• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

is there actually a character named cracker or are you just joking

Jarate

Banned
imagine dubbing this show. Imagine being an actor, with these heavy scenes involving Cracker.

CRACKER, WHY DID YOU DO THIS

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At Goodwill since they opened their new location/building up, they have the ADV DVDs of Full Metal Panic for $3 each, the entire series save for volumes 1 & 6 but got 2, 3, 4, 5, & 7.

Ive heard a lot about Full Metal Panic, but dont even know what it is?

What is Full Metal Panic?

There are people around the world that have knowledge of alien technology embedded in their brains, and a military organization works to protect them. One of them is a high school girl, so they send a teenage boy soldier to attend the high school and protect her.

It's a mix of wacky comedy (which is emphasized in FMP: Fumoffu) and serious action that involves mechs for some reason (which is emphasized in FMP: The Second Raid).

Jarate

Banned
I just watched the Kickheart trailer and thought the animation style was fine.

There was this thing they did with Toonami, where it was this poorly animated blue guy in space that was made by some unknown animator. That shit was so bad.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If you go back and count ASA then Candidate for Pilot Goddess or whatever it was named has the record hands down. Especially funny considering it was in the original Saturday all action block.

If you count just Nu TOONAMI then BtB is the least appealing show visually, then Tenchi Muyo GXP. Nothing else is even remotely close to these two.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pilot Candidate? Wasn't that one of the original Toonami shows that aired, like waaaay back in the day?

Beware the Batman at least has some okay design ideas with some occasional flashes of good framing and lighting; it also looks unique in the context of everything else.

Tenchi GXP is flat and lifeless in the way the worst early 2000s anime is with ugly characters and bad colors. It doesn't help that the space stuff in Tenchi Muyo has always been overdesigned nonsense even when that series looked good.

Mizerman

I'm still kinda disappointed that Reign turned out the way it did.

I mean, how the hell do you drop the ball on an anime about Alexander?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well crap, I could've spent $20 on Amazon for a DVD/BD combo pack for Full Metal Panic, then $18 for the 2nd season & another $18 for Fumoffu (....which I might do in the future or see if I can get it as a b-day gift from someone)

Probably gonna spend about $20-$25 for these ADV DVDs which take up 7 discs, but oh well, they're gonna end up with my friend anyways. He's gonna trade me his Dreamcast for the set.

Anyways, GXP suffers from the fact it was in that weird transition from hand drawn to computers, so it looks odd when the style still looks like it belongs in the '90s being hand drawn but it was done with computers.

Jarate

Banned
Beware the Batman at least has some okay design ideas with some occasional flashes of good framing and lighting; it also looks unique in the context of everything else.

Tenchi GXP is flat and lifeless in the way the worst early 2000s anime is with ugly characters and bad colors. It doesn't help that the space stuff in Tenchi Muyo has always been overdesigned nonsense even when that series looked good.

RYqJmAz.gif

Line_HTX

Huh, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is confirmed. I feel like trying the first one out for the hell of it.

It was good, Tom reviewed it well, but it needed some changes. I don't mind grinding, but it was way more grindy than what I wanted when it came to quest conditions to summon special enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom