• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
that was the most awkward thing i ever had the displeasure of watching

Can I punch the next anime fan I see, is that allowed. No wonder why Demarco hates himself and everyone on twitter

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I was hoping somebody would ask for a Top 5 Most Requested Shows since these reveal those and we need a refresh on that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmmm, so decided to look more into Michiko & Hatchin.

Yup, produced by Watanabe, so instantly gets me interested.

Director is Sayo Yamamoto, who later went on to do.....Lupin III: Woman Named Fujiko Mine.

WELP, I'm sold.

Also, doing the math since it's 22 episodes, it should end in mid-November, assuming something happens on July 4th.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
njtm4k8.jpg

We're gonna need a "Toonami was a mistake..." edit.

bigkrev

that was the most awkward thing i ever had the displeasure of watching

Can I punch the next anime fan I see, is that allowed. No wonder why Demarco hates himself and everyone on twitter

Every panel at anything is like this

The next time any of you feel depressed, remember that there are thousands of people more socially inept than you could ever dream of being.

Grexeno

You know, I was recently thinking "It would be cool to go to Momocon and attend the Toonami panel one time."

I'm not thinking that anymore. If I did go, I would totally bail at the start of Q&A

ckohler

Now I kinda want to go to one of these panels and ask a real question, just to show these people how its done.

No offense to Absolution, who's question was fine although that's probably better directed to Adult Swim in general rather than Toonami.

So AgK coming to Toonami? Neat.

Yeah I know that was a joke but it seemed so unnecessary and borderline creepy. I'd be SHOCKED if like a girl came up and even jokingly asked like Demarco out.

At a Venture Brother's panel I was at years ago, this girl cosplaying as Triana asked one of the creators (can't remember which one) if she could give him a handjob later that night. The guy said "maybe".

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

At a Venture Brother's panel I was at years ago, this girl cosplaying as Triana asked one of the creators (can't remember which one) if she could give him a handjob later that night. The guy said "maybe".

Cool, cool, depressing, cool.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You guys should pay for our flights so we can all hang out together & ask better questions.

Michiko & Hatchin aired 6/7 years ago apparently. That's quite an old pickup.
Yeah, seems to be from 2008, but oh well, it sounds like most of us here haven't seen it. Not to mention, stuff like Black Lagoon was from 2006, 2 years earlier.

I'm sure the commercials will play up the fact Watanabe was a part of this to get people to at least check out the first episode.

With such similar names, Akame ga Kill replacing Kill la Kill is likely to confuse casual viewers.
Should've aired it before.

Akame ga Kill la Kill......Bill.............Nye..............

So uh

what does the "ga" in Akame ga Kill stand for exactly?
I think it translates to "Red-Eye Kill".

daveo42

Banned

Oh the burden of being at the head of a popular television show.
Fans can be really really weird

Crocodile

Somebody should probably make a thread in OT about the new acquisitions.

Well........damn O_O

I still consider that inappropriate. Plus holy shit imagine the, justified, rage if the genders were reversed there.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Waiiiiiitttt a minute.

*remembers all the glorious female nudity in Lupin III: Woman Named Fujiko Mine*

How censored is Michiko & Hatchin gonna be, considering it's the same producer?

Waiiiiiitttt a minute.

*remembers all the glorious female nudity in Lupin III: Woman Named Fujiko Mine*

How censored is Michiko & Hatchin gonna be, considering it's the same producer?

There's not nearly as much nudity/sexual content in Michiko compared to the Fujiko series from what I remember of them.

Well........damn O_O

I still consider that inappropriate. Plus holy shit imagine the, justified, rage if the genders were reversed there.

Point is all genders can be awkward and unable to comprehend the implications of their questions.

Honestly, I haven't been to a single panel with a QA that wasn't awkward as fuck. It sounds like this one wasn't too bad.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
no jojos yasssssssss
no gatcha nooooooooo
So like, I wanna be 100% serious right now.

Is there a legit reason as to why you dislike Jojo? Are you just not a fan of how much it gets brought up here? Did you try watching/reading it & it just wasn't something you liked?

Also didn't mind Gatchaman Crowds, but I felt like the naming was only done because it'd make more people check it out. I did dig the music and art style of the series, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom