• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBboy20

hqdefault.jpg

This what seems to be the one thing most remember out of the original FMA run.

The Nina scene is shocking and emotional in whichever form of FMA you see first (manga/03/brotherhood) and is one of the most powerful scenes across all 3 versions. Its not made any more impactful in 03 by adding tons of filler with Nina before that point its still equally horrifying and the moment any version of fma reveals the series is gonna be something special.

Moaradin

I feel like FMA 03 would impact me more just because it spent more time getting me attached to the characters.

But it was my first experience with that scene so I guess it wouldn't ever be more impactful the second time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
More My Hero Academia dub announcements

Iida (the smart, fast guy with glasses) is played by J Michael Tatum
Present Mic is Sonny Strait

You've probably never heard of those guys.

Moaradin

Casting seems pretty on point just like the Japanese version. I was really impressed with the dub based on the first few episodes.

I feel like FMA 03 would impact me more just because it spent more time getting me attached to the characters.

But it was my first experience with that scene so I guess it wouldn't ever be more impactful the second time.

I found it dragged out the twist in fma 03 by having so much pointless fuck around, this works both ways. The end point I'm making is that scene hits everyone equally across all 3 versions and whichever you saw first will have the biggest impact since its the one you saw first.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
He's too busy at Viz voicing Genos for One Punch Man.

.......maybe...........hopefully.................

Line_HTX

Christina Kelly ‏@ChristinaMarieK 19m19 minutes ago

Hey guys! Yes, I'm happy to announce I play the sweet, and beautiful Ersha in Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon.

This was the voice of Mine in Akame ga Kill. From one pink hair to another pink hair, this time with plot.

Ersha LARIAT!!

So the first season of Iron Blooded Orphans is pretty solid. It has got some....Gundamisms...but I think most people liked it.

Let's hope the second season stays strong.

zulux21

More My Hero Academia dub announcements

Iida (the smart, fast guy with glasses) is played by J Michael Tatum
Present Mic is Sonny Strait

You've probably never heard of those guys.

why wouldn't people know sonny strait?
he gets around, and he was a main character in the DBZ dub (krillin) also he is ussop from one piece and many other voices.

I really thought Iida would be JYB

given JYB doesn't really work with funimation I don't see why you would expect that :p I think the only times he has worked with funimation in the last 5 years was in repraising roles that he played for other companies in the past such as trigun and eureka seven.

actually looking, it seems like he did a single new show for funimation. Free. but in general he doesn't really work with them.

given JYB doesn't really work with funimation I don't see why you would expect that :p I think the only times he has worked with funimation in the last 5 years was in repraising roles that he played for other companies in the past such as trigun and eureka seven.

actually looking, it seems like he did a single new show for funimation. Free. but in general he doesn't really work with them.

Space Dandy.

Jarate

Banned
So Iron Blooded Orphans is another one of these mediocre shows then?

Is there good yaoi bait for DTL at least. Seems like there would be a ton

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I will now judge the entire Gundam franchise based on this one singular anime that may or may not represent the series as a whole.

Line_HTX

I've grown to dislike Gundam over time. I hope IBO changes my opinion since it's original and doesn't tie into other series.

Gundam has been pretty doo-doo IMO.

Raxus

I'll admit it was better than the others, but for some reason it didn't click with me.

Fair enough. It has been a while since I enjoyed a serious Gundam but I loved Build Fighters and it went a long way to getting excited for the series again.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Tell me, what was wrong with Try?

Try has a long list of issues from a boring, obnoxious and recycled leads, lack of fulfillment in using the trios matches, taking a children's Gundam game way too seriously, having the wrong people go over in certain matches and so on and so forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom