• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.
BZhEN9v.jpg

See, Bulbasaur really is the best.

Who doesn't want to hug that little guy?

So as some of you know, Man God gifted me some games the other day. I've been blowing through one them.
Shantae_3_cover.png

Shantae is a lot of fun. Funny writing, good characters, fun bosses.

It does have one platforming foible that kinda irks me. Often when you run or jump into an enemy you'll be knocked back. And this can sometimes knock you off a ledge, and result in you needing to do some serious backtracking to get to where you need to be.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ah yes, the "Pushed Back after being hurt" mechanic of platformers made famous from games such as Castlevania.

But yeah, got it on sale when it was $10 a while back & rather fun, considering I really didn't like the GBC original and had no damn idea where I was suppose to go.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guys, Toonami asked on their Facebook what your favorite Mobile Suit is.

........................................this couldn't possibly be a hint at the new show, right?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

........................................this couldn't possibly be a hint at the new show, right?

You need to say either

be60d777f3ff3f16a1eeed260723340e.jpg

or

1464.jpg

Really, just Megas. You need to get Megas back for us, only you can do it.

The news coming out of Fort McMurray has me pretty worried about this hitting closer to home. It's going to be a long summer here.

You know I actually don't have a clear cut favourite Gundam. Probably either one of G Gundam, Gundam SEED or Iron Blooded Orphans.

I mean we know IBO is getting a dub but no info of when/where it'll air.

Edit: Also just saw civil war, its basically the film bat v sup tried to be but failed epically at making. Civil War is great.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That movie lied, it didn't take place during the Civil War at all.

Might as well have called the film "Iron Man: Vietnam War".

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Could be one of those question polls that they do for pre-flight.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Anyway, casting my vote in favor of the new Toonami show being One Punch Man, we know it is getting a dub and we have not heard any news on it in awhile.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Honestly, I could see One Punch Man and My Hero Acadamia airing back to back given that they are both superheros shows and also one cour each.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Getting those shows back-to-back would be amazing.

& yes, Viz has One-Punch Man, which is why I was excited by the fact HxH premiered because it showed Viz is okay with their shows hitting the block again.

Regiruler

I saw the Jungle Book today.

My mom said it was my favorite film as a small child but I remember so fucking little of it that I confused the bear and the gorilla king for the longest damn time

Movie itself was ok, I was actually more impressed by the trailer for BFG I saw before it (the CG looks so fucking fluid sweet jesus).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
BFG?

They're making a movie based on that weapon from Doom?

I know, Big Friendly Giant, we have the poster at my theater, but as a gamer, that's what I think of when I hear "BFG"

Watching Yu Yu Hakusho when suddenly low key racism. Like the first black guy in the show just so happens to be a scumbag who beats on the unconscious person in the tournament and is allowed to on a technicality? Jeez.

I keep forgetting Battleborn is a thing.

Think that's a problem plaguing the people making it?

Do they forget about it too?

Raxus

I keep forgetting Battleborn is a thing.

Think that's a problem plaguing the people making it?

Do they forget about it too?

That's unfair.

From what I understand it is a pretty solid game that suffers from the fact it may have the worst timing of all time.

Line_HTX

Watching Yu Yu Hakusho when suddenly low key racism. Like the first black guy in the show just so happens to be a scumbag who beats on the unconscious person in the tournament and is allowed to on a technicality? Jeez.

Wait, this is the first round? I don't remember that...

Wait, this is the first round? I don't remember that...

It's the fight after Kurama murks the make-up guy and the ice-sword dude. Kurama falls unconscious and this big black guy with scars all over is all like' "He's still in the ring so that technically means he has to participate in the next fight." And then he proceeds to beat the shit out of Kurama's unconscious body.

The scene was uncomfortable for a completely different reason than was probably intended.

Raxus

Favorite mech in general will always be Big O followed closely by Megas XLR

Favorite Gundam would probably be Try Burning Gundam or Build Strike

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Benefit of working at a theater: you can see any post-credits scene without having to see the movie.

Soulflarz

Banned
They could not pay me to play Battleborn, unless we're talking enough to offset the fact I can't be doing anything else.

edit: it's not that I know or don't know if it's good, they've just been extremely successful at keeping me very uninterested. Considering the second I get back from finals I'll be playing UC4, I can't see myself wanting to play anything else at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom