• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Some interesting comments from our Lich King:

I mean he can cut whatever he wants out of Naruto reruns and I wouldn't give a FUCK.

This is your big, block-leading show, which just happens to have the most well-known opening of any anime in the last few years. You play the whole thing.

I don't buy that it's that difficult to find 60 seconds somewhere in a 6-hour block, especially when half of it is old reruns.

Gorillaz

so what was the deal with people hating this episode? I thought it was kind of nice to see a semi serious episode from the show this early on

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Haha, I forgot he had another booby-related song after the last episode.

ALSO 66 SHE'S EEEEVVVIIIILLLLL

Tenumi

Banned
I'm going to bed. Partly annoyed at the drama stuff, and party just want to get away from it and hopefully let it pass.

I'll watch OP, BE, and BL tommorow.

I think getting an Opening for the first show was a fair enough bargain and then everything else *not* have an opening is fine, but it kinda falls apart if there is continual extra effort needed just to have the first show have an opening. I've never cared much for this opening debate, though really if it's such a big deal just fully cut or accelerate endings (except Inuyasha when it comes back....;_:)

I mean he can cut whatever he wants out of Naruto reruns and I wouldn't give a FUCK.

This is your big, block-leading show, which just happens to have the most well-known opening of any anime in the last few years. You play the whole thing.

I don't buy that it's that difficult to find 60 seconds somewhere in a 6-hour block, especially when half of it is old reruns.

But he wanted the full open to play. They prepared for it to run. It's not him. Funi dropped the ball. Go complain at their doorstep.

Must be frustrating to him. After all he did to finagle the show for Toonami and make it a showcase, people are choosing to bitch about something meaningless like an opening. One which they've seen countless times already.
It's the Internet people are always going to nitpick every move you make. If your an exec. throwing a tantrum on twitter isn't going to help your case. Just acting professional is what will bring in supporters.

Is that a space train?

Pretty much.
index-ge999-2.jpg

ReiGun

With Space Dandy, it was one thing because it was a brand new show. For everyone. I get why people would want to see the opening.

But AoT? We've all seen it a million times. Even people who haven't watched the show have probably seen it. Is it really that big a deal?

Either way, I'm sure with tonight's hissy fit, they'll make some space for it in the night. Edit: In fact, Demarco says they planned to play the full thing, so I'm sure it's gonna be sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom