• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to watch it, but due to taking friday off to be in Atlanta for Momocon I have to work sunday 7-4 and I'm not sure if I wanna do risky business with a 2 hour rest till work day again

Crocodile

This stream is about previewing a mobile game called Til' Morning's Light but on right now is Stephanie Sheh talking about her anime work, specifically FLCL right now, so tune in if you're interested.

Also belated Happy Birthday to Bishop and HTown

Jarate

Banned
I'll watch DBZ and then play video games

Ive already seen Kill La Kill enough, there's only so much Ryuko you can take

If the show was just Mako, I'd watch the entire marathon

I'll pass on the KlK marathon, thanks.

In other related to Toonami business, I actually sat down and watched Naruto: The Last today.
Yes, the subs were horrid, but I got the jist of what the Big Bad's plot was; but, that's not the point of the film. I may have long ago fallen out of love with the franchise, but it still holds a special place in my geeky heart as the first chapter of the manga was the first time a comic got me to tear up. That hadn't happened ever prior to that. And, like the softie I am, I cried during the end credits of the film. It was the still shot of Iruka - Naruto's father figure - crying his eyes out at Naruto's wedding that did it. Made it a book end ending for the series for me.
I liked it. It had the goofy "ninja" (in quotes because let's be real, this was DBZ with headbands and sandals) action and heart. A story with heart will always get me, even if I may not be as enamored with everything else.

Jarate

Banned

In other related to Toonami business, I actually sat down and watched Naruto: The Last today.
Yes, the subs were horrid, but I got the jist of what the Big Bad's plot was; but, that's not the point of the film. I may have long ago fallen out of love with the franchise, but it still holds a special place in my geeky heart as the first chapter of the manga was the first time a comic got me to tear up. That hadn't happened ever prior to that. And, like the softie I am, I cried during the end credits of the film. It was the still shot of Iruka - Naruto's father figure - crying his eyes out at Naruto's wedding that did it. Made it a book end ending for the series for me.
I liked it. It had the goofy "ninja" (in quotes because let's be real, this was DBZ with headbands and sandals) action and heart. A story with heart will always get me, even if I may not be as enamored with everything else.
DBZ with headbands and sandals would be a lot better then Naruto

DBZ actually has a likeable main character

im glad that you enjoyed the film man and im glad that it closed on a good note (although I dont think it's dying technically.) it was never my cup of tea, but hey at least its not SAO

BBboy20

Hey guys.

The mod team as a whole, while not 'cracking down on it' is paying a little more mind to off topic chatter in community threads.

Some leniency towards game chatter is fine, but try to truncate extended conversations. Dubbed or shonen anime, English licensing, CN/AS, cartoons, and such are totally within the thread subject.

Talk about what one had for breakfast, how tough your finals are, etc, don't really belong. (Some comm. threads wish each other good morning / good night on a daily basis and we definitely aren't that far gone)

As I said before, this thread's post volume is mostly live reactions, but just a heads up.
Does every OT have a mod to watch over it?

& they do it sooooooo many times. I've lost count how many times they've had a sale on PSN or the eShop. Feels like every other month, their games are discounted to the point you don't know why they don't just make them price drops & keep them there.
Bet on XSEED?

ovrwx.gif

What a day. What a lovely day.
whoa, we have the same birthday?
YOU LIVE! YOU DIE! YOU LIVE AGAIN!

Only the realest of fans watch every Toonami always.
I've been watching channel 48 almost every Saturday non-stop since Adult Swim came to be.

Raxus

Terrible subs aside it is pretty great. I can't wait for the dubbed version to hit the states. The new manga is great. I think when Kishi thinks smaller and focuses on characters things really click in Naruto.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kill la Kill cancelled due to poor ratings, next marathon to consist of nothing but GXP reruns.

........movie month to also be GXP month because reasons.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We're totally gonna hear about a new show next week. Would be amazing if they also had a commercial ready to air that night as well.

Sweet. You guys gonna post real time details?

Yep, I'm going to have my I CALLED IT ME.gif on a special tab when Sailor Moon Crystal gets announced :p

I'm going too yeeee

Awesome, the more the merrier should be a wonderful day!

We're totally gonna hear about a new show next week. Would be amazing if they also had a commercial ready to air that night as well.

For sure, unless they announce Final Acts replacement tonight odds are it'll have to be next weeken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom