• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yay, another Tatsunoko revival.

Maybe now that they have the rights, Speed Racer can be in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom 2.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
>gritty
>Yatterman

......uuuhhhhhhhh. The 2008 revival of Yatterman was still pretty damn light-hearted.

Also Yatterman Nights still had rather silly moments/characters

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
ive never heard of yatterman
To be fair, I wasn't aware of the series (or most of Tatsunoko stuff) until the Capcom fighter on Wii.

Basically, late '70s anime where it was a monster/robot of the week type of show. Evil female & her henchmen scam people with fake stuff to earn money to build a new robot, hero & heroine travel on their giant robot dog or later pelican to stop them, deus ex machina bone is thrown, weird little robots come out of the giant robot to stop the villains, explosion, they ride off into the sunset on a 3-seat bike.

......also the heroes have a flying robotic dice as a sidekick because it's a kids show.

ive never heard of yatterman

iFu3mGSNwVXhh.gif

I've actually seen almost nothing of Yatterman outside of a few clips and TvC

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I believe Yatterman set the template for "Team Rocket type" groups. Of course predating Pokemon by decades.

Hmm I guess I should wear my Mega Man shirt at Momocon as I won't have a Bass shirt by then (I know I know working on it) and while it may be a common shirt, hopefully it'll help me stick out enough to find Seda, Levyne, and Absolution.

Hmm I guess I should wear my Mega Man shirt at Momocon as I won't have a Bass shirt by then (I know I know working on it) and while it may be a common shirt, hopefully it'll help me stick out enough to find Seda, Levyne, and Absolution.
Just look for people staring down at their phone like constantly
who browse with the superior black theme. :p

Jarate

Banned

Here's a shirt you can wear bass! It'll set you apart!

Also, for Cons and shit like that, I think the easiest way too meet eachother is to find a restaraunt near the convention center and getting breakfast there. It allows you try chill out and talk to each other, it wont be a crowded mess, and you then get to not eat overpriced convention food

I wish I wasnt as huge as I was, i'd cosplay at conventions a lot more, but I have a hard enough time finding regular clothes that fit, and have no skills at creating clothing. If I could skinny up a lot I could do a mean Jotaro

Jarate

Banned
is there any wisconsin or philly bros in Toonamigaf, I know Bigkrev posts in Philly OT, maybe next time im planning to go to the area I'll try to hang out with him (it would be the 2 biggest people on this thread) but im lonely here in Wisconsin ;-;

Here's a shirt you can wear bass! It'll set you apart!

Also, for Cons and shit like that, I think the easiest way too meet eachother is to find a restaraunt near the convention center and getting breakfast there. It allows you try chill out and talk to each other, it wont be a crowded mess, and you then get to not eat overpriced convention food

I wish I wasnt as huge as I was, i'd cosplay at conventions a lot more, but I have a hard enough time finding regular clothes that fit, and have no skills at creating clothing. If I could skinny up a lot I could do a mean Jotaro

I love Madoka to death, but even I wouldn't wear that.

Also, I've never even been to a con myself so at least you have that over me lol.

bigkrev

is there any wisconsin or philly bros in Toonamigaf, I know Bigkrev posts in Philly OT, maybe next time im planning to go to the area I'll try to hang out with him (it would be the 2 biggest people on this thread) but im lonely here in Wisconsin ;-;

We will have a sumo battle and then eat a bunch of disgusting food, or something.

This is the first "major" con I've been too not counting obscure crap like conneticon or hawaiicon

Wait... you were in HAWAII and went to an anime con?!?!??!

We will have a sumo battle and then eat a bunch of disgusting food, or something.

Wait... you were in HAWAII and went to an anime con?!?!??!

Yeah family friends lived their (same ones I visited last summer in Alaska) and it just happened to be the same week. Its where I first saw that InuYasha movie 3 or 4 subbed.

Bass, since you're traveling here, I assume you're going all 4 days?

Well I don't arrive until Thursday night so thats out lol. I'm not sure if I'm gonna go friday if you, Seda, or Levyne are I might go. My friend is currently working (I'm staying at his place) and I'm not sure how gung ho he is about going to the con for multiple days, plus he and I have plans to watch anime/play games this weekend. For sure we'll be at the toonami panel and hang out a good chunk of saturday, sunday will depend on how much he liked the con.

Rakkety Tam

Neo Member
That is such horrendous shirt design. Not even talking about whether the images are unfitting for the show or not (I haven't seen Puella Magi Madoka Magica), why the hell would someone create a shirt where one image obscures other images this much, and in such a way? It looks like they just slapped 5 images they had onto a shirt and called it a day. I can't even tell what's going on in the bottom 2 background images.

Well I don't arrive until Thursday night so thats out lol. I'm not sure if I'm gonna go friday if you, Seda, or Levyne are I might go. My friend is currently working (I'm staying at his place) and I'm not sure how gung ho he is about going to the con for multiple days, plus he and I have plans to watch anime/play games this weekend. For sure we'll be at the toonami panel and hang out a good chunk of saturday, sunday will depend on how much he liked the con.
Oh, I was mainly asking if you were gonna be there most of Saturday in case you wanted to hang out there or whatever. Last year, it was just me mainly during the day because the rest of the GAF peeps didn't show up until the panel itself I think.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It was pretty good. It's a shame the final episode wasn't finished in time. The blu rays are supposed to fix it though.
Ugh, yeah, the final episode was building up to be this great battle, but then repeated scenes, really weird cuts, & then....it ended.

Maybe I'll rewatch it once the Blu-Ray version is out, because what a disappointing way to end a rather good series.

Oh, I was mainly asking if you were gonna be there most of Saturday in case you wanted to hang out there or whatever. Last year, it was just me mainly during the day because the rest of the GAF peeps didn't show up until the panel itself I think.

I'll get back to you once I have a better idea of how my friend wants to spend time this weekend. If we get there earlier on Saturday I'll send you a pm or post here

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wish cons happened near where I live. Feels like nothing fun ever happens here, it's always in other states.

Jintor

I'm in a japanese junior high school right this fucking second and no villains have broken the barrier between worlds to target anyone in any of my classes and steal their girlfriend. i feel betrayed

Ultratech

Yay, another Tatsunoko revival.

Maybe now that they have the rights, Speed Racer can be in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom 2.

Tatsunoko's been on a roll lately.

Hell, I've been playing JP Dragon Poker, and we're on our 3rd Tatsunoko Collab Event now all within the last 6 months.

(For reference, the 1st one was a mix of old-school Casshern, Gatchaman, and Gold Lightan, the 2nd was a Time Bokan collab with Yatterman stuff mostly, and the current one surprisingly enough is a Yatterman Night collab.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom