• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
LugwDEE.gif

I just beat Uncharted 4.

It's good. I'm willing to bet most fans will love it.

There a few things that irk me about it. I wouldn't call it great. It's great in areas, but it never becomes a complete cohesive whole.

TUSR

Banned
Theres too much TLoU in UC4, story wise to start and end so far into a series.

I wish Druckmann would have worked on all the Uncharted games.

Soulflarz

Banned
Theres too much TLoU in UC4, story wise to start and end so far into a series.

I wish Druckmann would have worked on all the Uncharted games.

yeah

or none

basically the reason youd like uc4 isn't the same reason you'd like uc1-3

it's like tlou if tlou was fun to play in comparison, but it's also not like an uc at all as a result

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*watches My Hero Academia episode 7*

Holy hell yeeeeessssssss Bones did a fantastic job at the moment that made laugh out of pure "omg this is amazing" & knew this was a series I would enjoy.

Can it air after Gundam IBO please

Raxus

*watches My Hero Academia episode 7*

Holy hell yeeeeessssssss Bones did a fantastic job at the moment that made laugh out of pure "omg this is amazing" & knew this was a series I would enjoy.

Can it air after Gundam IBO please

It is likely Jack will air after IBO.

I am still holding out hope we will get MHA somewhere down the line but we are kind of limited for the next few months in terms of new shows.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It is likely Jack will air after IBO.

I am still holding out hope we will get MHA somewhere down the line but we are kind of limited for the next few months in terms of new shows.

There's always a chance they take back 11:30 for Samurai Jack, which would leave 12:30 for something else to move in after Gundam ends. It's a show that would benefit being earlier in the night. (Whether the ratings would benefit or not is another matter.) Adding a time slot for it also gives them more flexibility in when to start it. Otherwise you're looking at launching Jack on Thanksgiving weekend and into December, the worst time of the year for Toonami.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I got to imagine that special plans are in store for Samurai Jack, like it could be taking over 11 PM. Yea, I know how well Family Guy reruns do but Jack is their prized original series revival and I can't see anything less the the golden treatment for it even if it means bulldozing down some Family Guy.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
There should be more series like Excel Saga where the same basic scenario is used but a completely original story is made.

I'm not including FMA in this since a good half of that series consisted of altering events from the manga to occur in different chronological order and with varying amounts of focus. For instance, cornello occurs in the present, while Nina and the first Scar encounter occur in the past, when Ed was studying for the state alchemist exam. The nina/tucker story still occurs in both.

In Excel Saga, Pedro has one panel in the manga. One.

The great will is not a tangible character.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I got to imagine that special plans are in store for Samurai Jack, like it could be taking over 11 PM. Yea, I know how well Family Guy reruns do but Jack is their prized original series revival and I can't see anything less the the golden treatment for it even if it means bulldozing down some Family Guy.

Agreed. There's no way they shove Jack at 12:30 or later, it's at least going to get 11:30 back.

There should be more series like Excel Saga where the same basic scenario is used but a completely original story is made.

I'm not including FMA in this since a good half of that series consisted of altering events from the manga to occur in different chronological order and with varying amounts of focus. For instance, cornello occurs in the present, while Nina and the first Scar encounter occur in the past, when Ed was studying for the state alchemist exam. The nina/tucker story still occurs in both.

That's what both Negima TV series did (the second more so), and I wasn't a fan of the outcome, particularly in that it meant the actual interesting parts of the manga weren't being adapted.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It is hard to say what might replace IBO at this point because what aligns in the here and now may not be the case come the fall.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That's what both Negima TV series did (the second more so), and I wasn't a fan of the outcome, particularly in that it meant the actual interesting parts of the manga weren't being adapted.

That always pissed me off. There were some pretty cool arcs in there, but no one ever bothered to animate them.

Raxus

Perhaps but I am not so sure about MHA for a couple of reasons.

I know one is Funimation currently streaming the dub and expense but is there any other reason? I am sure OPM isn't going to be cheap either. Though I would like to be pleasantly surprised.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I know one is Funimation currently streaming the dub and expense but is there any other reason? I am sure OPM isn't going to be cheap either. Though I would like to be pleasantly surprised.

We are kind of top heavy with shonen as it is, in particular Shonen Jump programs, the Toonami Committee may hold back on getting yet another one. Episode count is also a factor for both MHA and OPM as we don't typically get one cour shows. Dimension W is the exception, not the rule. I could be wrong about this but there have been subtle movement is what Toonami has been doing is keeping the product mix somewhat distinct.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
That's not what people are normally looking at

Well, it's not like there's a keyboard in the picture! I am looking at the cat(girl)! And her ClanClans.

GIF making is mostly mouse based.

I used to use a lot of left/right key scrubbing when using GifMovieGear back in the day!

Using an Anime to tell a story in a second attempt to present events and ideas that were previously under-developed or under-utilized seems like a nice strat to me. If you build it so that important characters can have side-stories developed on screen (so not filler characters, but characterization the author just never got to write), this should be an idea way to use an anime adaptation to BUILD the franchise, rather than split from it.

I wonder who'se the one at most to blame? Studios, or content creators? Being able to explore meaningful facets or pre-existing characters should be the first thing "filler" content attempts, y'know? Why make reject characters that ape on ideas the mangaka might use later on, which waters down both creations in the end?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I wanted to be on the podcast tomorrow but I totally didn't realize that's the same night as the Rifftrax, & I somehow didn't know this is the 2nd/last night

Granted, it's not the one I really want to see & bring my friend to, which is next month & a MST3K reunion, but damn it, that was poor planning.

Oh well, it's for a film I haven't heard of & this will be the only time I can vent about Dimension W with a group who watched it as well.

Edit: Hahahahaha omg, ep. 7 of Space Patrol Luluco, it's basically the "lol let's reference Kill la Kill" episode.

Raxus

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I wanted to be on the podcast tomorrow but I totally didn't realize that's the same night as the Rifftrax, & I somehow didn't know this is the 2nd/last night

Granted, it's not the one I really want to see & bring my friend to, which is next month & a MST3K reunion, but damn it, that was poor planning.

Oh well, it's for a film I haven't heard of & this will be the only time I can vent about Dimension W with a group who watched it as well.

Edit: Hahahahaha omg, ep. 7 of Space Patrol Luluco, it's basically the "lol let's reference Kill la Kill" episode.

Oh fuck me I forgot too. Eh.....Grex?

Regiruler

I can do your little peasant podcast if you can't be bothered to do it yourselves

I'm too self conscious of my voice in live chat and I don't have any noteworthy opinions from this week

Jarate

Banned
I'm game for the podcast if you need the people

Also, don't be self conscious about your voice, not everyone can be a sexy sounding as me!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm more self conscious on having to listen to my voice. I can't bring myself to re-listen to the podcast I was on last time because all I'll do is "crap, I should've said this" or "ugh, I knew this is where I wanted to bring up this point, but I forgot"

I actually should do my best to type up any show notes since I feel like I might be quiet among the other shows.

Line_HTX

Zonic, I really want to hear your rant, because this is most likely how I feel upon 2nd watch.

I think that's the first official anime account that I unfollowed for a multitude of reasons after it was all done. Their marketing sucks, they never tried to get her out more if you know what I mean, and Studio 3Hz (Please remember who they are) fucking got away with flushing money down the toilet that will no doubt result in negative sales for the source material.

Line_HTX

I really really like hearing Bass's point of view. That last episode was a pretty good listen. Don't feel like you're the odd one out. Sometimes it takes a different point of view to get something eye opening, lol.

So, Funimation got this film called Harmony that will be shown tomorrow and Wednesday. Wednesday is the day that it'll be shown dubbed, so I got that one, but the other reason was that it was an earlier start time since the runtime is kind of long. I would love to have watched it subbed if it didn't start so late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom