• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
The only clear knock on Brotherhood is that FMA 03 did a better job with the early part of the story because Brotherhood assumed you had either watched 03 or read the manga.

Botherhood is still the clear choice here.

daveo42

Banned
FMA 03 is better animated and has a much better score.

I need comparison gifs (only because I'm too lazy to do my own and I'm at work, so I can't).

As for the score, I think both are pretty solid, though you can tell Brotherhood reused or updated a few of them.

Tamanon

Banned
I reiterate that FMA03 handles homunculi much better for the most part.

Lust is outstanding in that anime. It's a great, more personal story.

ljpkPCn.png

Gorillaz

Toonami brehs been awhile had some shit had to sort out job wise on saturdays.

Anywsy...Whats the chance of blood blockade battlefront being on the block? Im only in episode 6 but ot would do pretty good within the same vein thst space dandy did as a episodic show.

The dub for it has been going on too.

Crocodile

Lust and Sloth? Agreed

Wrath and Pride? HELLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOO. FUCK NO. HELL TO THE NO.

Gluttony and Envy are kind of a wash. The first form of Greed gets more screentime in 03 which is great but Greed-Ling doesn't exist in 03 so its also a wash.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Lust in the first anime is a great character, but the homunculi as a whole are handled terribly. The first anime's approach to things makes no real sense for two reasons. 1) It requires even more people performing human transmutation than the manga story does, which is already pushing its luck at 4+. 2) There's no rational explanation for why there would be exactly 7 of them beyond pure dumb luck.

There's also the issue with the naming. The earliest homunculi in the story, especially Lust, Gluttony, and Greed, all have names that are obviously extremely relevant to their personalities. As you get to the later anime-only homunculi, though, that starts to break down with characters like Wrath and especially Sloth. Like, there's no reason for someone to have named Sloth Sloth aside from "well, we had to use this name somewhere."

That and the whole "Sloth looks like my mom" bullshit is just melodrama for the sake of melodrama. Brotherhood's take on what happened after they tried to resurrect their mom is vastly more effective and far less manipulative.

Jarate

Banned
One day we'll all watch Toonami together in the same room, there'll be a bowl of doritos, a box of pocky and an n64 playing Mario Kart 64 and Goldeneye...

I miss those days with my friends ;-;

ckohler

One day we'll all watch Toonami together in the same room, there'll be a bowl of doritos, a box of pocky and an n64 playing Mario Kart 64 and Goldeneye...

But if we aren't all sitting at computers, there won't be a permanent, public record of our epic reactions.

ckohler

Try to get Demarco a gaf account so he can shitpost with us

during the Q&A section, ask him if he's ever read or discussion

That's a terrible idea. Even asking would be awkward for him and us. He's too close to Toonami's success to ever speak negatively about the shows that are airing and I doubt he would want to watch us all rag on his programming choices. Furthermore, we wouldn't want him around each Saturday because it could potentially filter our reactions out of courtesy. I'm certain he understands this which is why he probably stays away from communities like ours already.

If you were just joking, then just disregard this post.

Why bother when the answer to both is going to be no.

Exactly.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I sure hope the wonderful & handsome DeMarco joins our fun and pleasant forums so we can hear his interesting & thoughtful opinions. Not to mention the fact he can read our posts to see what we think of the great Toonami and how we appreciate all the things he's done to make the revival awesome.

Can you imagine if he actually took the time to read the posts that we make and all our positive, joyful comments about the block and himself?

Grexeno

I sure hope the wonderful & handsome DeMarco joins our fun and pleasant forums so we can hear his interesting & thoughtful opinions. Not to mention the fact he can read our posts to see what we think of the great Toonami and how we appreciate all the things he's done to make the revival awesome.

Can you imagine if he actually took the time to read the posts that we make and all our positive, joyful comments about the block and himself?
"Toonami was a mistake. It's nothing but trash."

"Sword Art Online has been the best addition to the block. Gurren Lagann was ok, but probably the weakest of the shows premiered."

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OP: Pirate Warriors 3 coming to US August 25th, EU on 28th.

Will play eventually, but knowing Namco, it might go on sale in a few months on PSN.

We ll know the answer is yes to him reading our forum, and it'll be proved when PING PONG THE ANIMATION GETS CONFIRMED FOR TOONAMI

I was half tempted to go up and ask about sports anime mostly to have it get shot down and destroy your hopes and dreams, but knowing it's a waste of a question I'd rather think of something better.

I'm cool with that too.
We need to pick someone's place thoug. Can't be mine because I don't have cable.

I know my buddy has cable if Seda/Levyne can't host I can ask if he'd be willing to let a few people hang at his place. He doesn't have a car so that may actually be ideal, I just dunno if he has to do anything early Sunday. I'll talk to him when I see him tonight/tomorrow

Also my flight from Hartford is leaving on time, but my flight out of Bradley is delayed 45 minutes :'[ won't get to Atlanta till 11:05 now

Jarate

Banned
I was half tempted to go up and ask about sports anime mostly to have it get shot down and destroy your hopes and dreams, but knowing it's a waste of a question I'd rather think of something better.

I know my buddy has cable if Seda/Levyne can't host I can ask if he'd be willing to let a few people hang at his place. He doesn't have a car so that may actually be ideal, I just dunno if he has to do anything early Sunday. I'll talk to him when I see him tonight/tomorrow

Also my flight from Hartford is leaving on time, but my flight out of Bradley is delayed 45 minutes :'[ won't get to Atlanta till 11:05 now

Bassforever, you just gotta understand that Ping Pong the Animation is the best show we can imagine and that your poor taste blinds you from that

Huh, I guess there's no more penetration on the PS4...
laughing-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif

Isn't the only black guy in the story a bartender or something?

I think they meant man in black, in which case... Kirito is dehumanizing Silica. D=

"Object that objects objectionably!" OBJECT-CEPTION!

This one is gold. lol

BvgL871CAAAxx8c.jpg:medium

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Slight SAO II spoilers.
I learned that there's a number of upcoming scenes of Klein hanging out with Asuna and the rest of Kirito's "harem" in ALO. I looked up Klein's age. He's 25. He's a 25 year old man hanging out with a bunch of teenage girls. Am I the only one that finds this creepy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom