• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenumi

Banned
So Cosmic got permed. That's probably our second causality in the past 30 days. RIP

Man, it sucks when people get permabanned.

It's a perma? I really can't find what did him in. I mean, yeah, the obvious thread, but not an individual post.

It's not my call to make, though, so that's that from me. Already flew too close to the sun before.

...In actual Toonami news, I've at least finished Dimension W, so a little less to go before I'm caught back up (with the exception of One Piece)

Line_HTX

RIP Cosmic.

At least the rest of us are safe here behind Wall Toonami.
For now.

lrqpeWv.jpg

qzRS74V.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't find a gif for the wall explosion, LOL

Crocodile

RECKLESS FIRE

Best part of that show

I remember very little of S-CRY-ed...

But I do remember...Straight Cougar!

All I remember is his name.

No wait, THIS is the best part of that show <3

Cosmic always seemed like a guy who was always getting dangerously close to the sun.

I've enjoyed most of my interactions with Cosmic on Neogaf but this is 100% accurate. It's really easy to avoid getting banned even in "controversial" subjects. Dude liked playing devil's advocate WAY too much.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Interesting, seems like Toonami has only secured the first season of IBO with season 2 incumbent on how well the first one does.

ckohler

Jason DeMarco REALLLY loves Gundam, apparently. He went as far as to say that if he has his way, there would always be a Gundam show on Toonami.

He also said that if IBO does well, they want to pick up the second season that is going to air in Japan.

Grexeno

I wonder if IBO will do as well as the hope it will. It does have Gundam in the title, but that still isn't even close to the namepower of Dragonball Z, and while some people may say that IBO doesn't feel like it needs to have a fight every episode, regular viewers may view it as nothing happening a lot.

I wonder if IBO will do as well as the hope it will. It does have Gundam in the title, but that still isn't even close to the namepower of Dragonball Z, and while some people may say that IBO doesn't feel like it needs to have a fight every episode, regular viewers may view it as nothing happening a lot.

If hxh can do well I'm not worried about a gundam show

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It'll be interesting to see if the nostalgia of Gundam will help with the ratings, but considering how well the ratings have been overall lately, I'd imagine it'll stay over 1 million, especially at 12:30.

Grexeno

Jason DeMarco REALLLY loves Gundam, apparently. He went as far as to say that if he has his way, there would always be a Gundam show on Toonami.

He also said that if IBO does well, they want to pick up the second season that is going to air in Japan.
So basically "now one of those 2 remaining premiere slots will almost always be the most recent dubbed Gundam"

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I thought they said they like Build Fighters?

Not a matter of what they like, they were talking about how Gundam is perceived as a rather adult franchise over here. Build Fighters, as good as it is, is about as toyetic as the franchise has ever gotten and would most likely be rejected by the current audience.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Toonami to be replaced with nothing but Gundam, to be renamed Gundami.

......ya know, maybe I should finally build that Gundam model I bought at a pawn store a few years ago to celebrate the occasion. It still has the original Japanese price tag on it & none of the pieces are even taken out of the bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom