• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
so this is what was announced today?

How are these shows? Any good?
Michiko & Hatchin is produced by Watanabe & directed by the same person who'd go on to do Lupin III: Woman Named Fujiko Mine, so it sounds like it should be good.

Akame Ga Kill sounds like the quality of Blue Exorcist BUT WITH MORE EDGE.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Michiko & Hatchin is produced by Watanabe & directed by the same person who'd go on to do Lupin III: Woman Named Fujiko Mine, so it sounds like it should be good.

We should be more clear here. Watanabe is the music producer, not the producer producer.

It was basically Manglobe's big production after Samurai Champloo and Ergo Proxy.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Okay, cautiously optimistic, though I haven't seen anything Lupin related besides Castle of Cagliostro. (which was badass as shit)

Which quality of Blue Exorcist are you talking about? Serious plot Blue Exorcist, or comedy hijinks Blue Exorcist?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Okay, cautiously optimistic, though I haven't seen anything Lupin related besides Castle of Cagliostro. (which was badass as shit)

Which quality of Blue Exorcist are you talking about? Serious plot Blue Exorcist, or comedy hijinks Blue Exorcist?
Metatron corrected me in that Watanabe only produced the music, but I stil have faith with the director.

& "Shonen Plot" Blue Exorcist, from what I've been hearing on here. Not the fun & wacky BE.

Moaradin

Akame ga Kill is very weird. It has a lot of wacky hijinks, tons of fanservice and harem elements, but at the same time it tries to be really edgy. It's a weird combination that's entertaining for a while until you realize (minor spoilers)
how barebones the characters are, and how predictable it becomes.

ckohler

Does it have a lovely tsundere, also?

tumblr_n1xlssNOPh1rjf4f5o1_500.gif

daveo42

Banned
AND FUCK THIS EPISODE ALREADY! Kirito playing it up as a cute girl? GAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

To SAO's credit (vomited a bit in my mouth) they do explain this later.

Well that''s good. Kinda odd that Sinon is going to give Kirito her info after being pissed at him for being a guy.

Edit: oh not personal info...though I'm guessing that'll come later

I like Akame Ga Kill, I feel the biggest problem people here will have with it is that it suffers from Brotherhood/Hellsing comedy where it has a very serious dark plot and then randomly switches into overly goofy comedy.

The actual plot is good not great, it's certainly more enjoyable then Blue Exorcist and has a good amount of action. I think people here will generally like it more then Anime GAF did on average

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yikes, it has that whiplash moodswing comedy that Hellsing had? Hopefully it won't be as bad/jarring, considering the art style and AKG looking more anime-ish in comparison.

Grexeno

Yikes, it has that whiplash moodswing comedy that Hellsing had? Hopefully it won't be as bad/jarring, considering the art style and AKG looking more anime-ish in comparison.
AGK is basically a reverse Hellsing.

Hellsing is normally a dark, super-violent show with random burst of bizarre comedy.

AGK normally looks light and cheerful until random bursts of super dark violence.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
AGK normally looks light and cheerful until random bursts of super dark violence.
For some reason, Narutaru came to mind when I read this, except it's "looks light & cheerful until becoming super dark & violent".

I'll have to see, it doesn't sound as bad as Hellsing.

Moaradin

For some reason, Narutaru came to mind when I read this, except it's "looks light & cheerful until becoming super dark & violent".

I'll have to see, it doesn't sound as bad as Hellsing.

It's pretty jarring. It's not like the show goes from light and cheerful and progressively gets darker as more things are reveals. It goes from super dark shit to wacky hijinks right afterwards constantly.

ckohler

I like Akame Ga Kill, I feel the biggest problem people here will have with it is that it suffers from Brotherhood/Hellsing comedy where it has a very serious dark plot and then randomly switches into overly goofy comedy.

Good. The comedy was some of my favorite parts of Hellsing.

daveo42

Banned
Wow...the last episode was surprisingly boring outside of the melodrama right at the end of the episode. Plus, I could have done without the naked Kirito bit. Sinon is also giving Kirito far to many chances, though nothing stops the pull of Kirito.

Moaradin

Akame ga Kill will produce good reactions at least. And with how edgy the show is, it could be super hilarious depending on the dub quality.

jbug617

Banned
What are some good Sentai shows that they could air?

Depends on how recent you want. I think these are good candidates (fits Toonami and already dubbed) that Sentai might do.

Parasyte
Btooom!
Magical Warfare
Majestic Prince
Knights of Sidonia
Bodacious Space Pirates
Medaka Box
Medaka Box Abnormal (S2)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzTaLpjE5fbUhVy

I'ma just draw everyone as inklings, I'm not going to be original at all. XD

Maybe. Maybe not. What would a bald inkling look like? Krillin tries to answer... but it's probably impossible...

I saw the first episode of agk when it was airing and hated it. I can't see anyway for me to enjoy unless it turns into hate watch territory. Maybe Sentai lives up to the hype a provides a dub worthy of that honor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom