• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Some interesting comments from our Lich King:
This open thing is gonna be a problem though. If we show all the opens for every show over six and a half hours... There's no Toonami.

Either some of ya'll new school otaku Toonami watchers gotta cut some slack to see the shows... Or there will basically be no "Toonami."

That's where we're at. And what we're thinking about. In the next few months we'll be coming up with a new way, if possible.

Some of you will have to decide, is an extra :60 secs of your favorite anime song worth losing a promo, music video, speech, etc every week?

Because there sure as shit ain't gonna be less commercials, friends.

Was going to post this. Not sure what he means by the bolded.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So SAO must be your favorite series
Y8reiVX.jpg

Oh god, they did timeskips horribly D:

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I really don't know how to unpackage that episode of Bleach.

The fuck I just watch?

17 months passed.

Everyone's hair grew out besides Ichigo.

He cannot see ghosts anymore but is inhumanly fast and strong.

New bad guys are in town.

The real opening travesty is now airing. Bring back the cut!

Tamanon

Banned
Demarco needs to take a break from twitter. You can't please everyone. SOme will just not listen to reason. Dandy time

Must be frustrating to him. After all he did to finagle the show for Toonami and make it a showcase, people are choosing to bitch about something meaningless like an opening. One which they've seen countless times already.

I don't understand why there can't even be a conversation about cutting endings.

They kinda do already. Perhaps that's what he's talking about when he mentions a "new way"?

(I'm trying very hard not to think about Wet Hot American Summer when I type a "new way".)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The simple fact is, commercials are longer in America than they are in japn, so something has to be cut on the shows.

Don't get mad at toonami for this :/

Gorillaz

Look who kept there opening yall...........

"Hey Russo. Is that a PS Vita? I always wanted one."

That's right Frank. Get that Sony money.
smh shit was so out of place it was hilarious

Kubo's got that whole music/western culture thing to him with his manga. It's really noticeable in Early Bleach/Zombiepowder.

Anyway, I think I'll skip out on Dandy.

Havn't watched too much of bleach so didn't know that at first...but yea it's good

Amikami

Banned
Wait. We still get the full freakin OP. LOL. Well I'm glad.

If it is, yes, though I remember you saying you didnt like that episode, which is saddening.

Naw. Its fine. I prefer the first half better than the second. I just think the second half would have been better if the whole thing was a two parter. Its a good episode. One of the top 6.

ReiGun

Some interesting comments from our Lich King:
The cut op's aren't really a big deal to me. I mean, I can watch those on Youtube.

I like how naruto has a entire village full of black people with some generic asian people here and there.

It was weird seeing the cloud village because I assumed for the longest that Kiba was supposed to be black (or at least half, since his mom is pretty light), but he looks nothing like the actual black people in the world. lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Also

They re-run the music video/review/etc. multiple times during the night. At least four times these past couple weeks. There should be a way to cut a few of those for a few extra shows to get full openings.

Must be frustrating to him. After all he did to finagle the show for Toonami and make it a showcase, people are choosing to bitch about something meaningless like an opening. One which they've seen countless times already.

True, I can understand being disappointed about the opening being cut but harassing the dude on twitter over 1 minute of a song being cut is ridiculous.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
On the other hand cutting one of the most iconic OPs of anime, yes, it has reach those heights already is going to piss people off no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom