• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBboy20

I'm about to head to the airport. Today has been a fantastic sunny day.

thoraxespersona56eji8.gif

Hot AOE.
We need shotgun axe ASAP.

Soulflarz

Banned
Personal take- the amazing flourish is going to be the best novelty going in, but I promise that by 20 hours of it you're going to be wanting it to go faster.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bring Persona 5: The Animation: The Day Breakers to Toonami

Everyone should witness the prologue before TOM reviews the game to encourage people to play it.

Edit: omg so the LE in Japan not only had costumes based on P3 & P4, but you also get said games' battle themes & "jingles"?! BRING THIS LE TO THE US, ATLUS

why are people joking about fairy tail as the next toonami show ;-;

I wonder if Pre-Flight tomorrow is actually gonna say something about DW's replacement.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Considering Atlus brought over the P4DAN LE with some decent/most of the stuff Japan had (including the OST, I think only the Vita theme wasn't included), I'm hopeful the same will be done for P5. I really want that 20th Anniversary CD for my car.

.......now I should see if I can Persona 5 my avatar somehow.

Anyways, we're hoping for DW's replacement tomorrow considering it would be a similar situation to HxH being announced.

People say Fairy Tail missed its chance with Toonami.

Or did Toonami miss its chance with Fairy Tail.

Don't worry, I'll throw myself out.

People have been joking about that for years. Fairy Tail's chance is long gone.

Why would you say that? Toonami has never been shy about picking up "older" shows. Fairy Tail's anime started in 2009 (same year m&h aired) and has been pretty consistently airing for years. The only time I'll say "fairy tail's chance is gone" is when Toonami/Adult Swim go completely under.

Moaradin

It went out the window when we got HxH, and even then it wasn't that likely. They aren't going to add another long running show any time soon. Only way I see it becoming an option is if the block gets significantly expanded again.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Or maybe, just maybe....

....we'll get another show from Viz that's a short series like Dimension W being 12 episodes.......

LIKE ONE PUNCH MAN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD VIZ LET TOONAMI AIR IT

It went out the window when we got HxH, and even then it wasn't that likely. They aren't going to add another long running show any time soon. Only way I see it becoming an option is if the block gets significantly expanded again.

So in 3 years they couldn't air ft as hxh's replacement?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That's why I try to be on the podcast when it's a show finale or premiere, because I feel like I'll have more to say unless there was a super memorable episode for me to talk about. I'm nowhere near as analytical as, say, Seda, who does a great job breaking apart why something like character development, plot, pacing, etc.

It's also why I have much more trouble describing why I like something like a movie.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Boy I can't wait for One Piece Burning Blood.

*gets email from Namco saying GameStop has an exclusive pin set*

.........damn it, I hate having to decide between 20% discount from Amazon or Best Buy or getting a store-exclusive pre-order bonus that isn't just DLC I can nab later.

Line_HTX

Whoohoo, finally flying after a frustrating trip to even board. I actually missed it, but luckily I boarded another one right after with slightly better seat closer to the front. If I can manage it, I'll experience watching Toonami in the Eastern time zone.

Jarate

Banned
do we have the highest concentration of people getting their phds in here?

congrats to everyone on their finals, I remember going ham studying math and fucking nailing that final. always a good feel

Mizerman

do we have the highest concentration of people getting their phds in here?

congrats to everyone on their finals, I remember going ham studying math and fucking nailing that final. always a good feel

Heh. I'm currently going after my bachelor's.

Moaradin

Did people want Michiko and Hatchin? Fairy Tail is still really popular regardless of how much yall might hate it.

Hichoko and Hatchin is a lot shorter and they were looking for more mature anime at the time. And It probably wasn't very expensive at all.

I just don't see them adding another 300+ episode anime any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom