• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I blame you.

VHK97CL.png

You're next.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not really criticizing DeMarco aside from saying he needs tougher skin but for his own good. He admitted to a mistake that he made and that good of him. He's working on it and that good of him. But people are assholes and some just love to go an bitch on twitter, something many would never do without anonymity, and because of that, thowing a tantrum with these guys ain't gunna get you anywhere but grief. Some are probably pleased that he's upset. That's my oppinion though. Fuck the complainers. I would have explained the situation and if anyone didn't want to take it than that's that. They can not watch toonami at all.

If you don't have haters you're doing something wrong. DeMarco needs to take that to heart, you can't please everyone. Take a break from twitter, people are idiots.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Thought she was gonna be sort of the Ed of the group.

....maybe she'll eventually become the Faye of the group?

ReiGun

Fair point.
Really the failure seems to stem from the animation not being that appealing, and Cartoon Network screwing the show over, and really all of DC Nation.
Seriously, what was the point of the DC Nation block if 3 of the 4 shows were screwed over?
DC Nation was a fantastic idea that came around at a poor time in Cartoon Network's history. All CN cares about is Adventure Time-lite and Regular Show-lite programs; action really has no place on the network atm.

Shame, because the DC Nation shorts had so many promising ideas for full shows. Super Best Friends Forever, Wonder Woman, Amethyst, Sword of the Atom, Deadman, Tales of Metropolis, Batman of Shanghai, the new Green Arrow/Black Canary short they just dropped. A couple seasons of anyone of those would have been dope.

I don't buy the whole "Beware the Batman failed because no one recognized the villains."

"Batman Beyond" had to create a rogue gallery and "Brave and the Bold" often dug deep into the DC archives for villains and heroes and both were far better shows.

I don't know it's likely not the sole reason but it probably did hurt, that plus a having a certain quality to it. I mean Batman Beyond, my biggest complaint/criticism even while it's good *is* that the rogues gallery is weaker than OG batman's own. Brave and the Bold while it always dug deep and wide for it's content and references still like was entertaining and looked good . I mean I can't speak for beware the batman yet having only seen how it looks and nothing else, but I if it doesn't have the a good rogue's gallery and doesn't make the gallery it uses compelling I can understand it being a complaint. Mind you a show can be good and ultimately still not be popular or fail .

I hate that exchange, worst part of the episode

Next week's episode is truly horrible. I might have to skip it. Can't wait until we get into the second half of season 1.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Next week's episode was a weird one.
Beautifully animated ending, but a really bizarre concept.

I don't believe I caught next week's episode of Dandy during its first run so next week will be a treat for me. =]

Be back for Black Lagoon.

Crocodile

DC Nation was a fantastic idea that came around at a poor time in Cartoon Network's history. All CN cares about is Adventure Time-lite and Regular Show-lite programs; action really has no place on the network atm.

Shame, because the DC Nation shorts had so many promising ideas for full shows. Super Best Friends Forever, Wonder Woman, Amethyst, Sword of the Atom, Deadman, Tales of Metropolis, Batman of Shanghai, the new Green Arrow/Black Canary short they just dropped. A couple seasons of anyone of those would have been dope.

Yep. DC Nation was a great idea that CN seemed insistent on shitting upon :(

American Action animation is in a dark place currently :(

Not really a fan of the next episode

These shorts should get the Teen Titans Go treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom