• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Beware the Batman is the result of a bet at WB to see how fast they would have to cancel a poorly animated show that only featured z list villains that only true Batman nerds would recognize.

Seda

With Space Dandy, it was one thing because it was a brand new show. For everyone. I get why people would want to see the opening.

But AoT? We've all seen it a million times. Even people who haven't watched the show have probably seen it. Is it really that big a deal?

Either way, I'm sure with tonight's hissy fit, they'll make some space for it in the night.

I've never been one to care too much about openings, but considering that AoT is the big acquisition block-leading show, and after the Space Dandy OP issues with FUNi, I guess it was sort of expected it'd work this time.

That said, I think the 'easiest' solution is to have Dandy go back to the English opening to make room for the AoT one. Expecting every show to have full openings is unreasonable.

Is that your final Dandy?

isthatyourfinaldandy.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Beware the Batman is the result of a bet at WB to see how fast they would have to cancel a poorly animated show that only featured z list villains that only true Batman nerds would recognize.

It didn't help that the show went through heavy editing after the Aurora CO theater shooting.

But really, the show shot itself in the foot with the whole "No mainstream villains! Obscure crap only!' approach. Didn't really help...

RIP Efrem Zimbalist Jr

ReiGun

Beware the Batman is in the low tier of DC animation. I'd rather almost anything else DC have been added to Toonami.

They planned to can it before it even aired, regardless of ratings. The executives hated the show.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It didn't help that the show went through heavy editing after the Aurora CO theater shooting.

But really, the show shot itself in the foot with the whole "No mainstream villains! Obscure crap only!' approach. Didn't really help...

It did not help that some of the villains could not have justice done to them.

Also kinda agree. Needs a tougher hyde. He should know his audience by now.

I dunno, he immediately took to Twitter to say that Titan's cut opening was not the plan and he would get to the bottom of it, and even got pissed at himself for not double-triple-checking and assuming people did their job.

What does he get for that? A bunch of B.S. I don't blame him for putting the spotlight on some people who think that being a complete asshole is the way to get things done.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think it was mentioned during the original run, but this guitar really sounds like something from Cowboy Bebop.

Seda

More from DeMarco

Welp, Toonami has been around a long time and the fanscape has changed. Toonami's gotta change with it. Growing pains!

But we thank you all for your support. We'll figure this out together. We try to be perfect and immaculate, but sometimes we ain't.

Beware the Batman is in the low tier of DC animation. I'd rather almost anything else DC have been added to Toonami.

They planned to can it before it even aired. The executives hated the show.
I kept missing episodes . :/
It seemed like it was going in an interesting place

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It did not help that some of the villains could not have justice done to them.

Let's do an entire episode on a villain whose gimmick is based on Humpty Dumpty!
Screw the Joker, Humpty Dumpty is what kids want to see!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

RIP Efrem Zimbalist Jr

Freeze was obscure until Dini got his hands on him. It all comes down to the talent behind the show. Using only obscure villains is not an outright bad idea, and even lets the show ramp up to epic levels later on when a big villain is introduced.

Unfortunately BtB will never get that opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom