub episodes out before they consider talking to Toonami. There's 200 episodes (of the original five seasons) so... yeah.

Kill La Kill is probably next year.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Everytime I watch Inuyasha and a spherical barrier appears I fully expect a guitar riff and a rose to come out of nowhere to disrupt it.

So yeah, another show I don't want to watch while I continue to wait for KLK
/HxH/JoJo

I'm nostalgic about DBZ, but nowadays I don't think it's a great show outside of that nostalgia.

And Kai destroys my nostalgia with the recasts/soundtrack/accurate script.

MikeMyers

So yeah, another show I don't want to watch while I continue to wait for KLK
/HxH/JoJo

I'm nostalgic about DBZ, but nowadays I don't think it's a great show outside of that nostalgia.

And Kai destroys my nostalgia with the recasts/soundtrack/accurate script.

Saiyan arc I like, Freeza arc is good but it just drags at time.

Cell gets boring when he starts to absorb the Androids, same for Buu once Vegeta dies IMO.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kai was so effective that I find the old dub nearly unwatchable.

Slight exaggeration...but only just slight.

Too bad Buu Kai has a new non Dragon Soul theme.

I enjoyed watching dbz kai, while it doesn't hit any nostalgic queues in terms of music or look, it was still at least interesting re-examining things you once watched as a kid as an adult.If anything I enjoy watching old things for the opposite of nostalgia goggles/rose-tinted glasses , so that i can either go "wow this was actually shit" or on certain occasions really appreciate how good an old thing I watched was or reach some middle ground where a thing is not the greatest thing but I can see why kid-me enjoyed it.

I don't want to live in a world where DBZ isn't cheesy, corny, filled with bad jokes and butt rock where everyone sounds like a gravely wrestler.

And I remember having a discussion with someone on how the original English script often changed Goku into a more traditional Superman-esque hero, instead of the original where he merely loves fighting and only inadvertently helps people by fighting villains for his own amusement. (Which I took at face value and may not be 100% the case, admittedly).

Got back from X-Men: Days of Future Past.

g5LoDk8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom