• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

I wonder if the dub voice actor for Bakugou will be able to make his character come across as the huge unlikable dickhead that he is.

Bakugou is basically this guy...

I always wondered if that was taken out of context. Maybe he meant that "success isn't worthwhile if it's a task everyone accomplishes easily"?

Moaradin

I wonder if the dub voice actor for Bakugou will be able to make his character come across as the huge unlikable dickhead that he is.

Bakugou is basically this guy...

...combined with Sasuke.

Put some Wesley Crusher in there too.

Bakugou was a piece of shit in the dub so it was perfect.

Oh, the Bort manga started.
*checks reactions*
Weak art... just retelling the movie... Hinata's boobs are smaller?! Alright, definitely not reading this.

Congrats Hellwarden!

Thanks man. Appreciate it.

I always wondered if that was taken out of context. Maybe he meant that "success isn't worthwhile if it's a task everyone accomplishes easily"?

Man, that would suck for him.

"Hey aren't you that dick who wants other people to fail so you look better?"

*sigh*

Bakugou was a piece of shit in the dub so it was perfect.

Just watched the dub.

It's really on point.

Dat Texas Smash.

Anyway, speaking of Boruto, you know who is probably reading the first chapter right now?

Woolie.

BECAUSE HE'S BACK IN!

Or maybe...he just never left.

Man the internets desire to trash Jurassic World is really sad. I don't even think the film is amazing but its certainly not one of the worst films ever made like some people try and make it out to be.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I hope the sequel is called Jurassic Galaxy so we can have DINOSAURS IN SPACE.

Don't know how else you could go bigger than a park or an entire world

I hope the sequel is called Jurassic Galaxy so we can have DINOSAURS IN SPACE.

Don't know how else you could go bigger than a park or an entire world

Either there's another park, another island of dinosaurs everyone forgot about, or another stupid kid crashes on the island and has to be rescued.

Tamanon

Banned
Persona 5 looks so fucking rad

thoraxespersona56eji8.gif

So stylin'

Jarate

Banned
Man the internets desire to trash Jurassic World is really sad. I don't even think the film is amazing but its certainly not one of the worst films ever made like some people try and make it out to be.

Do you really want me to go ham on this film, cause I can

the fucking antagonist isn't even a fucking dinosaur. How the fuck do you mess up that badly

Jarate

Banned
I remember disliking Jurassic World but I don't think it left enough of an impression on me to remember why.

I wish I could find certain scenes on youtube that are just some of the shit I saw

I think there's a few huge flaws to this film

1. WHERE'S THE FUCKING DINOSAURS
2. WHY IS THE GENETICALLY MODIFIED SUPER DINOSAUR THING JUST A T-REX WITH LONGER ARMS
3. WHY IS THE CGI SO TERRIBLE
4. WHY DID THEY KISS, THEY HAD ABSOLUTELY NO CHEMISTRY
5. THE MAIN CHARACTER IS EASILY THE MOST UNLIKEABLE GENERIC WHITE MALE CHARACTER TO EVER EXIST
6. ALL THE CHARACTERS ACTED LIKE CARTOON CHARACTERS
7. THE CGI WAS WORSE THEN THE FIRST MOVIE

holy fuck it was a fucking trainwreck of a film and completely and utterly didn't understand anything about what made the original so successful. This mixed with the underhanded political message they tried to cram down your throats, along with the REAL BAD GUY IS THE GUBMENT made me cringe. The sets were horrid, the dinosaurs barely existed (other then a fake one btw) and literally the Raptors and T-Rex just fucking team up or some shit. The T-Rex would just fucking eat the raptor after everything was done, but no, it's treated like it's the fucking protector of mankind and jurassic park

fuck everything about that movie. I did laugh an incredible amount at the film though. It was a pretty good hatewatch with my GF

BBboy20

It takes something that looks like nothing else (and the pedigree behind it) for me to remain most anticipating 3-4 years going because otherwise, my hype for it would have died down with all the delays.

1. Persona 5
  2. REmake 2
  3. The Silver Case
  4. No More Heroes 3
  5. ...maybe Uncharted 4
  6. Upcoming Platinum game

Do you really want me to go ham on this film, cause I can

the fucking antagonist isn't even a fucking dinosaur. How the fuck do you mess up that badly

Do you remember Jurassic Park? The film basically functioned like a zombie movie where the dumb greedy human who switched off the security is the reason the dinosaurs get out and kill people. Both films the main villain is a human trying to steal embryos one for a rival company to sell for a massive profit the other for military use.

I get your complaint about the CG not looking as good (well done practical effects almost always look better then well done cgi) and the leads not having great chemistry, but not about the characters being cartoony in nature. Again do you remember JP? Both films are filled with cartoony stereotype characters because both essentially function as zombie films and we need the characters to quickly be identified as people we want to see get eaten.

It also glosses over the things JW did pretty well like showing how the theme park actually works both in the park and behind the scenes, the meta commentary on films when discussing people being bored of the trex and needing something more, having a scene of the dinosaurs breaking though into the civilian area and having a free for all, and the amazing complete shlock that was the final battle scene. It also ignores the films dumber points like the fact they'd let Pratt's character live on a shack in the middle of nowhere, that they wouldn't let their top dinosaur trainer in on the fact they're breeding a new kind of dinosaur and how best to raise it, and the complete throw away fan service scene when they find the old building.

Again I'm not trying to argue JW is some masterpiece of film like the original JP since it clearly isn't, but it's also not complete garbage like the hyperbolic internet culture makes it out to be. It's certainly a ton better then Lost World and JP3 and doesn't feature a scene as dumb as a gymnastics girl using a perfectly placed bar to kick a velociraptor though a window.. Did it deserve to make the billion dollars it made? Of course not, but like Avatar the film should be extra scrutinized because it made a lot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom