• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
All I know is it's by the same mangaka of Highschool of the Dead.

..............did that even get finished? I could've sworn it took another hiatus & it never finished. Anime ended RIGHT before the Mall Arc....

Same artist. The writer is the reason that everything stalled
At this point I think Highschool of the Dead is... dead.
7 volumes with a single chapter released two years ago that isn't in a volume. Apparently the writer has a notorious reputation of leaving series unfinished.

Moaradin

iQYXuCISiBD08.gif

Puruzi

Banned
Puruzi's favorite anime of the season is Triage X.
I'll do one too I suppose.

Best
Etotama
Show By Rock
DanMachi
Soma

Good
Yeeart
Punchline
GoPri

Meh
BBB

I like tits

Triage X
Soma is in good and Punchline is in best now tho.
Mostly because i'm reading Soma already, and Punchline just had that moment where everything got much better

Actually no.

So I have to ask, what don't you like that BBB that makes you think it's such a bad show?
It's p boring.
It doesn't help that the director did a much better show too.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
7 volumes with a single chapter released two years ago that isn't in a volume. Apparently the writer has a notorious reputation of leaving series unfinished.
Ahh, that's right, I remember hearing about the new chapter 2 years later, but couldn't remember if anything actually happened after that.

daveo42

Banned
I'll do one too I suppose.

Best
Etotama
Show By Rock
DanMachi

Soma

Good
Yeeart
Punchline
GoPri

Meh
BBB

I like tits

Triage X

Hmm...I see. At least you have Ninja Slayer on there, though I find it's wearing on me a bit much. Soma is actually really good, even with all of the food reactions.

Soma is in good and Punchline is in best now tho.
Mostly because i'm reading Soma already, and Punchline just had that moment where everything got much better

It's p boring.
It doesn't help that the director did 2 much better shows too.

Punchline is eye-rollingly bad still, even after pretty much every reveal that should have made it better. I'd say the best thing it has going for it right now is the animation. I guess that all depends on your feelings about pandering to viewers with endless panty and boob shots and then trying to use as part of your actual plot.

BBB has kept me plenty entertained, but I'm also fine with a lot of these more one-off and character episodes.

Soulflarz

Banned

Well...
That's....frustrating.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
MORE LIKE HIATUS OF THE DEAD.

*goes back to Puzzles & Dragons on 3DS while waiting for Toonami*

At least Highschool of the Dead is sleaze so it's not a major loss.
Hunter x Hunter though... If the Dragon Quest VIII 3DS announcement wasn't bad enough

Puruzi

Banned
Hmm...I see. At least you have Ninja Slayer on there, though I find it's wearing on me a bit much. Soma is actually really good, even with all of the food reactions.

Punchline is eye-rollingly bad still, even after pretty much every reveal that should have made it better. I'd say the best thing it has going for it right now is the animation. I guess that all depends on your feelings about pandering to viewers with endless panty and boob shots and then trying to use as part of your actual plot.

BBB has kept me plenty entertained, but I'm also fine with a lot of these more one-off and character episodes.

Even with all the food reactions? The food reactions make it even better.
I harbor no ill will towards pantyshots and tits, so those don't bother me in the least.

Best anime of the season has been The Heroic Legend of Arslan followed by shocking Mikagura Academy Suite.

I feel like the Arslan OVA had better art that was more suited to the story but then that's because the designs were based on Yoshitaka Amano's work for the novel. I love Arakawa but Dat Yoshitaka Amano tho.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I feel like the Arslan OVA had better art that was more suited to the story but then that's because the designs were based on Yoshitaka Amano's work for the novel. I love Arakawa but Dat Yoshitaka Amano tho.

Depends on the OVA episode honestly, those final two OVA episodes were rough.

daveo42

Banned
Best anime of the season has been The Heroic Legend of Arslan followed by shocking Mikagura Academy Suite.

Well that's probably because Arakawa is doing the manga adaptation of the original series that the anime is based on. It's been very good. Haven't seen the other though, so I might have to take a gander.

daveo42

Banned
Even with all the food reactions? The food reactions make it even better.
I harbor no ill will towards pantyshots and tits, so those don't bother me in the least.

The food reactions make me laugh. Punchline just makes me ask myself why I'm still watching waiting for some kind of payoff that isn't from someone flashing their panties or boobs at the main character and then his reaction to it.

Puruzi

Banned
The food reactions make me laugh. Punchline just makes me ask myself why I'm still watching waiting for some kind of payoff that isn't from someone flashing their panties or boobs at the main character and then his reaction to it.

What.
Are you really still watching it?

daveo42

Banned
i mean, uchikoshi stuff really is not great until the payoff

but who knows if punchline is that. i'd go do something else and see if people rave about it afterwards

There have been a few moments that might be consider payoffs, but nothing that has really blown me a way. Might still get it by the end, but who knows at this point. Animation's good though, so there's that.

Plenty of things have happened that were unrelated to panties and tits.

Everything has tied back to panties.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzTYocxkh8qejfL

It's Animazement weekend for me, so... I'm not really here, lol. It's amazing I drew anything! So... yeah. Have a good night guys! I might draw something DBZ....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, TIME FOR AN AWESOME NIGHT OF TOONAMI!

oh & also DBZ Kai I guess maybe sort of perhaps...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"WE'RE AIRING KILL LA KILL ALL NIGHT!!!"

*shows DBZ Kai*

I'M GONNA COMPLAIN TO DEMARCO THAT WAS CLEARLY FALSE ADVERTISING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom