• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Weekdays are for unpopular opinions and Get Out gifs.

Speaking of, I think I found the perfect gif for this yesterday.

nzYiouv.gif

Jarate

Banned
Z̵̨̨̠͉̰͙̭̹̩̙̐̋͛͊̏̋́̃̆͘ǒ̷̡̗̭̬͙͚̠͕̪̦̈́̑̀̒̌́̄̓͘n̷̢̡̰͎̼̗̞̜̠̲̋́̅̀̌̒͛̓͂͂i̴̧̧̛͉̲̝̘͚̹̦͂̍͗̉͂̃̆͘̕͜c̷̤̙͍̪͙̥͉̠̿̈̒̇͂͒̇͆̌͝ͅͅ

Jarate

Banned
btw, triple post cause who gives a shit

but Zonics issue was a connection issue and not a physical issue. Even if you have perfect internet, there' s still always a chance of weird packet loss/firewall configurations/router things that can change a persons voice like that

If you are using wifi, use your phone near your router please

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What's weird is that technically, I was CLOSER to my router (I was in my room this week compared to a different room where I knew I wouldn't get interrupted by animals & such), so maybe my internet was just crap that day.

I don't know why, but I can't help but laugh at everyone else's laughter now, especially when everyone "talked" about Shippuden.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What's weird is that technically, I was CLOSER to my router (I was in my room this week compared to a different room where I knew I wouldn't get interrupted by animals & such), so maybe my internet was just crap that day.

I don't know why, but I can't help but laugh at everyone else's laughter now, especially when everyone "talked" about Shippuden.

The Shippuden thing is what made this the best podcast episode.

Jarate

Banned
Unfortunately, the Toonami block is during my only tune to really play games during the week.

I'm here to offer moral support.

One day Cornbread, you shall be staring off playing your so called games, and you will realize, that watching Naruto Shippuden Filler is a much better thing to do at this moment. Then you will join us

I'm looking at some footage of Homefront: The Revolution.

It's like if the worst parts of the Call of Duty and Far Cry got together, fucked while high on bath salts, and produced a horrible little bastard child.

Jarate

Banned

It's like if the worst parts of the Call of Duty and Far Cry got together, fucked while high on bath salts, and produced a horrible little bastard child.

the intro to the original Homefront was pretty awesome

it imediately went downhill from there. I had some fun with the original game, although it had some massive problems

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can't even remember when I last saw the original FMA. I only remember the beginning (which was shortened & made a bit more comedic in Brotherhood) & the wtf Bones ending.

I've got FullMetal Alchemist (Both Vanilla and Brotherhood) in my backlog actually. I haven't seen all of FMA (and what I have seen of it was way back when Bionix was a thing) and I haven't any of watched FMA:B. Will be interesting at least.

bigkrev

I don't even remember what happens in original FMA. Maybe it's time I rewatch it.

Maybe...

Homonculi are created as results of Human transmutation
Bradley is actually is Pride in this version and his kid is just normal.
Wraith is a character with Ed's Arm and Leg, and Sloth is... something else
The Homonculi have a weakness where if parts of their original bodies are present, they are weakened

That is off the top of my head.

Yeah, but it takes place in Philly. I'm sadly going to have to play it at some point.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
FMA 03 also has a far better score than Brotherhood, and Brotherhood has great music.

I slightly prefer the color choices in the first show.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, that one kid is Wrath & somehow got Ed's arm & leg.

Also REEAAADDDY STEEAADDDYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Rutger

Banned
I can't say that I have ever felt a want to watch the original FMA anime again.

I'm glad it introduced me to the series, but I'll stick with the manga/Brotherhood anime.

The Homonculi have a weakness where if parts of their original bodies are present, they are weakened

Yeah I'm gonna have to rewatch it. Can barely remember any of this.

Cornbread78

I can't believe I wasted a few hours of my time putting the OT together for it, lol.

zulux21

I know for a lot of people a cubicle job sounds like the most depressing soul crushing job in the world but I can't think of anything better. You mean you get to sit in a nice chair all day in the AC without lifting heavy shit or walking around all day? Yup, cut me up a piece of that please. But I guess the grass is always greener on the other side or some shit.

nah the most depressing soul crushing job is working retail.
being a janitor that deals exclusively with unclogging toilets you would still deal with less pieces of shit >.>

I often feel nauseous if I don't move for really long periods of time. Lack of mobility is toxic for the human body in the long term too. It's a big reason you see health declines and often depression with strict desk jobs. So its not something I would consider all roses and rainbows.

my wife really should take advantage of the fact that her work has lots of areas to walk around in and a slide that goes from one floor to the other.

What did you guys major in to get such fancy cubicle work!

My body fell apart too much to do anything other then Cubicle Work at this stage

my wife got a degree in physics, she has a shared office though not a cubicle :p
my degree is in Natural Sciences with a focus in mathematics... alas I work retail lol.

you gotta share communal cofee and drink that shit black so that everyone respects you

everyone respects a man who can drink black coffee

I actually drink all my coffee black

actually the communal coffee pot is very important for meeting others, and getting upset at those who havent refilled the pot yet.

don't worry guys, when I make millions of dollars off of chiller, you're all going to get jobs at my mansion, and you guys are going to make the worst anime ever made so I can unleash more evil into this world

ooh ooh. I am writing a novel that is basically a lot like a light novel. I am actually on the second draft of it as the first draft was started 12 years ago when I was young and into naruto, and thus it's like a bad naruto rip off with some actual decent ideas here and there (it's a lot more unique now with most of the combat removed :p)

I can't say that I have ever felt a want to watch the original FMA anime again.

I'm glad it introduced me to the series, but I'll stick with the manga/Brotherhood anime.

when brotherhood came out on dvd I watched both series at once.
neither series really does the material that is covered in both very well. Brotherhood goes to fast, and the original really drags on at times. but while I still love the original, I couldn't help but feel that brotherhood was much better put together.

Korigama

Wrath was the result of Izumi trying to bring her son back, and Sloth the result of Ed and Al trying to bring their mother back.
FMA 03 also has a far better score than Brotherhood, and Brotherhood has great music.

I slightly prefer the color choices in the first show.
I only missed Dante's theme myself. As for color choices, didn't have any particular attachment to the art direction over Brotherhood, but I did think that Rose looked better with a darker complexion in '03. But, seeing as the manga/Brotherhood didn't have her get gang raped, impregnated, and temporarily made mute from the trauma like Bones had happen to her in '03 (seriously, WTF Bones), it was a comparably minor trade-off to be rid of such an tasteless improvisation.
Dont forget that Rose is RAPED BY SOLDIERS AND IMPREGNATED! Man, FMA original stuff was just fucked up for no reason.
To this day, I still don't know what the hell they were thinking with that (it couldn't have been more needless).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom