• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd never be on the podcast. I'm not a very good speaker and am pretty sensitive about my voice (even though it's probably fine). I've played WoW for over a decade and the only time I've ever spoken was when I was in the same guild for 4 years and felt comfortable enough being around the same people for so long. Never done voice chat anywhere else and that's why I mostly only play co-op games (not competitive multiplayer which I don't play at all) on PC because I can type instead.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Usually too busy with my own production on a Tuesday to take time out for another venture, though maybe in the off season.

Jarate

Banned
Hopefully the RNG in Xenoverse 2 gets fixed for item drops and removed for quest conditions.

also for them to make the game a little bit better in general. I liked Xenoverse a lot, but even comparing it to Burst Limit it was meh in gameplay.

hopefully they focus on making it like a Dragon Ball rpg and less like a fighter too.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Still pretty amazing that the ass end of Toonami pulls 0.3s these days. The main premieres on Adult Swim Action used to pull around a 0.3 or 0.4.

Jarate

Banned
when are they gonna uncancel bleach?

hoKUTmJ.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Another solid night.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/05/17/saturday-cable-ratings-may-14-2016/

Code:
Show			Net	Time		Viewers (000s)	18-49 rating
DRAGON BALL Z KAI	ADSM	12:00 AM	1,482		0.7
DIMENSION W		ADSM	12:30 AM	1,160		0.5
HUNTER X HUNTER		ADSM	1:00 AM		1,049		0.5
SAMURAI CHAMPLOO	ADSM	1:30 AM		925		0.4
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN	ADSM	2:00 AM		916		0.4
ONE PIECE		ADSM	2:30 AM		819		0.4
PARASYTE		ADSM	3:00 AM		705		0.3

That's pretty damn good.

When the manga finishes and Adult Swim bankrolls a Bleach: Blood War anime.

I don't want it, but I know it has to happen. :(

*reading up on Bleach*

What the hell is going on?

Who are these people?

Beats the fuck out of me. I can't be bothered anymore.

bleach is so god awful that I think its slowly killing me week by week

let me sum up every single fight in bleach ever

IsuzVcI.gif

Except it doesn't take 5 seconds it takes like 5 months, but only 5 minutes pass in the series

The arc started in 2011 (i think who fucking cares) and this is what has happened in 5 years, spoilers but who cares

http://i.imgur.com/cwQQsfb.jpg

fuck kubo. This feels worse then One Piece where like 2 days pass between each arc

Grexeno

Remember how
the dead Fullbringers showed back up at the end of that one chapter and haven't shown up again since then (like 5 fucking years?)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Next chapter: Ichigo swings his sword
Next chapter: Yhwach swings his sword
Next chapter: Orihime cries
Next chapter: Random cutaway to other characters for a month

Raxus

The sad thing is on occasion Bleach reaches the perfect point to end a fight....and then it keeps going and going and going.

So many 'this isn't even my final form' x1000 in the latest arc.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It sounds like it was a good idea to get out of Bleach during the Bounts arc or whatever they were called.

Line_HTX

Another solid night.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/05/17/saturday-cable-ratings-may-14-2016/

Code:
Show			Net	Time		Viewers (000s)	18-49 rating
DRAGON BALL Z KAI	ADSM	12:00 AM	1,482		0.7
DIMENSION W		ADSM	12:30 AM	1,160		0.5
HUNTER X HUNTER		ADSM	1:00 AM		1,049		0.5
SAMURAI CHAMPLOO	ADSM	1:30 AM		925		0.4
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN	ADSM	2:00 AM		916		0.4
ONE PIECE		ADSM	2:30 AM		819		0.4
PARASYTE		ADSM	3:00 AM		705		0.3
Still pretty amazing that the ass end of Toonami pulls 0.3s these days. The main premieres on Adult Swim Action used to pull around a 0.3 or 0.4.

It's amazing how much the numbers have improved overall since Toonami came back.

I'm wondering, which premieres back then got 0.4?

At this point its just like checking off a checklist.

"Ok, who hasn't used a Bankai yet? What? 40 people? Damn then we need 40 fights! And 40 enemies! This guys name is Wrrclyzorf Olirtrecrifucius (u dont need to remember) and he is the "F" which stands for "I don't give a FUCK anymore"

Raxus

"Ok, who hasn't used a Bankai yet? What? 40 people? Damn then we need 40 fights! And 40 enemies! This guys name is Wrrclyzorf Olirtrecrifucius (u dont need to remember) and he is the "F" which stands for "I don't give a FUCK anymore"
dead2.gif

I love how a couple letters died before we even knew wtf they were about. Can't wait for the umlauts.

Mizerman

9sxHPBx.jpg

Raxus

One fight boils down to someone literally getting a Zanpakto whose sole purpose is to defeat _____ enemy.

It is like the Enel fight but a trillion times dumber.

Now that HxH is on Toonami we can talk about the official romanizations of the characters names like Curarpikt, Quwrof Wrlccywrlir, Kkkyau and Phalcnothdk. I swear these aren't Lovecraftian Eldritch Horrors I made up by mashing the keyboard.

Ray Down

Banned
bleach is so god awful that I think its slowly killing me week by week

let me sum up every single fight in bleach ever

IsuzVcI.gif

Except it doesn't take 5 seconds it takes like 5 months, but only 5 minutes pass in the series

The arc started in 2011 (i think who fucking cares) and this is what has happened in 5 years, spoilers but who cares

http://i.imgur.com/cwQQsfb.jpg

fuck kubo. This feels worse then One Piece where like 2 days pass between each arc

It really shows in the Gerald fight he always pulls something to get the upperhand, the only thing they haven't done is throw him into orbit and nuke him.

Don't forget 2015 where only three real fights actually happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom