• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'm just glad you call Mira a piece of junk. Cuz she is.

Also great job on the quick Sara drawing. I make sure not to take a blind eye to your drawings.

Kyo told me it was a term of endearment! And she seems to take it well too!

I'm happy to see the appreciation. I'll gladly take watch for it!

Mira always looked better in a kimono anyway, and I dunno, Sara's expression made her look like she wasn't really blind at all, lol

Wish I could have gotten the details on the Kimono! Didn't get to put the petals and such.

Rule for anime eyes: If they don't have light dots, they're either Blind or Dead! So, y'know, Trisha Elric, Trunks, all those dudes in HxH tonight didn't die, they just went blind!.. Wait...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone. Another show bites the dust.

Dragon Ball Z Kai:
Timelines! Time travel! Multiverse theory! Cell is really thirsty.
Seriously, "Android" is not a word I would use to describe Cell. He's a bio-organic creation. I mean, he was a fetus at one point, and has a larval state.

Hunter x Hunter:
Our first real look at Hisoka and his personality. In that you have to RUN AWAY when you can. Now you know where Kishi got the idea for Orochimaru.

Samurai Champloo:
Subtitles? On my Toonami?
Nice music in this one. Of course, the twist at the end had to happen. Blind people in anime can't just be blind.

Naruto Shippuden:
It's over! It's finally over! Good lord that took too long to do... NOTHING. Then Deidara and Tobi show up and accomplish what Orochimaru and Guren attempted for 24 or something episodes. God damn filler.

One Piece:
Hmm, a zombie dog penguin that acts like Sanji. A zombie that acts like Zoro. Naah it has to be a coincidence. Oh hey, giant literal spider-monkey!

Dimension W:
This show could have been so much more. I think the problem lies in the episode length. There was clearly a TON of stuff they wanted to get through, but only had 12 episodes to do it. They needed like 24, especially when the manga has waaaaay more material. I wanted to like this world, but the situations and immense exposition bits made me lose interest in everything. Maybe Funimation should be more careful on what they invest in. If they choose to invest in another anime.

Grexeno

Need to rewatch Hunter x Hunter and Champloo because I was really out of it during those shows.

I'll also rewatch the One Piece ep. Fuck Shippuden though.

The end of Dimension W reminded me when it started and thought it was decent. When it was the main two bascially solving mystery of the week stuff I thought it was decent enough.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Samurai Champloo: July 2nd
Parasyte: October 1st
Gundam: Iron Blooded-Orphans: November 19th
DBZ Kai: November 26th (original) January 27th 2018 (Buu Arc)
Hunter x Hunter: February 16th 2019
Naruto Shippuden: Almost over in Japan! ... Right?
One Piece: The Sea Train Keeps Rolling

So I'm playing Uncharted 4 on crushing, and I think that might be putting me off a bit.

Because it feels like I'm fighting terminators, and not mercenaries.

So I'm playing Uncharted 4 on crushing, and I think that might be putting me off a bit.

Because it feels like I'm fighting terminators, and not mercenaries.

The harder difficulties in most games feels like an annoyance where you aren't ever equipped for what you are supposed to deal with and you have to persevere through luck and not have any fun. I wish more games difficulty made the game more difficult in a way that wasn't just upping the modifier for enemy health and damage and then calling it a day.

Now let me tell you about Doom on Nightmare

ckohler

I just watched this week's Pre-Flight. Jason introduced the Kai promo from last night as the "Double DBZ Kai one night special brought to you by lawyers across America and Japan."

So yes, it's a one night only thing confirmed. It sounds to me like getting the rights to air Gundam is giving them real problems.

Samurai Champloo: July 2nd
Parasyte: October 1st
Gundam: Iron Blooded-Orphans: November 19th
DBZ Kai: November 26th (original) January 27th 2018 (Buu Arc)
Hunter x Hunter: February 16th 2019
Naruto Shippuden: Almost over in Japan! ... Right?
One Piece: The Sea Train Keeps Rolling

Toonami's schedule is looking pretty static in the coming months. Hoping Champloo's replacement is good so we'll (mostly) have good times ahead of us.

Regiruler

I just watched this week's Pre-Flight. Jason introduced the Kai promo from last night as the "Double DBZ Kai one night special brought to you by lawyers across America and Japan."

So yes, it's a one night only thing confirmed. It sounds to me like getting the rights to air Gundam is giving them real problems.

Airing a rerun ep at 12:30 would surely be ratings suicide.

That said I'm curious as to what the ratings will be for next week. How many come for just DBZ, and how many come for just the first 30 minutes?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Victor Entertainment produced the music of the series, which was composed and arranged by Toshio Masuda and directed by Keiichi Nozaki. Director Shinichi Watanabe wrote the lyrics for the opening and closing themes,. The opening theme which were performed by Yumiko Kobayashi and Mikako Takahashi who were credited as The Excel♥Girls . The lyrics for the opening theme Love (Loyalty) (「愛(忠誠心)」 Ai (Chūseishin)?) were written "on the train, five minutes before the deadline".

Apparently you can rush genius.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Current DBZ Power Levels.

Top Tier:

Android 16
Android 17
Piccolo
Android 18
Cell

Let's explain this for a moment. The top three (IGNORING THE SPOILER FOR NOW) are all incredibly close in power level. The problem is that Piccolo gets weaker as the fight goes on and absolutely cannot beat both androids at one, let alone all three. Future Trunks has the same problem with his weaker androids at home ironically. Cell is weaker than any of them...but there are a lot of people to eat.

Saiyan Tier

Goku
Vegeta
Future Trunks
Gohan

There's absolutely no proof of this...But we all know Goku is stronger than Vegeta. Trunks was blown away by his full power at the test BEFORE Goku trained for three straight years and Vegeta has been playing catch up the entire time. We honestly have no idea how Goku compares to the androids...
nor will we.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Current DBZ Power Levels.

Top Tier:

Android 16
Android 17
Piccolo
Android 18
Cell

Let's explain this for a moment. The top three (IGNORING THE SPOILER FOR NOW) are all incredibly close in power level. The problem is that Piccolo gets weaker as the fight goes on and absolutely cannot beat both androids at one, let alone all three. Future Trunks has the same problem with his weaker androids at home ironically. Cell is weaker than any of them...but there are a lot of people to eat.

Saiyan Tier

Goku
Vegeta
Future Trunks
Gohan

There's absolutely no proof of this...But we all know Goku is stronger than Vegeta. Trunks was blown away by his full power at the test BEFORE Goku trained for three straight years and Vegeta has been playing catch up the entire time. We honestly have no idea how Goku compares to the androids...
nor will we.

actually, doesn't piccolo say that Vegeta is probably stronger than Goku now? I mean, Goku was sick, but Piccolo was Goku's training partner for 3 years, he'd know his strength the best.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
actually, doesn't piccolo say that Vegeta is probably stronger than Goku now? I mean, Goku was sick, but Piccolo was Goku's training partner for 3 years, he'd know his strength the best.

I don't think so. It also doesn't track at all. Goku spent a year training in space learning sick ass instant transmission and trained with piccolo for three years while Vegeta spent all that time catching up to SSJ. Hell I'm not even sure he's stronger than Trunks. He probably is but there's absolutely no proof on any of this.

In the next few episodes we'll find out that
No one is better than Goku at training.

Jarate

Banned
HJ66ZFu.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Haruhi has a good cat.

I made a reference to that last night, but the She Pea Neone was the winner during that episode.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
hey remember when SAO2 had a catgirl & Kirito pulled her tail & another girl was jealous

Naaa, however, I DO remember the cat people on Tenchi Muyo GX *transmission lost*

too mesmerizing

This is my preferred Keyboard Cat! (It is pretty mesmerizing)

Psh, can't be better than Twilight Suzuka!

I don't remember Ryo-Okie being like that.

Suzuka VS Blind Sara, go!

I'm trying to remember if Ryo-ouki was like that before we saw her as a full on matured cat-rabbit girl or not... *excuses to watch Tenchi again rising!*

Line_HTX

I can't believe Toonami actually showed that Tenchi Muyo hot springs episode when A) it was 45 minutes long, and B) Ryoko actually had nothing on and there were nipples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom