• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Toonami tents to not go for the jiggle shows, so HOTD is not a likely candidate.
*insert gif of Honey from Space Dandy here*

What are some good Sentai shows that they could air?
Assuming the dubs are good:

- Parasyte
- Persona 4
- High School of the Dead ("so bad it's good")
- Uhh....BTOOM! I guess? It's Battle Royale but everyone has EXPLOSIONS!!!
- CROSS ANGE, RIGHT GUYS?!
- Something called "Log Horizon", I don't think you guys heard of it
- Ninja Scroll could work for Movie Month
- QUEEN'S BLADE & SEIKON NO QWASER (these will never, never air)
- S-cry-ed (wait, that aired already)

That's all that comes to mind that would fit on Toonami. They also have Grave of the Fireflies of all things.

Edit: & they have the rights to........Big O? Huh.

What are some good Sentai shows that they could air?

tumblr_nd517ex6vd1s5mgubo1_500.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sentai also has Godannar. I should watch that one of these days.

OH MAN, GOLGO 13. Maybe they could air one of the movies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Actually, my Persona 4 remark reminds me of the fact for some strange reason, Sentai has the rights to P4 The Animation, but Aniplex has the rights to P4 Golden: The Animation.

Also hilarious is the fact Sentai actually bothered to get most of the voice actors from the game while Aniplex was just all "LOL U CAN HAZ SUBTITLED ONLY"

Is it wrong that I also feel this way? It'll at least be interesting every week, which is more than I can say for Final Act.

Final Act is honestly the only thing I've watched on Toonami all year. (I'd watch One Piece, but I'm usually working early on Sunday mornings) I mean, that says more about me than the shows, I guess, but at least there will be something new on the block in the future.

Crocodile

Just as a random comment, I still argue that the Vampire Twins arc in Black Lagoon didn't really work. The show combines over-the-top action/concepts with serious themes, and it usually works out very well because it actually ends up highlighting the serious theme when you surround it with something you'd see in an action movie. But I think with that particular arc, they went too far in both directions and it really threw off the balance the series typically maintains.

I can't say I disagree that much, it certainly was one of the weaker arcs but I still felt it was pretty decent all things considered.

Sentai also has Godannar. I should watch that one of these days.

OH MAN, GOLGO 13. Maybe they could air one of the movies.

Do it. I think it is the type of show you would really enjoy.

Even if Akame ga Kill is pretty bleh, I'd rather watch it over Final Act.

setting_low_bar.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Even if Akame ga Kill is pretty bleh, I'd rather watch it over Final Act.
In all fairness, I kind of feel the same way, if not for the fact I just wasn't into Inuyasha in the first place & would've honestly skipped Final Act if not for ToonamiGAF.

I'd rather take a new IP over a sequel to an IP I just feel "eeehhhhhhh" about. & really, Final Act overall so far hasn't changed my opinion on the series much.

Grexeno

You know, the most likely reason we didn't get JoJo today is that they didn't know about getting a dub whev they got these new shows, since it seems like they get shows quite a while before they actually air.

In all fairness, I kind of feel the same way, if not for the fact I just wasn't into Inuyasha in the first place & would've honestly skipped Final Act if not for ToonamiGAF.

I'd rather take a new IP over a sequel to an IP I just feel "eeehhhhhhh" about. & really, Final Act overall so far hasn't changed my opinion on the series much.

I still liked the first series for all its flaws and I think Final Act is kind of a trainwreck

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You know, the most likely reason we didn't get JoJo today is that they didn't know about getting a dub whev they got these new shows, since it seems like they get shows quite a while before they actually air.
Probably. The dub has been such a mystery lately, & we still don't know the VA list for S1.

I imagine once we actually KNOW about the release & such, we might get it either later this year or more likely next year. Would be amazing if they waited & had it so S2 could air right after S1, but then it'd be about 70ish episodes. Not sure if they want a series that long with 3 long-running shows already.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
any of you buggers playing the splatoons
If I had the funds, I would gladly get the game and the amiibo 3-pack. But at the moment, I'm gonna have to wait.

Maybe I'll get it with the $25 I have on Amazon, or wait until I have more credit. Need to see what's coming out in June aside from J-Stars.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*looks at schedule*

When's Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax coming out? Might get that since it's suppose to release for $40 (or $30 on Vita) & I wanna support the fact Sega is actually bringing it here. Also wanting Steins;Gate, but it seems there's really nothing else until Fall with Danganronpa AE (got the LE pre-ordered), maybe Project Mirai DX, Persona 4 Dancing, & other stuff that doesn't have a release date/window yet.

Edit: Actually, think there's a chance we could see a review for DBFC? I mean, it's technically Toonami related with the fact SAO (& Durarara) characters are in it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Actually, yeah, "1st show" seems interesting. I wonder if they worked something out to have a replacement for Akame Ga Kill or will have another show for when SAO2 ends (does Aniplex really have anything left at this point aside from the Fate series?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom